5 people in a room issue on Caribbean Princess

cruisersince1992

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had some advice for this problem. I have friends who would like to join my family on the Caribbean Princess. There are 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 newborn (less then 1 month old). I was just informed by my TA that the only room for 5 people is a "family suite", but the family suite is very expensive:eek: . Does anyone have any advice or has anyone delt with this problem in the past? HELP!!!

Well, not sure when you are planning to cruise, but babies must be at least 6 months old at the time of sailing for certain sailings, one year old for others, as they will not allow them any younger so hope your friends don't plan on cruising until the baby gets a bit older.

As for the 5 in a stateroom, no way around this on Princess, it is not allowed. The family suite would be the only way for 5, even with one in a crib. Sorry!

The only way to do this if the family suite is too expensive would be to get two different staterooms and put mom and two kids in one, dad and one kid in the other.

If the kids are older, some will put them in their own stateroom, but my guess is that these are much younger childern that your friends will be sailing with. But two cabins is the only way they will allow this.

But booking 5 bodies, of any age, in one stateroom just isn't allowed on Princess.

As has been said, they cannot legally allow more "people" in a cabin than it's rated for. If a cabin is rated for 2, you cannot put a 3rd in. If the cabin is rated for 4, you cannot put a 5th in, regardless of the age. I forget which regulations this would violate but I believe they are the U.S. Maritime regulations and have nothing to do with Princess policy.

Your choices are the family suite or book two cabins, keeping in mind that one of the cabins would have to be rated for three people. Once onboard, you can switch around a little but you won't be allowed to have 5 in the cabin even after switching.

As has been said, they cannot legally allow more "people" in a cabin than it's rated for. If a cabin is rated for 2, you cannot put a 3rd in. If the cabin is rated for 4, you cannot put a 5th in, regardless of the age. I forget which regulations this would violate but I believe they are the U.S. Maritime regulations and have nothing to do with Princess policy..

I think it's Princess policy, as on Celebrity they can book 3 in cabin for two, and put rollaway bed.. Unfortunately we didn't check that and were booked in one of those, rollaway bed took all space and we had one big bad for three of us including our 14 yo. :o

The rule for small children under 6 months traveling actually isn't based on the size of the life vests, but the medical care they might need if they became ill onboard. From what I have been told.

There is no way to get a small baby under 6 months old onboard a Princess ship, it just isn't allowed.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had some advice for this problem. I have friends who would like to join my family on the Caribbean Princess. There are 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 newborn (less then 1 month old). I was just informed by my TA that the only room for 5 people is a "family suite", but the family suite is very expensive:eek: . Does anyone have any advice or has anyone delt with this problem in the past? HELP!!!

Even if the cruise line allowed five people together, the average Princess cabin size, inside, oceanview or balcony, is 165 sft. Do the math.

There are cabins for four, but they have pull down beds. Floor space is still at a premium, and only one bathroom. That should work out well. :p

Archived