If I Buy A Soda Card

dyanalee

I am a coke lover and I drink half and half. At home I always keep a regular coke and a diet coke on the counter. Then I fill up a glass with ice and half regular and half diet coke. When I was on the ship and went to get a coke with my soda card, I asked a server in the buffet if I could get half and half. I then explained to them how I mix the two. The server thought that was hilarious and said, "no problem." He came back with half and half. The next day when I came in the buffet, he came running over with a half and half. He said he had to try that himself, as he was a coke drinker but didn't like diet. Said he loved it and I had now started him on something new.

They go out of their way to please, it was amazing to me.

Seriously? I'm diabetic and a few sips of coke would do me in :eek:

It's funny because before I became a diabetic, I NEVER drank regular coke, it was always "diet coke" but then it was like I craved it or something, I don't know how else to explain it. I use to drink 4 but my doctor asked me if I couldn't cut it down to 2 which I did. My tests always come back fine. Coke is my only sweet thing that I consume, nothing else bothers me as i've never been a sweets eater.

They let you choose what you want. In fact, throughout my recent cruise, I got tons of Diet Cherry Cokes. They took Diet Coke and put cherry grenadine in it. They never gave me a hard time about it.

Sometimes when my DS asked for a shirley temple thay would want to charge him even with the card, sometimes they happily did it:D

OK, now I have another question about the soda card. Can it be used for anything other than soda?? I tend to drink alot of iced tea out by the pool.

I'm sailing on the Island Princess to the Panama Canal 2/22/09. Anyone else joining me??

Shellie

Ice tea is free in Horizen court - you will have to go get it though.

I heard it had gone up to $4.25 a day X number of days plus grat.

Yikes it was a lot on our 30day cruise:D

Oh well, must have been all those people pouring rum into it that made the price go up LOL. Still a deal when you drink as much of it as I do.

It's funny because before I became a diabetic, I NEVER drank regular coke, it was always "diet coke" but then it was like I craved it or something, I don't know how else to explain it. I use to drink 4 but my doctor asked me if I couldn't cut it down to 2 which I did. My tests always come back fine. Coke is my only sweet thing that I consume, nothing else bothers me as i've never been a sweets eater.

I had a piece of baklava that was almost the end of me on a Princess Cruise to Egypt :eek:

I am a coke lover and I drink half and half. At home I always keep a regular coke and a diet coke on the counter. Then I fill up a glass with ice and half regular and half diet coke. When I was on the ship and went to get a coke with my soda card, I asked a server in the buffet if I could get half and half. I then explained to them how I mix the two. The server thought that was hilarious and said, "no problem." He came back with half and half. The next day when I came in the buffet, he came running over with a half and half. He said he had to try that himself, as he was a coke drinker but didn't like diet. Said he loved it and I had now started him on something new.

They go out of their way to please, it was amazing to me.

Oh gosh - hope my DH doesn't hear about this. I got him off regular Coke about two years ago. I know he'd love a reason to go back to it.

Archived