A room for 1 adult and 2 kids?

oavcech95

Hi, my family have the big question, because of some changes. We have now 2 rooms for two persons each one, but because some changes one adult is not going so what I do, I cancel only one person, and they don´t pay me anything, or to cancel a room and they give me of 1 person. Please opinions about the room with 3 persons, thanks for advice.

Let me see if I understand this...

So you had 4 people, 2 in each cabin.

Then one cancelled. So now you are asking if you should keep 1 in that cabin or move the person to your cabin?

You can't keep one person in the cabin because the price of one person in a cabin is more. You can move that person over to your cabin and they would get the 3rd person rate.

Ditto what cruisinmama06 said. If you keep the two rooms, you'll be paying full rates (1st and 2nd passengers) for the room with 2 occupants, and a premium for the room with the single occupant (1st passenger rate + single supplement, possibly even almost as much as you are apying for the room with 2 occupants).

However, if you consolidate all three passengers to the one room, you'll only need to add to the fare a passenger at a 3rd passenger rate, which is always less than the 1st and 2nd passenger rates. Depending on the sailing, the 3rd passenger rate is sometimes almost 1/2 the 1st and 2nd passenger rates.:)

You'll be far better off economically if you put three in one cabin.

Additionally, I think many cruise lines have a policy that (at least technically) requires an adult in each cabin. So, if you only have one adult, you may not be able to keep the two cabins anyway.

Well yes it will be more economics to be in a cabin of 3 persons but are you sure that I can do it like that with one person in one cabin and two other in other cabin, I will ask my TA if she can do something.:o But my question is how confortable is to be 1 adult two kids in a cabin with veranda?

Well yes it will be more economics to be in a cabin of 3 persons but are you sure that I can do it like that with one person in one cabin and two other in other cabin, I will ask my TA if she can do something.:o But my question is how confortable is to be 1 adult two kids in a cabin with veranda?

You MUST have at least one adult in each cabin. You say that you are cruising now with two children and only one adult. That means you have no choice but to have both children in the one cabin with you. You will need to cancel the other cabin. I don't know anything about the size of rooms on Celebrity; ask your TA. I am sure you will be fine with two children and one adult.

We've had 4 in a cabin and were fine so you should be comfortable with 3. You'll be so busy around the ship that you won't spend too much time in your cabin anyway. If the children you are travelling with go to bed early you can enjoy some time out on the balcony.

You MUST have at least one adult in each cabin. You say that you are cruising now with two children and only one adult. That means you have no choice but to have both children in the one cabin with you. You will need to cancel the other cabin. I don't know anything about the size of rooms on Celebrity; ask your TA. I am sure you will be fine with two children and one adult.

Well I think that´s my only option at least I´m staying the one with balcony.

We've had 4 in a cabin and were fine so you should be comfortable with 3. You'll be so busy around the ship that you won't spend too much time in your cabin anyway. If the children you are travelling with go to bed early you can enjoy some time out on the balcony.

I´m glad that you tell me that, I can see that you cruise the Zenith so it´s the same room, so if you were fine with 4 I think that with 3 will be great.:)

A cabin that sleeps three will have two twin beds plus one more twin bed that folds down from the wall. They'll fold the third bed up for you during the day, and just pull it down for you at night, unless you ask otherwise. With kids who are OK with a bunk bed situation, it's not bad at all. If one of the kids needs a crib, they'd bring a crib for you instead of the pull-down bed but you'll need to let the cruise line know that you'll want a crib.

A cabin that sleeps three will have two twin beds plus one more twin bed that folds down from the wall. They'll fold the third bed up for you during the day, and just pull it down for you at night, unless you ask otherwise. With kids who are OK with a bunk bed situation, it's not bad at all. If one of the kids needs a crib, they'd bring a crib for you instead of the pull-down bed but you'll need to let the cruise line know that you'll want a crib.

Oh yes I see and it have in the map a square so it´s mean it have an extra bed.

Oh, no, I only have two cabins of 1 adult and 1 kid in each one, but now an adult can´t go so I only can have one. I choose the one of veranda, so now I´m asking if there is any recomendation for a tree room 170 sq ft. room.

I think the first two beds in every room are single that can be pushed together to make a single bed somewhere between a queen and king. For you with two kids, you'd probably want to leave them separate. Especially since the third bed is probably a pullman, which is like a bunk bed that comes down out of the ceiling. They'll have a ladder to get in and out. Your kids are old enough to sleep in the top bunk without fears (assuming no special circumstances). In fact, they may find it fun and fight over the opportunity. :) The room steward will pull the bed out every evening and put it away every morning.

I don't think it makes a difference. I think 8 or 13 could sleep in a top bunk...as long as no one's afraid of heights or anything. You can do whatever works for you and your family. And if the first night doesn't work, you can change it tomorrow. It doesn't make any difference to the room steward who sleeps where.

Archived