aqua class or plain old veranda

bahi

Back to the original question. We're on b2b with Solstice. Have a nice 1A hump cabin. The price difference for AQ class is $400 dollars more. Aside from the Blu, if we elected to purchase the Persian Gardens for the week, that cost would be.......??????? WAVTAM

I don't know if anyone knows for sure. For other Celebrity ships I've seen it quoted at $25-30/ day or around a $100 for a pass for the entire cruise.

How often do you think you will be eating in Blu? I'll probably eat dinner their on all seven nights of our cruise, a $420 dollar value right there.

this is too funny. i am in 1535 for the NYE sailing. I always have a portside cabin. Also i like having sun on my deck. i sit and read there. since there is no adult pool i figure i would be reading alot out there.

this is too funny. i am in 1535 for the NYE sailing. I always have a portside cabin. Also i like having sun on my deck. i sit and read there. since there is no adult pool i figure i would be reading alot out there.

Yes, there will be an adult's only pool area - the Solarium.

Hard to imagine the Blu, being $60 per night,that much better then main dining.

The speciality restaurants on the M-class ships are much better for $30 pp.

With the Blu's smaller dining room (130) there should be more personal service and food should be made more to order with a different menu. So I think and hope it will be noticeably better.

Hard to imagine the Blu, being $60 per night,that much better then main dining.

It cost me $400 to upgrade to Aquaclass. A real bargain in my opinion.

I will eat in Blu every evening. The very large dining rooms sometimes give me the impression that food is simply being ferryed out on a conveyor belt. The 130 person seating of Blu will feel much more intimate, like a "real" restaurant.

I also plan on making full use of the Persian Gardens and Spa relaxation area.

And as FinelyCruising so eloquently put it, who could put a price on some peace and quiet...

Plain old verandah for us: Cat 2B on Sky deck. Roll on September 28th 2009!

Actually, I say 'plain old'... it'll actually be our first balcony cabin with Celebrity; our two Galaxy cruises were in Ocean View cabins.

We enjoy: the itinerary; meeting lots of new people; we're pretty happy with main dining room meals, at a big table; so 'plain old' is just what we want.

Why do u think there won't be any kids in there?

I'm not sure it's correct to say there won't be ANY kids - but the likelihood is that there will be far fewer in Blu than the main dining room. This is because the AQ cabins are 2-fers only, which means you will probably have fewer kids in AQ (unless parents get two AQ cabins - one for them, one for 2 kids). That's one of the benefits of AQ to begin with - the fact that having all 2-fer cabins means that there will be fewer families on that deck. And since Blu is going to be predominantly filled with AQ pax, this means fewer kids.

But don't expect to see NO kids there - remember, non AQ pax can eat in Blu by reservation, if space is available.

As for whether or not it's going to be better than the main dining room - Celebrity is well known for having specialty restaurants that are ostensibly some of the best dining at sea - at least equal to if not exceeding the dining on the luxury lines. Blu is right next to the other specialty restaurants on Solstice class ships, meaning that it's probably sharing a galley, so I think it's safe to assume that the food will be comparable to Celebrity's specialty restaurants as a whole. At least, that's what I'm hoping!

I'm planning on eating about half my dinners in Blu, and the other half in the other specialty restaurants. I'm still curious to find out if Blu really doesn't adhere to the formal night dress code (as per another thread)...if not, I'll be dining in one of the specialty restaurants that DOES on our formal nights. :)

• 8 months later...

Archived