Sapphire - balcony or mini-suite?

cuterlmt

Hubby and I cruised last December on the Star Princess and are planning on the Sapphire this December to Mexico. We had a balcony on Caribe Deck. Awesome!! It was huge, and wonderful! I think I spent more time on the balcony than I did in the room. So we know we want a balcony, but we are thinking about a mini-suite. We don't want to give up anything on the balcony size. What I see as the benefits of the mini-suite is the size of the bathroom, i.e. it has a tub. And it has a little sitting area. Is it worth a couple hundred or so more per person?

And tell me about the differences between the Sapphire and the Star, if you can.

Thanks a lot!

Hubby and I cruised last December on the Star Princess and are planning on the Sapphire this December to Mexico. We had a balcony on Caribe Deck. Awesome!! It was huge, and wonderful! I think I spent more time on the balcony than I did in the room. So we know we want a balcony, but we are thinking about a mini-suite. We don't want to give up anything on the balcony size. What I see as the benefits of the mini-suite is the size of the bathroom, i.e. it has a tub. And it has a little sitting area. Is it worth a couple hundred or so more per person?

And tell me about the differences between the Sapphire and the Star, if you can.

Thanks a lot!

Caribe balconies are actually 1 foot or so bigger then mini balconies.

If it is only a couple of hundred then go for it but since you experienced the Caribe balcony before I don't think you can go wrong with another one. :)

I believe the mini suites are on the Dolphin deck. You will have lots of room with everyone looking down on you.

Aloha has all the privacy, but pick your spot away from the deck chairs above you can hear the being moved early in the am.

Hey your on a cruise that great

CHEERS

Mini Suites have a bit more room than just a little sitting area. They are quite spacious in comparison to a balcony stateroom. And with the full sized tub in the bathroom, the bathroom is much larger, the tub/shower combination is also a lot better than the small shower stall that a balcony stateroom provides.

It just all depends on if you want a bedroom, or a nice sized stateroom that is more like a home away from home. ;) IMHO of coarse!

I'd go for the mini-suite and the space. While the balcony is smaller than a Caribe deck balcony, it still has room for two high-back chairs, two chairs and a table -- same as Caribe deck -- only not as much space between them. To me, that's worth the separate couch/table/TV/larger bathroom, etc.

Archived