Should I roll the dice?

I am currently booked for the June 22nd sailing of Mariner. I currently have an oceanview state room (cat H). Right now, the RCCL web site shows that a balcony stateroom guarantee (cat X) is available for $50 per person LESS than what I paid for my cat H stateroom. Should I take a chance and switch, not knowing exactly what balcony stateroom I would actually get? My TA says there is a possibility that I could end up with an obstructed view. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For $50 less...HECK YES!!! I don't think there are any balcony cabins on Mariner that are soooo totally obstructed you wouldn't enjoy the view....not to mention the fresh air & having your own place to watch the ocean go by...better book it quick!!!

I think you did a smart thing to book a balcony and get $100 . I personally don't use the balcony, it's to windy when we're moving and if we're not moving I'm in port. I have taken a balcony the last 3 times because the price is cheaper then an OV with my D+ discount and i like the upper deck location. I guess something is wrong with me for preferring a balcony ;)

Looks like a good one to me.

Thanks again, everyone.

Are you serious?

While it is the front of the ship it is a D3 nevertheless. Its bigger than a regular balcony.

Awesome deal. You went from some 160 sqft with a window to some 204 sqft with a balcony.

Well done.

BCA,

We will be on the same sailing as you--also in a balcony. It is worth every penny IMO. Come join our roll call!

Our friends booked a balcony guarantee several months ago and since then, the price has dropped so they have been credited back $500 and ended up with a cat E2. They are very happy.

Archived