Just back from Infinity Hawaii 2004 GREAT TRIP

tbelian

Hi all,

Just returned from our Hawaii 2004 cruise on board Celebrity Infinity (after extended post cruise in Honolulu).

The trip was excellent ('excellent' being the on-board buzz word, as in , how are you today? .... 'X' CELLENT!).

No ship mechanical problems at all.

Social hostess Jennifer was one of the best social hostesses we had ever encountered. She really was on top of things.

Mom-in-law kept a daily journal, so , once that is finalized, maybe we'll put up some of that info.

My only real 'issues' were a.) Embarking at Ballantyne pier was a lousy experience.... I think it was a new location for cruise ships, and they just weren't prepared, or had a system in place. It didn't take that long, but was confusing as to where we should go to check in, and etc. b.) At our final stop in Honolulu, disembarkation was about 1 hour behind schedule (no reason why). Since we had scheduled a car to be waiting, this caused some difficulty.

Photos can be found here, but there are LOTS of them, so , take that into consideration before clicking the link also, just got them uploaded, and some need to be rotated so they can be properly viewed. Work in progress.

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPAlbumPict?com=us&awp=guestalbum.html&album_id=4376378&username=tbelian&password=40305853&hotmflag2004=hotm&RefreshRandom=0.10316001450471468

Great photos. Hope you will have time to put captions on them. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. As nice as Canada Place is it looks like Vancouver would spend the money to make Ballantyne pier a lot more customer friendly. Especially if the cruise ships are going to continue to embark/debark there.

We did the Infinity cruise to AK (last one of the year) 9/19 and after returning it went on to Hawaii. We sooooo wished we would have booked to continue. I agree that Ballantyne stinks. When we boarded it was the first time Infinity had been there, and it was sort of a mess. We had port people direct us 3 different places to get our boarding papers completed - once we made it to the Infinity "tent" everything was fine, and since we were the first group of passengers to board we hoped it would get better for others. But that dock is horrid! I would suggest no more docking there until improvements are made. Now we are thinking of the Galapagos.

I was one of your fellow cruisemates on this sailing of the Infinity. I thought this sailing was wonderful and weather was even better than I expected. I thought I would wear a few of my long sleeve cotton sweaters, but it was too warm for them.

The specialty restaurant was spectacular. The goat cheese souffle was to die for. The late seating in the dining room was excellent and my fellow cruise critics were our tablemates.

Your pictures are great, I have a few of my own (200) lol I will publish a few of them in due time of the great sites from the Island and the boat. We did the "Movie Tour" and the helicopter ride in Kauai. Fabulous!!!!

Would love to do this cruise over and over again!!!!

Cruiser---

If you did the movie tour, you were probably on the bus with us! It was an interesting tour. Took pictures on the very spot 'The Minnow' (Gilligan's Island) was marooned... Wan't the 'Cocoa Palms' hotel a sad sight?

Some of the photos were from our cruise critic gathering at Michael's Club (I think pictures 16-19).

Archived