JS vs D1 problem solved!

I posted last week about upgrading to a JS from a D1. I was paying for my parents to join us on the cruise - was getting them a D1 as well. I told them this weekend that the cruise was my treat - they freaked - wouldn't hear of it. Sooooooo - sneaky me - I upgraded them to the JS as a surprise. The cost of the upgrade is less than the D1 room. This way they will have a nice big room that i sneak into and enjoy - and while I am leaving the room I will "forget my dd"! She can crash with them while my new husband and I enjoy a D1 to ourselves. This will leave me with extra cash so I can buy a wedding ring in St Thomas.

Thanks for all the input!

Kathy

Aren't you a wonderful daughter taking mom and dad, then upgrading them. They will love the junior suite; have fun, and enjoy. you can check ring prices on the ship. They normally sell rings from the port you are visiting. One word of caution. Try and buy a ring from a company that has offices in the United States. That way if you need to send it for repairs, adjustments, etc you can send it to the office in the states.

Cheers

Wow!! What a perfect plan!!! Can't wait to hear about the fun "honeymoon"!! I think it is great that your parents are going along! I actually have a very good friend who lives in St Thomas right now who i keep in touch with....he did his surgery residency here in Ohio and went back to St Thomas to practice....i can ask him where is a good place to get a ring there...or st marten...he takes call there too....

I just "upgraded" my engagement ring to a 3 stone for our 10th wedding anniversary on the AOS. After resereaching the ships jewelry store (they were willing to haggle), Aruba and Curacao, I followed a fellow TA"s advice and shopped at Kay's Jeweler's in St Maarten. Their selection and quality was much better than the larger chains, Archie the owner bought my engagement ring for more than I paid for it and I got a much bigger and better ring than I thought we could afford.

There is also a jewler across the street that I cannot recall the name (It's a repeater like Bebe Bebe) that I heard other fellow pax also compliment.

I just "upgraded" my engagement ring to a 3 stone for our 10th wedding anniversary on the AOS. After resereaching the ships jewelry store (they were willing to haggle), Aruba and Curacao, I followed a fellow TA"s advice and shopped at Kay's Jeweler's in St Maarten. Their selection and quality was much better than the larger chains, Archie the owner bought my engagement ring for more than I paid for it and I got a much bigger and better ring than I thought we could afford.

There is also a jewler across the street that I cannot recall the name (It's a repeater like Bebe Bebe) that I heard other fellow pax also compliment.

Yeah, my engagement ring came from a gum ball machine! I didn't want one - so not a big deal. We are just looking for a wedding band in the islands. During the ceremony - eek - next month! - I am going to use my moms.

Kathy

Archived