Different Veranda Rooms on Solstice

daisy7113

Newbie here with a question about the Veranda cabins. I see there are a couple different categores. Wondering is someone can please describe each one? I see the AquaClass has something to do with the spa. What are the Conceirge rooms? And then they have the Ocean View rooms w/veranda. I am assuming they all have to do with perks??

Also, I see most of the entainment levels are on the lower decks and the cabins on the higher decks. This is much different that the Royal ships we have been on where the cabins start low and the food/entertainment/pools are higher.

I'll take a stab though I am not an expert on Solstice (though I am starting to get schooled up, as we'll be on her in November).

Many cabins are identical, sizewise. The different categories are mostly based on location.

Aqua Class are associated with the spa -- they have a relaxation room available, I think they can use the Persian Gardens, and also have priority access to Blu, the Aqua Class restaurant. Inside the cabins, I read this morning that they will be outfitted with five-head showers, so you can get a all over body shower with the side jets, I imagine. I think they are also being marketed as for 2 adults only, so less kids in the hallway. Other than that I think they are identical to the layout of other balcony/veranda cabins.

Regular balconies/verandahs are standard cabins. Concierge Class is a little bit of a bridge to a suite -- you get some other small amenities plus options in the room. Sizewise, once again they are the same size.

On the M class ships the desirable cabins (for us) were the aft cabins -- always deeper balconies plus some larger layouts. On Solstice Class they have replaced this with the Sunset Veranda category, which means it has an aft view. No idea yet if the balconies are bigger like the M class, we'll find out in November when she sets sail.

Also on M class cabins there were 16 special cabins (Sweet 16) towards the stern that also had larger balconies. Unsure if this design is carried over to the Solstice.

Lastly there is some speculation about the new "hump" in the middle of the ship and whether the cabins there will have some additional space due to the ship layout. Once again, we won't know for sure until the ship sets sail.

Good luck choosing! We have an SV and a CS booked so we will be reading the boards avidly once November 23rd comes around to see what the cabins look like live.

I'll take a stab though I am not an expert on Solstice (though I am starting to get schooled up, as we'll be on her in November).

Many cabins are identical, sizewise. The different categories are mostly based on location.

Aqua Class are associated with the spa -- they have a relaxation room available, I think they can use the Persian Gardens, and also have priority access to Blu, the Aqua Class restaurant. Inside the cabins, I read this morning that they will be outfitted with five-head showers, so you can get a all over body shower with the side jets, I imagine. I think they are also being marketed as for 2 adults only, so less kids in the hallway. Other than that I think they are identical to the layout of other balcony/veranda cabins.

Regular balconies/verandahs are standard cabins. Concierge Class is a little bit of a bridge to a suite -- you get some other small amenities plus options in the room. Sizewise, once again they are the same size.

On the M class ships the desirable cabins (for us) were the aft cabins -- always deeper balconies plus some larger layouts. On Solstice Class they have replaced this with the Sunset Veranda category, which means it has an aft view. No idea yet if the balconies are bigger like the M class, we'll find out in November when she sets sail.

Also on M class cabins there were 16 special cabins (Sweet 16) towards the stern that also had larger balconies. Unsure if this design is carried over to the Solstice.

Lastly there is some speculation about the new "hump" in the middle of the ship and whether the cabins there will have some additional space due to the ship layout. Once again, we won't know for sure until the ship sets sail.

Good luck choosing! We have an SV and a CS booked so we will be reading the boards avidly once November 23rd comes around to see what the cabins look like live.

Awww, thank you so much for the in-depth answer. We are looking at the November 30 sailing and if we so choose to book, I think we need to do it quickly so I am trying to find out all I can. This would be our first sailing with Celebrity.

One particular note I'd like to add is why we changed cabins on Solstice.

We were originally booked in Cabin #7352. If you look at the deck angle of that cabin, and considering it's near the large sheet metal structure in the rear, we feel it might be a spot that would catch a lot of wind (you'd have to see the ship diagram to see what I am on about here).

So we changed to cabin #7302, stbd side. We did this so that when we sail through the straits of Messina, we'll get excellent views of the Italian side (Beaches). I remember going through those straits many times in my navy days. The Sicilian side seems further out on the port side. BRING BINOCULARS, those are a must.

One particular note I'd like to add is why we changed cabins on Solstice.

We were originally booked in Cabin #7352. If you look at the deck angle of that cabin, and considering it's near the large sheet metal structure in the rear, we feel it might be a spot that would catch a lot of wind (you'd have to see the ship diagram to see what I am on about here)

Do you think there will be issues with 6302 - looks like it will have a huge balc but do you think the steel structure will cover the balc???

Archived