if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

• 2 weeks later...

never impressed with Gordon Watman... he goes down well with Americans and non-uk travellers, but reminds me of cheap camping holiday directors.... and granny fodder tv shows... sorry Gordon...

Edited by JonAlone

Since we have been on only two RCL Cruises in our grand total of # 4, I do recall Peter Biefeld on the Brilliance back in 2004 and he was a riot. Oh now Kirk was our CD on the ROS this past Oct for our RT Hawaii Cruise out of San Diego. he was leaving for another ship, can't recall which one.

On the Grandeur last week the cruise director was Dan Whitney. I would have to say he was my favorite because he is the only one whose name I can remember - so he must have made an impression on me. I thought he was easy going, amusing and not 'over the top'.

Just got off Liberty yesterday, and we still love Ken Rush. We also sailed with him back in 1999 on Enchantment, and the man is a true professional. Ken is done on the Liberty now. He is taking a little time off, taking over Mariner for a short while, and then taking some more vacation time before finally taking out Oasis in December.

We also had a great experience with Jill Tasker on Grandeur three years back.

Just got back from our first cruise on the Monarch....

Chris the CD was too funny!!!!!!

We had a great time joking around with him...

*Melanie*

:D:D:D

I agree 100%. Chris Northey is one of my favorites. He really shines doing the Love and Marriage game.

Bob

never impressed with Gordon Watman... he goes down well with Americans and non-uk travellers, but reminds me of cheap camping holiday directors.... and granny fodder tv shows... sorry Gordon...

Guess I need to clarify this...

Gordon is a great guy and I find him entertaining and fun off stage, great to have a drink with in the late bars, and does his job well as a cruise director... it is more the on-stage personna that jars with me... but this part of the entertainment isnt directed at my demographic...

I have no idea if any other cruise directors would entertain me more, nor do I expect they would be bothered if they didn't... :p

Problem is, I have heard 90% of the jokes before and me being a single gay guy in his 40s usually travelling in a crowd of 25 - 50's - So we are not the target audience for any hard working cruise director,,, we are ALREADY having fun... and I am sure Gordon would agree to this...

One question he asked as part of the Trivia Quiz last year was..."How many suitcases did the mad dressing up group from London and New York bring on at Bayonne?" (We brought 39 cases between 11 of us..)

Glad I got that off my chest... it didn't read right first time it was posted....:rolleyes: