Desperate Plea to 5/25-6/1 Star Cruisers!!

cookingchick

I knew there was a reason I hadn't deleted all my pictures from my sd card yet. I downloaded them to my puter, but all the pics remain on the card. If you will e-mail me (callsos at gmail dot com), perhaps I can make those pics available to you. Hey, I can burn all of them to a CD and you can save those that you want. We took over 500 pics on this trip, so you should be able to find some worthy of keeping. I'm real busy today with my high school class reunion, but I can certainly get back to you tomorrow.

Cruzman...you're the best! DH has sent you an e-mail so you should see that in your inbox shortly. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your genorosity in sharing your photos...MIL will be stoked!

If there's ever any way we can reciprocate in kind, we're just around the corner from you so let us know. In the meantime, enjoy your reunion. I think someone I work with is going to her reunion this weekend as well. Did you go to McGill?

Just wanted to let everyone know what has transpired with my pic situation.

1. Good News - MIL did not have the camera set up to copy her pictures to her memory card so the pictures were still on her camera.

2. Bad News - MIL did not have the camera set up to copy her pictures to her memory card...which means that she only got a handful of pictures before her camera memory filled up.

3. Best News - Cruzman, a fellow Alabamian and frequent contributor to these boards, was on the same cruise with MIL and has graciously offered up copies of all of the pictures that he took on the cruise (which apparently is quite a substantial number). He has burned a CD of the pics and is mailing it out to us so now MIL will have boatloads (no pun intended) of pictures to remember her special cruise.

My most heartfelt thanks goes out to Cruzman for his generosity and also much appreciation and warm regards to all of you who responded to my desperate plea...karma is a powerful thing and I sincerely hope that I may one day be able to return the favor in kind.

Hope all of your cruises are memorable ones...be sure to check your memory cards!

Glad you were able to save some pictures and get some others from the same cruise.

We all make mistakes. I use a DSLR (zero internal memory) and we went up to Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Went to a place that was brand new to us and took a couple of pictures before I realized that my camera was flashing "no card!" at me. I'd left EVERY card I own at home (8 or so), nothing in the camera, bag or grip. Felt just a wee bit stupid, did I.

Cheers,

Bruce

Just wanted to let everyone know what has transpired with my pic situation.

1. Good News - MIL did not have the camera set up to copy her pictures to her memory card so the pictures were still on her camera.

2. Bad News - MIL did not have the camera set up to copy her pictures to her memory card...which means that she only got a handful of pictures before her camera memory filled up.

3. Best News - Cruzman, a fellow Alabamian and frequent contributor to these boards, was on the same cruise with MIL and has graciously offered up copies of all of the pictures that he took on the cruise (which apparently is quite a substantial number). He has burned a CD of the pics and is mailing it out to us so now MIL will have boatloads (no pun intended) of pictures to remember her special cruise.

My most heartfelt thanks goes out to Cruzman for his generosity and also much appreciation and warm regards to all of you who responded to my desperate plea...karma is a powerful thing and I sincerely hope that I may one day be able to return the favor in kind.

Hope all of your cruises are memorable ones...be sure to check your memory cards!

How WONDERFUL for you. I guess next time, you will give the camera to your child to be in charge of the photo taking! Kids seem to know what to do all the time with electronics! I am so glad this worked out.

Another place that you can view cruise pictures and that is at

www.webshots.com

and all kinds of other pictures as well You can download them as screensavers.

I am so happy that it turned out so well for you and your MIL, at least now she will have pictures of things that maybe she thought about taking a picture of and just did not for some reason.

Cruzman you are the best.

Glad you were able to save some pictures and get some others from the same cruise.

We all make mistakes. I use a DSLR (zero internal memory) and we went up to Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Went to a place that was brand new to us and took a couple of pictures before I realized that my camera was flashing "no card!" at me. I'd left EVERY card I own at home (8 or so), nothing in the camera, bag or grip. Felt just a wee bit stupid, did I.

Cheers,

Bruce

Nice to know that this happens to others as well. I'm so not technical...I leave all of that to DH...who knows where I'd be without him!

COOKINGCHICK - Good luck with the pictures. I am sorry the got deleted. My three girls all have digital cameras and make fun out of me because I still use 35mm film. Well, I know that even the film can get ruined or exposed, but thankfully not accidentally deleted.

I am sure it will all work out for you. There are so many nice helpful people here.

COOKINGCHICK - Good luck with the pictures. I am sorry the got deleted. My three girls all have digital cameras and make fun out of me because I still use 35mm film. Well, I know that even the film can get ruined or exposed, but thankfully not accidentally deleted.

I am sure it will all work out for you. There are so many nice helpful people here.

Thanks, fathercop. Cruzman actually hand delivered a CD full of pictures to my DH's office yesterday so now we'll just go through and print them out and MIL will be all set!

I LOVE Cruzman!!!! :)

Archived