?'s About A Back To Back

GTO-Girl

We are "hoping":o to do our first back to B2B (Nov.09) to celebrate our 40th anniversary and my husband's big 6-0 birthday.

When would be a good time to start getting quotes? Also since we are Past Guests with Carnival.....I would like opinons on where I might do better with pricing...with a PVP or with a Travel Agent?

This will be a big investment for us so any and all opinions and advice are very welcomed!

Dianne

First off Congratulations on your 40th anniversary. I search the internet and call carnival. If prices go down Carnival will correct the price with you, some TA's wont. I would start now because prices are changing a lot lately.

We have some doing a B2B on the Conquest for the Sept 20, 2009 date, $825 for the balcony, total price, Eastern, then some are doing the Western B2B.

The good prices are now, and only going up. We book over a year in advance to get the best prices. Lock in the fuel supplement now too. The way oil is going it could also go up more.

Sorry I should have given a little more info. Since we live fairly close to Pt Canaveral that is where we like to sail from. We are hoping the Carnival Dream does come in Oct '09 because I cannot think of anything better that doing our first B2B on a new ship. :D

The website of course is still shows the Glory in November '09.......so I'm not sure when prices for the new ship will be available. Of course I'm also afraid that will drive up the prices. :o

Thanks again for everyone's help.....

Dianne

Sorry I should have given a little more info. Since we live fairly close to Pt Canaveral that is where we like to sail from. We are hoping the Carnival Dream does come in Oct '09 because I cannot think of anything better that doing our first B2B on a new ship. :D

The website of course is still shows the Glory in November '09.......so I'm not sure when prices for the new ship will be available. Of course I'm also afraid that will drive up the prices. :o

Thanks again for everyone's help.....

Dianne

From my observations, prices seem to be a bit higher the newer the ship is. Call Carnival and ask them when the prices and itenerary are expected to be released for the Dream... it would be nice to go the 40 anniversary on the newer ship (congratulations).

We just finished our first B2B on the Glory celebrating our 28th... we have a few years to go to catch up to you, but we will just keep cruising our way along.

We have some doing a B2B on the Conquest for the Sept 20, 2009 date, $825 for the balcony, total price, Eastern, then some are doing the Western B2B.

The good prices are now, and only going up. We book over a year in advance to get the best prices. Lock in the fuel supplement now too. The way oil is going it could also go up more.

Hi Firefly, is that 825 per person per trip or is that 825 for the entire b2b? If so that is an amazing price.

Find a cruise that does the eastern and then the western (or reverse) that way you have new ports for each week. Also make sure you can get the same cabin both weeks so you don't have to pack up and move after the first week.

Archived