Magnetic games? Where are they sold?

terri1020

Leaving in 8 days (YEAH!) on NCL Dawn to Bermuda. Traveling with lots of family, one of which is a three year old. Many people have mentioned magnetic type boards (like Mr. Potato Head) that their children loved. We've looked at Toys R Us and stores like that and can't seem to find them. We are in Central New Jersey. Can anyone tell us where we might find them???

Thanks, Terri

Terri~

Try your local dollar store as well as Target, Walmart, etc.

Also, be on the look out for Elmer's Invisible paintbrushes/paper! I brought these on our recent cruise and they worked like a charm! The "brushes" will only paint on the special paper that comes with them. No mess! My kids (2 and 5) and my nephew (18 mos) LOVED them. Kept them VERY occupied while waiting for dinner to arrive:) Also available at places like Target and Walmart. Not sure where you are in Central NJ, but I bought mine at Wegman's food market.

Walmart and Taget have already been mentioned. I also second the elmers paint brush stuff. Amazon is great, but probably don't have time left to get it. Last resort is actually at the airport or mini marts. I first saw them at the airport, pricier but would pay anything if the kid is about to melt down lol. Mini marts close to the pier is a good bet too.

I just saw a bunch of the magnet sets at Learning Express -- probably more expensive, but if you haven't found them anywhere else... I've definitely gotten them at ToysRUs before -- hanging on the end of an aisle in the Imaginarium section.

Similar to the Elmers, I'd recommend the Crayola ColorWonder sets -- markers and fingerpaints that only work on the special paper.

Archived