Onboard Credit Questions

luvtravel

We just booked one of the cruises that gives us $750 in obc. The online travel agent I spoke to didn't give me a very confident reply when I asked her if I can preorder, say champagne, to be in the cabin when we board for our first day. She didn't think so, thinks we have to be 'on board' when we start using it, but then can be used for gratuities, alcohol, soft drinks and excursions. Also because I read on the board that at least 1 customer didn't get the obc they apparently had coming.....who is actually giving these - Azamera? Should I question the cruise line or the online t.a. if any reference is missing. These obc's helped us decided to take this trip...and it wouldn't be very good if they never materialized. Our first trip on Azamera (lots of HAL, RCCL, Oceana and one on Renassiance)...so perhaps I'm just being too skeptical. OTOH, we are so looking forward to this cruise...wonderful itinerary and from the posts, can tell the people are very nice. Hope to get some info....thanks everyone.

We just booked one of the cruises that gives us $750 in obc. The online travel agent I spoke to didn't give me a very confident reply when I asked her if I can preorder, say champagne, to be in the cabin when we board for our first day. She didn't think so, thinks we have to be 'on board' when we start using it, but then can be used for gratuities, alcohol, soft drinks and excursions. Also because I read on the board that at least 1 customer didn't get the obc they apparently had coming.....who is actually giving these - Azamera? Should I question the cruise line or the online t.a. if any reference is missing. These obc's helped us decided to take this trip...and it wouldn't be very good if they never materialized. Our first trip on Azamera (lots of HAL, RCCL, Oceana and one on Renassiance)...so perhaps I'm just being too skeptical. OTOH, we are so looking forward to this cruise...wonderful itinerary and from the posts, can tell the people are very nice. Hope to get some info....thanks everyone.

Hi Luvtotravel !

I highly doubt you can spend your OBC before you board the ship. Anything you purchase Pre-Cruise would require payment on your Credit Card.

I'm not sure if the OBC will show on your confirmation, but you can ask your TA to put something in writing, and ask them for a Guest Copy of your Booked Confirmation Invoice. On Celebrity, they show the OB credits, but sometimes with special promotions, they may not appear on this document.

At any rate, you should be able to get something to confirm the OBC from your TA. Please let us know what happens. Good luck !

Azamara was giving the OBC when I booked. It didn't show up on the "Offer Confirmation Invoice" which was issued upon booking ...it took a couple of weeks for the OBC to be processed. When they emailed the "Booked Confirmation Invoice" to me, the OBC was shown in the list of "cruise charges" just below the Fuel Surcharge.

MY OBC appears on the invoice from my TA - right under the $$ breakdown of the cruise portion (I am using custom air with the line- that shows separately) and right below the booking date, it shows

Notes: $750 Onboard credit/stateroom

When we sailed Oceania, we had pre-paid gratuities (same TA) and it was stated on the invoice, and when we boarded, a card was delivered to the room stating the same!

I have already pre-booked one shore excursion and I charged it to my credit card, you cannot use the OBC until you are ON BOARD -- however, you can use it towards your gratuities, wine, drinks, spa, excursions booked once onboard, and any of the shops onboard.

You can check on the TV in your cabin the balance in your account every day to see how much you have left to spend. We got down to the last dollar on the last day. Our ship bill was $2.31!

How great is that!!!

Jancruz1

Thanks everyone for the great information about the obc. I'll be calling the online ta to ask her to put in writing. Will let you know how it turns out! Can hardly wait to take this cruise....and try Azamara for first time.

Archived