Photoshow Spirit Greek Isles - Alexandria to Istanbul

O2BatSea

Hi All,

I put together a photo slide show of the Seabourn Spirit 18 day cruise, starting May 13th from Alexandria, Egypt thru the Greek Isles, ending in Istanbul May 31st. It starts with the scenery and ends with people photos and the 'oh, so sad' shot of Seabourn leaving Istanbul without us onboard!!! Enjoy!

photoshow.com/members/SeabournGirl

Leslie

Thank you Leslie for the great PhotoShow!

I really enjoyed it. It is the first one I see made by somebody else but me, so for me it was special. You took some wonderful photos and you seem to have enjoyed yourself very much again! Will you be on the Legend transatlantic?

Nice you put the guest/crew photos (Kaj and Louis) at the end!

Hope to sail with you again!

Marja

Hi Marja,

Yes I will be on the crossing and also onboard the two weeks before that doing the Lisbon to Lisbon trip Oct 16th. 26 heavenly days on my favorite ship!! YEAH!!!! But do I really have to leave when it's over???

I look forward to seeing all the 'regulars' again on the TA, although Martita says she is not doing a theme party this year! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

There must be SOMETHING we can improvise onboard and do that doesn't involve shipping stuff early.

Glad you enjoyed the pics - hopefully more people will start doing them - I love to see places I haven't been yet but am considering booking. It makes the decison on where to cruise so much easier!

Leslie

Thanks for a wonderful slide show. I am convinced that our Seabourn Cruisers are better (Marcel, too) than the commercial photogs. It's fun to see everyone enjoying the terrific cruise. I liked seeing Kaj again, I met him on the Pride a few years ago.

Reminder to self: play lottery again!

Hi Jane,

Forget the lottery - I bought annual passes to our lottery last year (as I always forget to stop & buy tickets, so this way I am covered every week) and was going to split the winnings with a friend. No such luck. Now, I simply work to cruise. Work Hard, Play Hard.

Savings? What's that?

Inheritance? I'm spending my daughter's inheritance! HA!!

Actually, I figured out that a life insurance policy works just as good for them and I can spend everything else in the meantime... :D

I'm sorry I missed Marcel on my cruise, I haven't seen him since Pride many trips ago! And I am sooooo hoping that Nelson is the bartender in Oct/Nov on Pride!! Please, please if you are reading this Nelson, make your contract work for that time slot!! You make the cruise so special!

Leslie

Leslie,

Thanks so much. That was magic! Well done.

My favourite pic was the one of Spirit lined up with all the fishing boats on Patmos.

Can you tell me please at which stop was the marina lowered?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi Jane,

Forget the lottery - I bought annual passes to our lottery last year (as I always forget to stop & buy tickets, so this way I am covered every week) and was going to split the winnings with a friend. No such luck. Now, I simply work to cruise. Work Hard, Play Hard.

Savings? What's that?

Inheritance? I'm spending my daughter's inheritance! HA!!

Actually, I figured out that a life insurance policy works just as good for them and I can spend everything else in the meantime... :D

I'm sorry I missed Marcel on my cruise, I haven't seen him since Pride many trips ago! And I am sooooo hoping that Nelson is the bartender in Oct/Nov on Pride!! Please, please if you are reading this Nelson, make your contract work for that time slot!! You make the cruise so special!

Leslie

Hi Leslie, it's me again!

Some misunderstanding here: I asked if you were going to be on the "Legend" crossing, where we will be on! That's a pity.

About the above: Last Wednesday I decided to buy some shares (stock?) for our grandchildren and make money with them. Wishful thinking! The next day I lost € 1.000,- (That's nearly half a weeks cruise for one!). I wish I had booked the cruise instead!

Marja

Hi Steve,

We did the marina day in Mylos - the weather was gorgeous and the sea was flat, just like the entire cruise. We had all crossed our 'fingers and toers' as Capt G-A says, and were blessed with fabulous weather!

Marja - sorry I will miss you, as I'd love to see you again! But I will be on the Pride TA. Maybe next year - I haven't booked anything yet after canceling the maiden voyage on Odysey (175% single supplement is just TOO HIGH!) But I will be 16 days short of the 2 week free cruise, so you know I will just have to take another trip :D Maybe the French Riviera.

Leslie

Thanks Nancy,

Maybe SB will give me a 10% discount off my next cruise for walking you down memory lane and booking another cruise :)

And I do like your signature Leslie!

For some reason I think it is very YOU! Good girl, but don't take it to the extreme!;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was excited to see your slideshow, as we are going to be on the Spirit in late August. We are doing the Istanbul, Black Sea, and Agean Isle itinerary. This will be our first time with Seabourn, so we are very excited and looking forward to it very much.

Do you have any recommendations on what to see/do in Bodrum, Crete or Navplion?

I was excited to see your slideshow, as we are going to be on the Spirit in late August. We are doing the Istanbul, Black Sea, and Agean Isle itinerary. This will be our first time with Seabourn, so we are very excited and looking forward to it very much.

