aqua class or plain old veranda

bahi

Can't resist booking my first Celebrity cruise with the great deals on the Solstice. My question is should I spend the extra 500.00 on the Aqua Class??

Also is the use of the solerium pool extra?

Thanks MB

We elected a balcony cabin because we aren't into the spa and like to have lots of choices around dining, would not want to be limited to menu in the Blu.

You can still eat at all the other dining venues if you are in Aqua Class. You just get to eat at Blu for no additional fee and have guaranteed seating there.

Aqua class is worth it to us. Well we think it will be anyway, won't know until we sail. Eating in Blu actually was one of the draws. We get to eat at a specialty restaurant every night, probably most nights as well eat around :) . Now I don't think it is going to be like the specialty restaurants on the M class ships but we are hoping it will be good. Unlike a lot of other people, I really don't enjoy the dining room experience that much. It's OK, but way too crowded and noisy for my tastes. We'll see, Blu could turn out the same way.

We also like the idea that the AQ cabins are for 2 people only so we were thinking that it will be more adult dining. We can't wait.

Now all the other stuff is cool too but if it wasn't for Blu we would probably book a C1 or C2. But on our cruise (11/30) the price difference compared to AQ is not a lot, less than $200 for C1 and $400 for C2.

Oh yea, the solarium pool is free to all. Sadly no T-pool.

enjoy,

Duane

I have been sailing HAL recently and just booked one of the additional Solstice sailings on 11/30. Not very informed about Celebrity/Solstice issues. Will someone explain the Persian Garden to me? What is the daily charge for the Persian Garden? Are reservations necessary?

Thanks.

B

I would be hesitant to book a cabin under the pool deck..(noise, huge over hang) :eek: Been there, done that on the Millenium... YIKES>>

I will be anxious to hear reviews of the Aqua Class staterooms..

Aft of 1619 and 1622, you're under Sky Suites. ;)

I would be hesitant to book a cabin under the pool deck..(noise, huge over hang) :eek: Been there, done that on the Millenium... YIKES>>I will be anxious to hear reviews of the Aqua Class staterooms..

Does anyone know whether Blu will be open for just dinner or other meals too? :confused:

Hi,:) I have been surfing the net trying to find an answer to your

question.

For some reason I thought it was open for lunch too but

maybe not.

I can't find anything about other meals in there.

Did you click on the big Solstice thread at the top of this

forum? Maybe someone knows about it over there.:)

I would be hesitant to book a cabin under the pool deck..(noise, huge over hang) :eek: Been there, done that on the Millenium... YIKES>>

I will be anxious to hear reviews of the Aqua Class staterooms..

You just need to be picky about which cabins you pick. We were under the cabins towards the aft but moved up under the Acupuncture at sea rooms. We like being real close to the gym, Aqua spa cafe and the Solarium. Pretty close to the same cabin we usually get on an M class ship.

Looked at the hump cabins and the angled cabins, but as you say, I'm would be real hesitant to book under the pool.

Some people don't like the overhang either but it is a draw for me. Love to sit out there in the shade. We live in S Florida so we usually try to stay out of the sun :) It's also great if there is rain. The downside, no stars overhead.

enjoy,

Duane

Hi,:) I have been surfing the net trying to find an answer to your

question.

For some reason I thought it was open for lunch too but

maybe not.

I can't find anything about other meals in there.

Did you click on the big Solstice thread at the top of this

forum? Maybe someone knows about it over there.:)

Thanks for the advice. I've asked there too.

The Celebrity Solstice website describes Blu in such a way that I'm wondering if the main dining room menu will be available in addition to the spa-inspired menu. The description was worded "traditional fare" in addition to the healthy spa menu. If that is the case, this sounds like the way Princess works in their Italian, Asian, etc, restaurants where the main dining room menu is presented in each venue as well as the specialty menu.

Can anyone confirm this with regard to Blu?

HUm.. So if you are in an aqua class cabin, would you get an assigned seat in the main dining room AS WELL as blu, or just blu?

No, I'm not talking about assigned seating, but rather menus. The words "traditional fare" were used in describing the Blu menu in addition to the healthy spa features. Makes me wonder if a patron in Blu will be presented with two menus, one with the nightly selections served in the main dining room, and Blu's own menu. ??????

Will Blu have it's own galley?

Aqua class is worth it to us. Well we think it will be anyway, won't know until we sail. Eating in Blu actually was one of the draws. We get to eat at a specialty restaurant every night, probably most nights as well eat around :) . Now I don't think it is going to be like the specialty restaurants on the M class ships but we are hoping it will be good. Unlike a lot of other people, I really don't enjoy the dining room experience that much. It's OK, but way too crowded and noisy for my tastes. We'll see, Blu could turn out the same way.

We also like the idea that the AQ cabins are for 2 people only so we were thinking that it will be more adult dining. We can't wait.

Now all the other stuff is cool too but if it wasn't for Blu we would probably book a C1 or C2. But on our cruise (11/30) the price difference compared to AQ is not a lot, less than $200 for C1 and $400 for C2.

