Cruise overnights in Bangkok/Laemchabang,Thailand, sugggestions sought re touring

slp123

Next January (2009) I am on an Azamara cruise that calls at and overnights at the port of Laemchabang,Thailand, for touring Bangkok. The ship arrives at 11 am on a Tuesday and departs at 5 pm the following day. I know that it is a 2 hour drive from the port to Bangkok (give or take 30 minutes). I would most appreciate hearing from members who have been to Bangkok mid-cruise (as opposed to when Bangkok was your port of embarkation or disembarkation) and if they would recommend overnighting at hotel in Bangkok or found it convenient enough to return to the ship and head out again the following day. :confused:

I would highly recommend staying overnight in Bangkok. We booked the hotel through our cruise line as this included transporation and the hotel. As you say the drive is quite long and given the amount of time we were in port (similar to what your itinerary calls for) that we could make better use of our time staying overnight on land.

Keith

I would highly recommend staying overnight in Bangkok. We booked the hotel through our cruise line as this included transporation and the hotel. As you say the drive is quite long and given the amount of time we were in port (similar to what your itinerary calls for) that we could make better use of our time staying overnight on land.

Keith

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

When we were in [well, near] Beijing in 2006, we rode buses both ways for 2 days because [1] we didn't think and [2] HAL didn't post the overnight option until late. NEVER AGAIN!

This year, we are overnighting in Laem Chabang and using Chang Thai Travel [changthaitravel.com] for tours both days. We made our own hotel arrangements at a Marriott. Our tours will include an evening dinner cruise on the Chao Phrya as well as all of the temples in the world, floating market, etc.

The prices are quoted in Thai bahts with payment in cash; they will accept USD based on the exchange rate for the day of the trip. Check out their website for a better idea of offerings and prices.

Archived