Cruise After Repositioning?

I'm looking at booking the Carnival Miracle for 10-19-2009 for the 8 day Southern Caribbean route leaving from Fort Lauderdale. It seems that this cruise will be right after a 2 day repositioning voyage from New York that leaves on 10-15-09.

I've never done this before and am wondering if I should expect a big shift in personnel and/or a possible problem or advantage with how smoothly everything runs? I've had the most wonderful experiences on my prior 2 cruises with Carnival solo and this time I'll be bringing a family member with who has never cruised before, so I want them to have the same fantastic time I did.

Any thoughts on this from more seasoned cruisers? Neither of us are looking for perfection, just a little slice of heaven!

I'm looking at booking the Carnival Miracle for 10-19-2009 for the 8 day Southern Caribbean route leaving from Fort Lauderdale. It seems that this cruise will be right after a 2 day repositioning voyage from New York that leaves on 10-15-09.

I've never done this before and am wondering if I should expect a big shift in personnel and/or a possible problem or advantage with how smoothly everything runs? I've had the most wonderful experiences on my prior 2 cruises with Carnival solo and this time I'll be bringing a family member with who has never cruised before, so I want them to have the same fantastic time I did.

Any thoughts on this from more seasoned cruisers? Neither of us are looking for perfection, just a little slice of heaven!

I believe this cruise departs on 10/20/2008. We were looking at this as a possibility, but did not like the Monday to Tuesday itinerary. Not enough vacation days!

Thanks to those that have replied so far. I had checked for a roll call for this particular date hoping for some more info but nothing yet. The ports really look great so I'm really leaning towards this one, hope to see you on it cruzelf.

I've never experienced anything other than pure delight on any cruise, including Carnival. Repositioning, new ship, refit...whatever.....

Perhaps it's because I demand so little....??

All I ever want or ask for is a clean, comfortable balcony cabin...the luxury of sleeping until 1000AM if I want, a nice dinner, well prepared and served by a friendly wait-staff. A choice of "nibbles" if I get hungry during the day. Friendly and agreeable cruise-mates are a plus. Well behaved kids, efficient Purser's Desk and a seat at the Caribbean Stud table a coupla nights...all good.

I find that the cruise experience is what I make it.... You'll be fine.

Phew, just got done reading this whole review and it was a FANTASTIC link. Thanks so much KroozFoolz! I was on the Miracle for my first cruise and just loved every minute of it. Seems this family had no issues at with the service after the repositioning, which is great to hear. One of the posters mentioned a thread for "All Things Miracle" which I'll be hunting for too. No such thing as too much information ;) .

One of the posters mentioned a thread for "All Things Miracle" which I'll be hunting for too. No such thing as too much information ;) .

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631682&highlight=miracle

You might enjoy looking at these as well:

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalMiracleTour-1.html

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/1/11/Carnival_Miracle_Info.pdf

Archived