printing your edocs luggage tags ? Does NCL also mail you tags?

CaboCruise

I got my edocs today and they include a printable luggage tag page. Do I have to print and make these tags for all my bags, or will NCL also be mailing me some luggage tags later? I just need to know before I go through all the trouble of trying to print them out and laminating them, etc. Thanks for any info.

I got my edocs today and they include a printable luggage tag page. Do I have to print and make these tags for all my bags, or will NCL also be mailing me some luggage tags later? I just need to know before I go through all the trouble of trying to print them

out and laminating them, etc. Thanks for any info.

Yes, you'll get luggage tags in the mail. I leave on 07/20, and just received mine for the Spirit cruise

just print the page number for the ticket and your copy of the ticket. save the luggage tags for the "just in case". if you don't get them in the mail, you can go back and print these.

However, if you book a cruise less than a couple months out with an online travel agency you probably won't get mailed documents...just edocs and luggage tags you will need to print..or else wait until you get to the pier for the real ones you will have to fill out (I bring peel and stick address labels and then just add my cabin number), but that takes up valuable time so usually I just print the e-tags and cover them with clear tape to help keep them from being easily torn off.

you don't HAVE to...you can get tags from the porters at the docks. very easy to do, we did that in seattle in '06. in '07, out of new orleans, the ports have pockets stuffed full with luggage tags.

NCL has now gone to totally electronic documents. Print Out your tags, too. You could wait until the last minute to have them lamenated or to wrap them in clear packing tape but its a 50/50 guess if you will receive pre-lamenated tags.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I received my tags, etc... this week in the mail for a July 6 cruise. However, I have since upgraded my cabin and the tags are wrong. I called my TA (Expedia) to request new tags and they told me that NCL would not send me new ones, just to print them from their web site. I really like these tags (sticky, color coded, durable, etc...) I am going to contact NCL directly and try to get more. Since we are leaving from Barcelona, this would be one less thing I would have to worry about!

NCL has now gone to totally electronic documents. Print Out your tags, too. You could wait until the last minute to have them lamenated or to wrap them in clear packing tape but its a 50/50 guess if you will receive pre-lamenated tags.

I printed the tags (they printed in black and white for me) with my edocs but a week later a got a packet from NCL with the color coded sticker tags. I had laminated the paper ones alreasy so I just stuck the stickers on top. I figured the color might get the bags to me sooner.

I had to print the paper tags from Edocs as well.

I wasn't real happy about it. I was obviously concerned that they would tear off. I used tape to reinforce them, since I thought it would be silly to carry a stapler with me in my purse. That might have caused a slight delay in airport security.

I tipped the baggage handler very well and he assured me that my bags would make it to my cabin, which they did.

The only thing I received in the mail from NCL for this past cruise was a coupon book. Nothing else.

I must say that I prefer the sticky tags that are mailed from the cruise line.

I never received tags in the mail, at the last minute I found the print tags link online and printed up a bunch I covered them with clear postal tape to make them stronger and stapled them on each handle of our bag. I would print them up just in case if I were you.

I was thinking of calling NCL and asking them to mail them to me. Do you think this is possible?

Hasn't worked for us yet... I actually did call and ask for our last NCL cruise (on the Jewel). I was told I needed to print the tags at home or get them at the pier. Same thing on our Pride of America Cruise in 2006 - but that was understandable as our Pride of Aloha cruise had been cancelled about a month before and we booked this as a replacement, on the spot (it was FREE so can't complain there!). That time a porter at the pier just slapped the tags on for us right there after asking our cabin number. Hoping that for our next two NCL cruises, which are in Jan 09, we will actually get docs in the mail like for most other cruise lines we've sailed with!

Archived