Hilton and Marriott beachs?

39august

I just saw Actief's beach ratings and they rate both these beaches 6 stars, as opposed to 5 for both Kontiki and Porto Mari. How close are these to the cruise dock,please? Anyone have input as to the use of either of these beaches?

• 1 month later...
I just saw Actief's beach ratings and they rate both these beaches 6 stars, as opposed to 5 for both Kontiki and Porto Mari. How close are these to the cruise dock,please? Anyone have input as to the use of either of these beaches?

We where at the Hilton for our semi-sub tour. I do have pictures of the beach area. I don't think there could be more than one Hilton on the island but as you can see the beach is quite small.

ry%3D320

People on our cruise had positive comments about Kontiki.

Curacao was one of our favorite stops and we would definitely like to take a land vacation to Curacao.

I typically go on cruises (10 and counting) but I have been to Curacao for one week, and I'm headed there again at the end of this month for a land vacation (to the Marriott).

The Marriott and Hilton are side by side. The Marriot beach is very nice, but a bit rocky when entering the water in some spots... which is why the snorkeling is good there. It's about a 12 minutes taxi ride from the pier - should be around $15 or so. Not sure how they are about cruise passengers using the chairs, etc., but I would pick the Marriot over porto marie ... if you are into snorkeling.

If you want a bit more fun atmosphere, I would go to Jan Thiel Beach (on southern end of island) .. there is a $3 entrance fee (this could have gone up since the last time we were there in 06), but you can use the lounge chairs, and umbrellas, and there is a nice restaurant too (and lots of washrooms). It is very family-oriented. A word of caution .. there are a lot of south american families, so if you are bothered by topless sunbathing, then this is not the place to go. Snorkeling is great here!

Enjoy your time there!

Here's a link ... someone else said it was about $40 return. that seems like a good deal because it's not that close (maybe 20 minutes each way). Taxis are very expensive in curacao, especially if you are going from Punda to Otrabanda ... as soon as you go over the bridge it adds at least $10 to your fare. the picture in the link makes it look small, but it's a very large area. I will ask when i get there on the 31st and post a review upon return.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510037

Archived