laundry on the Journey

mickey

Has anyone used the self service laundry on board? If so, how much does it cost and do you need your own detergent? Also, do they have a laundry and pressing service and do they offer packages for the length of the cruise? This will be our first Azamara cruise and I can't find the answers on their web site.

The self service laundry has something like 5 each washers and dryers.

Washers were something like 6 quarters. So were dryers, though others have written that the dryers worked without putting quarters in.

The washers have soap dispensers--just make sure they aren't empty before using them.

Yes, they have washing and pressing service, but can't comment because we didn't use them.

I never took anything that needed to be pressed---

Here's a link to info on Azamara's website: http://www.azamaracruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000J5wolzyipwNjfWzMaZo16NK:12odmems6?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Also, there are a few threads on this forum with discussions on laundry... you can find them by either scrolling through the threads, or by using the "search this forum" function at the top of the forum page, under the page numbers.

Althought the dryers did have coin slots, they worked without inserting any coins. This was told to me by someone in the laundry room, and I passed it on to the next person who came in. Perhaps the dryers will be "fixed" by the time of your cruise.

The laundry room is just about opposite cabin 7076, if I remember correctly. (Seems to be the same for most R-ships.) The Quest's laundry room has 4 washers, 4 dryers, 3 chairs, 2 ironing boards (with irons) and 1 wall-mounted TV. See attached picture.

808310430_QuestLaundry-s.jpg.47ec8b19fdcbe71dab84e573135e79c7.jpg

Too funny to see the picture.

Just returned from the Journey. Washer and dryer each took 8 US quarters to operate. Washer took 30 minutes, dryer 45 minutes. Dryers worked really well and there is a button on the washer to add the detergent (no extra fee).

Very busy on sea days and always seemed to be in use. People also tend to sit in there watching the TV while they wait for their clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in how noisy the laundry was - I have a hold on 7086 on Quest later in the year - which is just down the corridor from the laundry (expect it is about the same as on Journey as the website says it is "midships"). Was there much disturbance from the laundry either in terms of noise or the comings and goings of lots of people (though the cabin is down a little from the lift). If so, there are a few alternative cabins I can look at. Any help appreciated.

JJ

The one self service laundry room on the Journey is located just forward of the aft elevators, port side across from (approx) cabin 7080. There are 4 washers and 4 dryers (only three worked as of May 31, 08) and two ironing boards with irons. The washers and dryers are each $2 in quarters per load.

I, too, am most interest in the noise level as I have 7078 on the Journey. Can anyone help with this question? Thanks...

Gail

re:Azamara Journey

I happened to be in the laundry room (just minding my own) when a woman came storming in who was staying in the cabin directly in front of the laundry room. She was irate, she told everyone to basically shut up, said that all the noise from everyone talking 24/7 was like a "social hour" and that it was disturbing her peace..she then took the door stand off and slammed the door shut.

I did notice that the laundry room gets quite stuffy/hot from the dryers and hot ironing with very little ventilation so many of the guest will leave the door open for fresh air in result disturbing other guests.

re:Azamara Journey

I happened to be in the laundry room (just minding my own) when a woman came storming in who was staying in the cabin directly in front of the laundry room. She was irate, she told everyone to basically shut up, said that all the noise from everyone talking 24/7 was like a "social hour" and that it was disturbing her peace..she then took the door stand off and slammed the door shut.

I did notice that the laundry room gets quite stuffy/hot from the dryers and hot ironing with very little ventilation so many of the guest will leave the door open for fresh air in result disturbing other guests.

:eek: Must remember to pack the earplugs! Thanks for the *heads up*.

Gail

Archived