Carnival Fantasy Cozumel Excursion suggestion?

JackJenCruise

Hello! My bf and I are going on Carnival Fantasy in less than two weeks. We want to hear your input and experience in Cozumel. Any suggestion on the following excursion in Cozumel?

* Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

* Isla Pasion By Twister

* Playa Mia Beach Break

Is the buffet at the playa Mia Beach worth the money?

How's Pasion Island vs Playa Mia Beach?

Thanks so much!

Hello! My bf and I are going on Carnival Fantasy in less than two weeks. We want to hear your input and experience in Cozumel. Any suggestion on the following excursion in Cozumel?

* Isla Pasion By Twister

* Playa Mia Beach Break

Thanks so much!

It may be best to ask this question on the Cozumel board as you will get a better response.

We leave on Thursday and are booked on the mini speed boat excursion. Not too much info on it, but reviews are positive.

good luck.:)

It may be best to ask this question on the Cozumel board as you will get a better response.

We leave on Thursday and are booked on the mini speed boat excursion. Not too much info on it, but reviews are positive.

good luck.:)

I'm not sure what reviews you have seen about the mini speed boat, most I have seen are not good.

When I'm in Cozumel, I like to rent a jeep and do my own thing. There are tons of bars along the beach and the are delighted to see tourists. I've done this 3 times so far and really enjoy it. If you are uncomfortable doing your own excursion, I'd go with the beach break!

I'm not sure what reviews you have seen about the mini speed boat, most I have seen are not good.

...Guess I lucked out and found the good ones...

Stayed on Cozumel a few times, so nothing looked too interesting.

We recently returned & did Nachi Cocum on our own. Booked online with a deposit, $15 cab ride to the site. Three course lunch, all drinks, pool, hot tub, palapas, beach and great staff all included for $49pp. Great deal & fabulous staff and facilities. Took my Mom (77) and she said it was the best vacation day she'd ever had.:D

When I'm in Cozumel, I like to rent a jeep and do my own thing. There are tons of bars along the beach and the are delighted to see tourists. I've done this 3 times so far and really enjoy it. If you are uncomfortable doing your own excursion, I'd go with the beach break!

Ahh... we're going to Coz again in November and I've finally built up enough courage to rent a jeep. My question is ... do I have to do this before I get the island or will I have vendors waiting for me?

* Isla Pasion By Twister

* Playa Mia Beach Break

Thanks so much!

I second what the other poster said about Nachi. It is a very nice place. But, of the 3 you mentioned, I can tell you about Isla Pasion. I did not take the Twister but did go to the island. The island is beautiful and very quiet. (its the place where some of the Corona beer commercials are filmed!) Its all inclusive and they have a Mexican buffet (best guacamole I've ever eaten) and an open bar. There are chairs and umbrellas all up and down the beach, as well as hammocks to lounge in. The facilities are clean, massages are offered, and the staff very friendly.

Here is a youtube video of the boat ride:

you can learn more at www dot tourcozumel dot net

or contact Carrie, the lady who takes the bookings. Her email addy is tourcozumel at yahoo.com I've been dealing w/her and she offers the absolute best customer service that I've ever seen. Since she has taken over the bookings, things run extremely smooth. She really knows her business.

Anyway, hope this helps, and no matter what you decide to do, have a great time!

My then 16yo daughter and I did the mini speed boat last summer, and we LOVED it!! It was my first time to drive ANY kind, or size, of boat, and once i got the hang of it, it was a blast!! They explain the hand signals, make sure you understand, then they get you in your boat, and you play "follow the leader"!:D They take you to a beach, and not a straight line, but we zigged and zagged all the way to that beach. We got out of the boats, some swam, some walked along the beach, for about 30 minutes, and then we got back in the boats and headed back. They had some soft drinks and some food when we got back, which was very good! We had a really fun time with this excursion!

We went to Cozumel in April. We did some shopping and then we got a taxi right by the pier and went to Carlos 's and Charlie's beach. There is a restuarant and a beautiful beach. The food was good and reasonably priced. Drinks were good. Different prices for different sizes. They only serve Sol beer but it is good. They have massages and banana boat and wave runner rentals. Thatch covered umbrellas and lounge chairs. We didn't have to rent chairs or pay to go on the beach. We just ate and then went and found a great spot on the beach. Not crowded at all. We all wanted to go do the Carlos's and Charlie's thing without the crowded bar. And, we all wanted to do the beach also. So, we all got what we wanted. They had cabs waiting outside when we were ready to leave. I don't remember the cost of the cab ride but it wasn't much and there was 4 of us. We had done Uxmal in Progresso so we were looking for a bit more laid back experience in Cozumel. Have a great time no matter what you do. You are in Cozumel, what could be better?:D

My then 16yo daughter and I did the mini speed boat last summer, and we LOVED it!! It was my first time to drive ANY kind, or size, of boat, and once i got the hang of it, it was a blast!! They explain the hand signals, make sure you understand, then they get you in your boat, and you play "follow the leader"!:D They take you to a beach, and not a straight line, but we zigged and zagged all the way to that beach. We got out of the boats, some swam, some walked along the beach, for about 30 minutes, and then we got back in the boats and headed back. They had some soft drinks and some food when we got back, which was very good! We had a really fun time with this excursion!