You will LOVE this cruise!!! Although I didn't do many of the excursions as I was traveling with a friend that wasn’t able to walk long distances or do steps easily, and most of the ruins and tours in many of the ports require a good bit of walking.

One of the passengers on our cruise had an International driver’s license, so 3 or 4 couples would rent a van and explore on our own. That way, we could see the same sights but at our own pace, and could also wander off the ‘tourist’ path and stop at tavernas & beaches (or for photos) along the way.

The tour desk is wonderful at describing each tour and port several days in advance at a lecture that is televised and repeated many times, or simply stop at the desk and they will help you choose what would be best for you. You will also meet many passengers that have been to the same ports before – feel free to ask questions and you will get the ‘insiders’ scoop.

In Bodrum, I would recommend seeing the Castle, either on a tour, or you can take the complimentary shuttle to town and see it on your own, then stroll through the charming town for the 15 minute walk back to the ship. You will be tempted to stop at many delightful beach front restaurants that are just soooo picturesque!

Crete is so beautiful – just strolling down the waterfront or going on the horse and buggy ride. The horses are beautifully taken care of and the owner obviously loves them. The Seabourn staff even took them apples, and the owner put on a bit of a show giving them to the horses and was rewarded with big wet kisses. I was told that we are the only cruise ship that calls on this port, so you get more of the feel of what a Greek port town would be like if you lived here. The butcher, the baker, the fish market, the grocer all have shops right on the square with only one or two ‘touristy’ shops. Very quaint and refreshing.

We docked right in town at Navplion (which is one of my favorites of the cruise!) You will want to stroll through town here, as the architecture along narrow backstreets with the bougainvillea in bloom was simply stunning. There is a town square a few blocks in with a big courtyard where everyone hangs out and is bordered by delightful shops and restaurants. The Palamidi Castle has breathtaking views and is quite impressive. Bourtzi, a Venetian Castle is built on an island at the port entrance.

A MUST is the Seabourn Experience in Ephesus! WONDERFUL!!

Have a wonderful trip! You will fall in love with Seabourn!

THANKS for your pictures and the "show"! We did our first cruise in 2006 on the Seabourn Spirit in the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast from Athens to Istanbul. Your pictures brought back lots of great memories. Was this PhotoShow website easy to use and set up? Did you look at several different options before picking PhotoShow? Appreciate any other details, insights or tips on how you put all of this together. Terry in Ohio

Do`nt worry. Help is at hand. We are on for 10th Seabourn cruise. Istanbul to Venice. This is a great cruise and our first visit to Black Sea plus many interesting stops along the way. Are you 7, 14, or 21. Days I mean. :)

Cruisir,

We have been to Navplion and Bodrum twice and Crete once. Navplion is one our favorite places in the world -- very few tourists and a lot of charm. The first thing we always do is run up the 1000plus or minus steps up to the Palmidi Castle( it is a great way to work off some of the wonderful Seabourn food and wine). The afterward some of the lovely shops seeling beautiful handcrafts, jewelry and antiques.The special Seabourn event is usually held in the early evening.Bodrum is like the St .Tropez of Turkey -- many beautiful yachts achored in the harbor. You can either visit the underwater sea museum located in the ruined Templars castle in the waterfront or hire a gullet for a day sailing in and out of the coves along the Turquiose Coast. And the restaurants there are terrific. In Crete hire a car and driver for the day and visit the Palace of Knossos. Go early because it can get crowded and hot ( and there is not much shade.)

Do`nt worry. Help is at hand. We are on for 10th Seabourn cruise. Istanbul to Venice. This is a great cruise and our first visit to Black Sea plus many interesting stops along the way. Are you 7, 14, or 21. Days I mean. :)

Thank you all for your input. I do not want to take away from the op's thread, so I will post a new thread for replies.

Again, O2BatSea, I enjoyed your slideshow so much and like others I would love to hear how you put it together on that site.

Cruiserus,

in Navplion, there is a little tourist train that drives you around the old town to see the sights. It has a good recorded narration. It leaves from the main square by the sea. It takes about an hour and it is fun. And don't miss the Palamidi fortress. If you took some of the tours and walked in Palamidi, you'll be happy to do your city sightseeing on the little train.

M

Terry, Linda & John,

Thank you for the compliments on the slideshow, but credit is due mainly to Marja, who has also posted great slideshows of her Seabourn cruises. I saw hers, was impressed and wanted to try doing one too. The website, photoshow.com, is very user friendly and it is easy to navigate. If I can do it, so can you!

I have always enjoyed other peoples slideshows, as it gives me a glimpse of what to expect on a cruise to an area. If I see something wonderful - I look forward to it. If it is something that doesn't appeal to me, that is money saved towards my next dream trip! So, please post your slideshows and trip photos!! Many of us love living vicariously between cruises!!!

Archived