Fuel Surcharge Increased Again

fllady61

Effective for all new bookings on June 12, 2008, the fuel supplement will increase from $7 to $9 per guest, per day (based on double occupancy); and from $2 to $4 per guest per day for third/fourth/fifth guests.

The fuel supplement was necessitated by significant rises in fuel prices which have dramatically increased Carnival's operating costs.

Unfortunately, we could not continue to shoulder this huge cost burden and it was necessary to implement a supplement to partially offset a portion of soaring fuel costs.

Implementing this fuel supplement was a difficult decision and we hope that our guests will understand that this is a necessary step in today's challenging economic environment.

this is off of Carnivals site today.

I hope there are not 5 threads about this like there was last time the first day.

Maybe a host could make this thread a sticky so they dont have to merge a bunch of threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=787050

What happened to the "Can I wear a Ball Cap into the Dining room" thread from last night??? Did it get Zapped?

Fred

What happened to the "Can I wear a Ball Cap into the Dining room" thread from last night??? Did it get Zapped?

Fred

Yup. Looks like it followed the mosquitoes into the light on my back patio. Bzzzttt....

Maybe the world should join together and ban the purchase of gas for 72 hours.

Maybe they would get a clue when no station called for fuel and it started getting back logged. Maybe then they would lower the price.

Gas would come down to about half what it is now if the reserves were released.

Gas would come down to about half what it is now if the reserves were released.

Iv heard the reserves are such a small amount that it would be a drop in the bucket and hardly affect the price of gas :eek: Energy consumption was down 1% in March and 1.3% in April, the largest drop in something like 16 years I think they said. We need to keep on cutting back on what we use.

I think they also need to start drilling in Alaska and quit saving it. Perhaps this is the time to do it.

Iv heard the reserves are such a small amount that it would be a drop in the bucket and hardly affect the price of gas :eek: Energy consumption was down 1% in March and 1.3% in April, the largest drop in something like 16 years I think they said. We need to keep on cutting back on what we use.

I think they also need to start drilling in Alaska and quit saving it. Perhaps this is the time to do it.

If that were the case, then bush would not have gotten a smack on the face so to speak from that country that he asked for oil from. but the man said as long as you have 20 years of oil in reserves, no way.

Well, I guess this thread is now way off original topic, so...

I believe no area of the country should be considered "untouchable" in regards to drilling. Especially when we can help OURSELVES right here in and just off the coast of the US.

Viable alternatives should also be researched intensly. The key word here is "viable", not some half-ass approach like "corn for fuel". All that did was raise our food prices across the board!

Hey! Thanks for giving me a venue to rant this morning! I feel a little better now! :D

I would still cruise even if I was required to do rowing duty, lol.

Gas here is $1.30 a litre which basically = $5.20 a gallon. Yikes!

Holy crap, I didn't realize you Albertans were sharing the misery this time. :eek:

Well, I guess this thread is now way off original topic, so...

I believe no area of the country should be considered "untouchable" in regards to drilling. Especially when we can help OURSELVES right here in and just off the coast of the US.

Viable alternatives should also be researched intensly. The key word here is "viable", not some half-ass approach like "corn for fuel". All that did was raise our food prices across the board!

Hey! Thanks for giving me a venue to rant this morning! I feel a little better now! :D

If the rich and famous Bush family would even open up their own wells, gas would go down, and he would make a killing.

OBTW i like to rant some too, so don't feel bad.

I did have it confirmed that the increase only affects those booking after 6/12. I got mine booked under the 5$ pp no more thatn 70 per cabin, so I am getting off cheap.

Archived