Pinnacle Grill for lunch questions

airlink diva

Good morning fellow cruisers!!

I noticed that several cruisers mentioned on having lunch in the Pinnacle grill. I want to know the following concerning this.

Is Pinnacle offering lunch only for suite guest? I ask this because from reading some threads that suite guest can have breakfast there.

How much is the lunch in the Pinnacle?

Is this only offered on sea days?

I just might want to try this on my upcoming cruise.

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM!!

10/24/08-11/07/08

We have had lunch in Pinnacle several times and really enjoyed it. It is open for everyone and the charge used to be $15 pp. Recently, dinner was reduced from $30 to $20 so it seems likely lunch will also be reduced.

It varies from ship to ship and sometimes Hotel Manager to Hotel Manager as to days it is open. We have seen it open on some port days for lunch but that is not the rule. It normally is just sea days but there can be exceptions.

Breakfast in Pinnacle is only for guests in "PS" and "S", SA, SB and SC" Cabins.

The Pinnacle Lunch Menu is different than their dinner menu. Very delicious. I'll see if I can find the lunch menu and post it.

Actually, it might have already been posted here. Probably KK.....she has posted all menus at one time or another. :)

Was there some reason it was full on Thursday? Is that the night of the limited menu (like the Master Chef dinner but no MC dinner on the Westerdam).
The menu is limited, but I felt is just as strong (except appetizers) as other evenings regarding soups and entrees.

Lunch is now $10 per person -- some port days it is open. On our recent Westerdam Alaskan cruise it was closed the first sea day because of the suite lunch. Check your daily program.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

Lunch is now $10 per person -- some port days it is open. On our recent Westerdam Alaskan cruise it was closed the first sea day because of the suite lunch. Check your daily program.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

Yummy!!

I'm going to check this out when I get on board!!

Happy sailing!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in attending the Pinnacle Grill for lunch and would like to know where and how I can make advance reservations on line. If not, can I make them onboard and where would this take place?

Thanks for any help you can give.

awfw

AWFW: You can make a res on line at the HAL website. The best way is the day you board the ship to go to the PG where they will have the res book and can set you up for as many days or nights as you wish.

Is the "sit down" lunch served for luch other than the Pinnacle ?

In my experience, the main dining room serves sit down lunches on most sea days. When in port, the main option is the Lido, Terrace Grill, or room service.

Archived