Upgrade To Superior Oceanview??

Currently we have a promenade room booked on the Mariner for November. In searching the RCCL website I found a superior oceanview for a reasonable price ($1299 pp). It is 6662, pretty far aft.

So the question is: is it worth it to upgrade? We paid $709 pp for the promenade room. Thanks!!

This question is asked a lot and i just scratch my head. Can you afford the upgrade? Is it important to you to have an ocean view? Only you can answer what your budget allows. I personally would not sail in any interior cabin. I dislike the promenade cabins because if your light is on everyone across the way can look in. If you need to have the curtain drawn at all times it's still an interior cabin

Ok, allow me to clarify.

Have no issue with interior cabins as we have always stayed in them. We were in a PR room on the Mariner last year and liked it fine.

I guess my question is more about location. 6662 is pretty far aft. It is my understanding that all balcony cabins on the Mariner have unobstructed views. Is this correct? Would not be worth it to me to pay additional funds and look at a lifeboat! I believe this cabin is close to stairs which sounds good.

While the Sup. OV will have more space in the cabin (which is nice!) unless it has a balcony, the view isn't all that! If you're getting a balcony (I haven't looked at the deck plans) then I'd go for it!

Currently we have a promenade room booked on the Mariner for November. In searching the RCCL website I found a superior oceanview for a reasonable price ($1299 pp). It is 6662, pretty far aft.

So the question is: is it worth it to upgrade? We paid $709 pp for the promenade room. Thanks!!

You are talking about going from a Promenade cabin to a D1 balcony cabin. This is a HUGE step up. The cabin is quite a bit larger and the balcony is a very nice size. It's NOT far aft at all. It's about halfway between the midship stairs/elevators and the true aft of the ship.

IF you want to spend the additional $590 per person, this is a GREAT cabin.

Only you know if this change/upgrade is worth a total of $1180 to you.

I would definitely keep checking the RCI webpage if I were you. We're going on the Mariner in June, and there have been quite a few price drops so far.

Indeed, we managed to upgrade from an interior to a superior oceanview last week, and we only had to pay about $50 extra! Price drops are the best. :)

Wow! Thanks for the "heads up". Been checking the web site almost daily and no recent changes to the prices. There are only a handful of cabins still available, so I'm not holding out much hope of a price drop. But I'll certainly keep looking.

We had the same dilemma but opted for the balcony (ours is a D2 for the same price, but different ship, different sailing).

To us, a balcony cabin makes (or breaks if we don't have one ) the cruise. It's a totally different experience, but we've discovered, we LOVE our privacy, drinking coffee on the balcony, watching the flying fish and dolphins, seeing the sunrise from bed, watching the stars at midnight. You get my drift (pun intended).

I wish I was happy in an inside. I tried it in March and I'm taking another cruise next month because I missed my balcony :)

Any excuse will do, any port in a storm.

Karen in Kentucky

Archived