Oh yea, the solarium pool is free to all. Sadly no T-pool.

enjoy,

Duane

We chose AQ class primarily because of our previous experience in Concierge Class, the AQ-class restaurant Blu and secondarily because of the access to the relaxation lounge and Persian Gardens.

What enticed us about Blu is:

• It is a specialty restaurant - so based on our experience on the M-class ships that means more personal service than the main restaurant. It's very nice the way the staff make you feel - like you're a VIP - which is a big part of what the Celebrity cruise experience is all about and what attracted us to it in the first place.
  • It is an intimate venue - I count only 118 seats - besides the more personal attention you'll receive it will also have a smaller-ship, more exclusive atmosphere.
  • The food - it promises to be a cut above the main restaurant (given the extra cost for non-AQ class pax) with both healthful and indulgent alternatives. So you can splurge on one meal then eat healthier the next if/when you feel the need to justify it!
  • Affordable luxury - you don't feel like you're having to spend extra $$$ on it each time you go, even though it's part of the initial cabin price. The Nov 30 cruise prices put AQ class and Blu within our reach!
  • The option to go to the main restaurant - although because it is our first S-class cruise we'll probably not go there for dinner. However, we'll still get to use it for breakfast and/or lunch (if Blu is not open at these times).

IMHO the whole AQ class idea is to make the shipboard feeling more intimate that what one would normally expect on ship with almost 3,000 pax. We'll see how it works out in practice! :D

BTW, we booked an AQ aft cabin - these have cabins above them and do not have overhangs.

We chose AQ class primarily because of our previous experience in Concierge Class, the AQ-class restaurant Blu and secondarily because of the access to the relaxation lounge and Persian Gardens.

What enticed us about Blu is:

• It is a specialty restaurant - so based on our experience on the M-class ships that means more personal service than the main restaurant. It's very nice the way the staff make you feel - like you're a VIP - which is a big part of what the Celebrity cruise experience is all about and what attracted us to it in the first place.
  • It is an intimate venue - I count only 118 seats - besides the more personal attention you'll receive it will also have a smaller-ship, more exclusive atmosphere.
  • The food - it promises to be a cut above the main restaurant (given the extra cost for non-AQ class pax) with both healthful and indulgent alternatives. So you can splurge on one meal then eat healthier the next if/when you feel the need to justify it!
  • Affordable luxury - you don't feel like you're having to spend extra $$$ on it each time you go, even though it's part of the initial cabin price. The Nov 30 cruise prices put AQ class and Blu within our reach!
  • The option to go to the main restaurant - although because it is our first S-class cruise we'll probably not go there for dinner. However, we'll still get to use it for breakfast and/or lunch (if Blu is not open at these times).

IMHO the whole AQ class idea is to make the shipboard feeling more intimate that what one would normally expect on ship with almost 3,000 pax. We'll see how it works out in practice! :D

BTW, we booked an AQ aft cabin - these have cabins above them and do not have overhangs.

Thanks for the great sales pitch with regard to Aqua class! Sounds very nice. I need to study the deck plan better as I didn't realize Aqua class had aft cabins.

Will Blu be an extra fare restaurant to non-Aqua class passengers? Or will they dine at no charge, but on a space-available basis?

Thanks for the great sales pitch with regard to Aqua class! Sounds very nice. I need to study the deck plan better as I didn't realize Aqua class had aft cabins.

I don't think they have backwards facing cabins, but they have some cabins near the back of the ship. I think the previous poster was using aft as meaning towards the back of the ship and not all the way back.

I don't think they have backwards facing cabins, but they have some cabins near the back of the ship. I think the previous poster was using aft as meaning towards the back of the ship and not all the way back.

Ah, gotcha. I'm a true AFT guy, so got a little excited there. As to aft cabins, there will be nothing quite like the FV and CC cabins on the Millie-class ships.

We are sort of torn on cabin selection. While the cabins towards the aft have the advantage of cabins above and no overhang, the ones forward that have either the acupuncture or hair salon above look nice to us because it is closer to the relaxation lounge and being in a corridor that will be virtually child free. For that reason, we are thinking about cabin 1542 or 1537. We were trying to figure out the humps, but gave up!

Will Blu be an extra fare restaurant to non-Aqua class passengers? Or will they dine at no charge, but on a space-available basis?

I've been told it will be $30 for non-AQ class pax.

We are sort of torn on cabin selection. While the cabins towards the aft have the advantage of cabins above and no overhang, the ones forward that have either the acupuncture or hair salon above look nice to us because it is closer to the relaxation lounge and being in a corridor that will be virtually child free. For that reason, we are thinking about cabin 1542 or 1537. We were trying to figure out the humps, but gave up!

I forgot to mention that the aft AQ class cabins are closer to the aft elevators - which themselves are closer to the dining venues both above and below.

Yes, I was referring to cabins 1621 - 1650 that are near the back of the ship but not facing backwards.

Archived