Those @##%&$% Laundry Tags!!!

kakalina

I'm telling you they are really something. :) Today DH put on one of his tropical shirts ( it was 110* last week ) and found three laundry tags in the shirt. The first two weren't bad just on the collar seam. But oh, the last one. It was finally located, after much searching and giggling, just below the sleeve in the side seam. Ouch!:eek:

We had to smile as we remembered the last cruise in Feb. I can't be certain if I was smiling because the cruise was so great or because that was the last time someone washed, dried, folded and/or hung up my laundry for me ( sigh ) :o

Good memories revisited either way.

Oh I Love those Tags:D I refuse to take them off. Now question I have peeled them off if I am sending them out on the ship to be cleaned. Are you saying that I could leave the old ones in place and I would get a 2nd one and it would not confuse them:) Oh that would be fun to see how many tags I could collect on one pari of pants:D

Right Lisa. They do not remove the old tags. In fact, while I was typing he found one more tag on the shirt. Maybe we could hold a contest for the item of clothing with the most unremoved laundry tags?! That could be fun and possibly educational. :D

Good to know, guess I will stop removing and see how many I can collect on one pair of pants:D

Hmmm maybe I should pack really like and only bring 2 pairs of pants and keep sending them out to be cleaned;)

But You know what, that isn't going to happen, a girl just has to have lot of clothes to chose from:)

Those tags can be mighty itchy!! :D I sometimes see DH scratching the back of his neck and I know it's a tag on the inside collar.

He has some shirts, pants, short etc he only wears on cruises and it's fun when I am packing for us to cruise, to find the tags on from our last cruise. I leave it to him to take off his own 'dam' tags. :D

Gee... I always smile when I see the laundry tags on my clothes.

I think of them as akin to the old labels that used to be affixed to steamer trunks, badges of remembrance for travels past. =)

Ten years ago I cruised with HAL. I was a sophomore in college. I still had some of those tags in my clothes when I graduated! They were a little curled up at the edges, but I couldn't bear to tear them out.

Reminds me of when I was a Naval Officer on a carrier and our Filipino stewards always used laundry tags on our clothes. It was a few years after leaving the Navy that I removed all of them. They do itch the same as the ones on HAL, though.

This thread begs a question of a newbie--do you all send out your, uh, un-mentionables? to be laundered? Just wondering. I know I'll send some laundry out while onboard, just not sure how bold I'll be to send certain items.

Love em! They are the best souvenirs -- bring a smile to my face each time I've come across one over the past year and can't wait to have all my stuff so beautifully pressed again!

Pat

I soooo agree with this statement!

I've had yellow and pink, any other colors out there???

This thread begs a question of a newbie--do you all send out your, uh, un-mentionables? to be laundered? Just wondering. I know I'll send some laundry out while onboard, just not sure how bold I'll be to send certain items.

I once sent out my dainties and had to get cornstarch from the galley for the rash. Be careful if you send them out, they don't seem to always get the soap out. I still send out all the other clothes, just not my "delicates".

Archived