Thanks so much for the info!. I am glad you had a nice time. DH and I sail, so it will be fun to try out the little boat! As I mentioned above, I have heard nothing but nice things about the excursion. We are pretty easy to please.

Thanks so much for the info!. I am glad you had a nice time. DH and I sail, so it will be fun to try out the little boat! As I mentioned above, I have heard nothing but nice things about the excursion. We are pretty easy to please.

I am glad you posted this thread. We will be returning to Cozumel in February. Just me and my best friend this time. We were looking for something different to do and this seems right up our alley. Post a review when you get back with all the info. Have a great time.

While people say it's is crowded, Playa Mia, is a fun place if that is the scene you are looking for. Young, loud and lots of food and booze (and the notorious "iceberg"). They also offer a cooking class. Spend a few hours in a kitchen (with an open bar), learn to make some great food, enjoy *your* lunch, and then you are released into the rest of the complex. The wife and I did this and found it a great combo of spending some time together in the kitchen working as a couple, and then having plenty of time to wonder around, explore, go swimming, etc. on our own afterward.

On the flip side, last time in Cozumel we went to Palancar Beach Club - not available via Carnival - grab a cab. Palancar is about as far away as you can get without renting your own vehicle. Nice quite beach, the kind of place the locals go (you'll also see some cruise ship staff here as they want to get away from the crowds). Fantastic food and there is also a dive/snorkel shop in case you want to check out the world class snorkeling around Palancar Reef. If you are looking to just bum it by the beach with good food and a book, you'll be hard pressed to find better.

While I have not been to Nochi, from what I hear, it is probably somewhere in the middle of these two options.

In the end, you got the find the excursion that meets your own style!

I am glad you posted this thread. We will be returning to Cozumel in February. Just me and my best friend this time. We were looking for something different to do and this seems right up our alley. Post a review when you get back with all the info. Have a great time.

Thanks, I will. Most likely, I will post it in the coz forum.

Look at booking at Playa Uvas, independently.

We were just there last Monday. Purchased the snorkel package ($39 pp) which included the guided snorkel, lunch & open bar. They have various other packages as well, including the clear kayak.

Transportation is on-your-own, but it was $6 each (2 people) there and we shared a taxi back, so it was $5 each.

It was very crowded that day because Carnival also uses this for their excursions, but booking on your own is cheaper even though Carnival includes the transportation.

See the LONG thread on the Cozumel board.

I second the opionion of Letsgocruz regarding Passion Isle. It was a awesome island with lots of friendly folks. The buffet was the best and also has an open bar.. You can do it by Twister Boat ride or by land. Carrie is the person to contact to book this, she is the best!!

WE spent the day there in Jan. Booked through CCL, about 60 bucks I think. Bus ride there...after waitting 45 minutes after our "meet by" time to go for a short JOG down the crowded street to the bus area. We get there, get accousted by obnoxious vendors the whole way in. They were very pushy and very offended when you choose not to stop and shop.

The chair set up was fine. There were very nice and eager staff on the beach to help us get settled. The chair sit right on the sand semi reclined/ rocker type base. I found them just fine. Drinks were plentiful. We only had to raise our hand and our " guy" would prompty come to see what was our pleasure. DH loved that, drinks at a wave of a hand and a beach umbrella to hide under!

Beach was grainy, I like the soft sand kind, not the "have to wear shoes to get into the water" kind of sand, rocky, broken shells= booboo feet! The water was beautiful though. It got very crowded and noisy once the party boat of very drunk travelers got off....quit when they left.

Food, we got the AI deal, buffet was fair...at best. The food that our neighbors were ordering ala carte looked and smelled much better!!

Got accousted again trying to leave the place by the same obnoxious peddlers ( INSIDE the Playa Mia Gates).......

Did we drink our entrance fee......maybe for 1, food was not so great.....service on the beach...OUTSTANDING!! They really worked hard and we paid them at the end of our stay. Others paid them upfront and also were treated well so its your call on that.

Next time I think I will try the Nacci (?) place...........Looks nice. Enjoy!!

As they say, if you want good snorkeling, you're probably not going to have the soft, sandy beaches.

It totally depends on what you want to do. For this trip, I wanted to snorkel for the first time and I loved it!

Just do your homework and decide what is most important to you. Next time, if I just want a beach, I'll go to Nachi, but if I want to snorkel again, I'll probably return to Uvas.

Archived