Pick For Me Please - Carnival Valor/liberty

Salsera718

Carnival Valor or Liberty? It'll be a New Year's Eve cruise - basic ports - both leave from Miami - both stop at St. Thomas & St. Marteen..re third port - Valor to Bahamas 7am - 2 pm and the Liberty to Puerto Rico 5pm to midlnite one more hour in each of first two ports on the Valor..both are new ships for me..so if itinerary really doesn't matter..price is slightly lower on the Valor (around $100 less for a balcony - $150 less for an oceanview and $70 less for an inside) which ship would you take and why? Thanks in advance for responses... we are 4 couples - ages 35/40, 50/51, 50/51, 60/63 and kids ages 16/13...all have cruised before on Carnival, RCCL, NCL

Since it's New Year's Eve, where will the ship be for the actual NYE?

If I had a choice, it would probably be to spend it on the ship, JMHO.

We've sailed the Valor twice and love the ship.

All other things being equal, I'd save the money and go with the Valor.

Charlie

On the Liberty NYE is in St. Marten and NY Day is at sea ( good for recouperating on the Lido deck,

On the Valor NYE is in St Thomas and NY Day is St. Marten good to recuperate at the beach

Both have last two days as sea days....

Both ships are good; in our opinion, the Valor has superior dining room service and food. If you get Rolando as a waiter on the Liberty, ask for a table change. We didn't and were very disappointed with our dinners. We aren't complainers so didn't but regretted it later. It definately impacted our overall feeling about the cruise.

Both ships are good; in our opinion, the Valor has superior dining room service and food. If you get Rolando as a waiter on the Liberty, ask for a table change. We didn't and were very disappointed with our dinners. We aren't complainers so didn't but regretted it later. It definately impacted our overall feeling about the cruise.

We're going on the Liberty on Nov 1, can you share more details? I wonder what reason we would give for asking to switch tables? I don't want anything to impact our cruise. We really enjoy a pleasant friendly waiter. We just got off the Infinity and our waiter was good but lacked personality and it really did make a difference. Our cruise before that on the Valor, we had an awesome waiter and asst waiter. We had great tablemates and we looked forward to going to dinner every night. I'm wondering if we should be doing the Valor again. We had such a great time.

Back to the original question - Valor or Liberty?

If you haven't been on either then you can't go wrong on the Valor, less money and you will love it.

We wish we had just been honest with the maitre'd or head waiter. Our waiter did things like spillling soup on the table and into a water glass; did not even take the water glass away or cover the spill with a napkin. If we ordered salad or an appetizer, he usually forgot. We never got a full dinner that we ordered. There were empty tables on the cruise so I think it would have been easy to switch. I am sorry we put up with it; wish we had not been worrying about complaining. If you don't feel comfortable with a complaint, then, just request a change citing location or some other benign reason.

Archived