2 questions: Fridge and duty free alcohol

pelletib

I believe the Spirit class ships have fridges in all cabins (may be wrong, but I think i remember reading that) and no, you cannot purchase alcohol from the shop to bring to your cabin, they will hold it until the last night. Many people find "creative" ways to bring it onboard though :D

The Spirit balcony cabins do have fridges. You may not consume any alcohol bottles bought on board until the last night when they will be delivered to your room. You will need to smuggle booze on board in order to have a drink in your room any other night without having to purchase from the bar.

Egads....smuggle?? ;) My DH has benign essential tremors and believe it or not was told by his neurologist to have a gin and tonic upon awakening. Now I didn't figure that a bar would be open at 5AM (early riser) nor would Carnival believe it was for "medicinal purposes" which it truly is. Since when we went, it was okay to bring a bottle or two of private label wine aboard for special occasions (which we did share with tablemates on formal nights). I decided to push it one step further and bring aboard a box of "wine" in our checked bags. I took an empty box, washed out the bladder of all wine residue and refilled it with gin. Took a new box that still had the spigot opening intact, gently opened up the bottom, slipped in the bladder of gin and hot glued the box shut. Carried a few bottles of tonic water in a carryon and voila'...looked like a box of wine to the steward. :)

Mohavemommy, you will LOVE the Radiance. Hope you booked a balcony. Awesome ship, awesome itinerary and make sure you book your excursions in advance. The website is quite thorough. We had perfect weather. our friends who were rookie cruisers had a ball. Turned them into cruisaholics!

Archived