Bar Harbor Walking Tours

Janet524

I have never seen a walking tour of BH, but there is so much I don't know that I'm sure others will be able to tell you.

I did find this article http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60709-c4066/Bar-Harbor:Maine:A.Village.Walk.html

(BH is not very big and is easy to walk around in a short time.) Some of the are burnt in the fire of 1947 ... my FIL was a forestry student at our local University, so they were called in to help with the fire. My understanding is that we lost some beautiful old homes.

Enjoy your visit ... Jan

As Jan mentioned - the "town" of Bar Harbor isn't very big - you can easily stroll around the streets and visit the quaint shops on your own. Have fun and enjoy.

Bar Harbor is absolutely beautiful and we visit there each summer. I'm not familiar with any walking tour company, but will post here if I come across one for you.

Anyone know of a tour company in Bar Harbor that offers guided walking tours of the town?

I also like walking tours. Unfortunately, I've searched both the Bar Harbor visitor web site and the Bar Harbor Guide book without any success identifying an independent operator.

So I booked the cruise ship's walking tour for afternoon, and Acadia National Park Drive for morning. The two dovetail nicely.

The guide book does have a full page "Historic Walk" map. However, I prefer having a guide to splain things. :p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived