If I Buy A Soda Card

dyanalee

You have to know someone to consider the source. In any case, I apologize.

D.

That was nice of you to apologize. I think the response you got was harsher than deserved, after all you did answer the question.

That was nice of you to apologize. I think the response you got was harsher than deserved, after all you did answer the question.

Yes he did apoligize, however, I asked a simple question and did not want a commentary on how "I have heard everything". Not ALL of us have ever used a soda card before. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to clarify that it's a sticker they put on your sign and sail card, not actually a separate card. I did have a separate card years ago on Carnival. Also, you can ask for a larger cup as well. Some bars don't have the big cups, but I found most of the ones out by the pools had them.

They let you choose what you want. In fact, throughout my recent cruise, I got tons of Diet Cherry Cokes. They took Diet Coke and put cherry grenadine in it. They never gave me a hard time about it.

Thank you for the info. As a Diabetic, I am allowed 2 cokes a day and then I have to switch to diet coke so I wanted to know if it would be worth the price of a soda card on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. :)

:D It also includes all the Shirley Temples you want. Check with my girls on that one! Why, I think they were even beginning to look like her!:D

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

LOL, now there ya go, when my husband orders his beer I can order a Shirley Temple!! :D

Okay... hypothetically speaking, if I have a soda card and I have my own travel cup and I have a bottle of my own rum back in my cabin… can I take my cup to wherever the soda’s are poured from… return to my room to add ice and rum, put a lid on it, and then take my cup with me on deck to enjoy the sights, sun, and reading? Hypothetically, of course! :D

Yes you could - hypothetically of course!!- everytime I have got the soda sticker on my card I have also been given an insulated 'beaker' with a lid on that you can drink through and the bar people happily fill it up as often as I require. on the last cruise it included Juice too.

During the day I only tend to drink soft drinks - hubby will have one before he starts on the beer - well it is 12 oclock somewhere!!! - I often use it later in the night if I have a spirit and mixer and there is not enough mixer - get a seperate soft drink too.

OK, now I have another question about the soda card. Can it be used for anything other than soda?? I tend to drink alot of iced tea out by the pool.

I'm sailing on the Island Princess to the Panama Canal 2/22/09. Anyone else joining me??

Shellie

OK, now I have another question about the soda card. Can it be used for anything other than soda?? I tend to drink alot of iced tea out by the pool.

I'm sailing on the Island Princess to the Panama Canal 2/22/09. Anyone else joining me??

Shellie

Iced tea is always free of charge.

quick note...not all the soda fountains taste the same!!! Princess has issues with the syrup setups on the Crown some are ok some are downright nasty. I found which places had the best soda those are the ones I would frequent the bar by the adult pool was good can't remember which other bar had good pop some were just downright unbalanced water to syrup ratio

quick note...not all the soda fountains taste the same!!! Princess has issues with the syrup setups on the Crown some are ok some are downright nasty. I found which places had the best soda those are the ones I would frequent the bar by the adult pool was good can't remember which other bar had good pop some were just downright unbalanced water to syrup ratio

I noticed this too. On the Caribbean Princess the Tradewinds bar had disgusting soda. It was incredibly watered down, and you slightly tasted a soda flavor. I went back twice throughout the cruise to see if they fixed it, but they didn't, so we stuck with the pool bars and Outriggers

I noticed this too. On the Caribbean Princess the Tradewinds bar had disgusting soda. It was incredibly watered down, and you slightly tasted a soda flavor. I went back twice throughout the cruise to see if they fixed it, but they didn't, so we stuck with the pool bars and Outriggers

Definitely noticed that at Tradewinds as well. It was REALLY bad, and I'll drink just about any form of diet coke!

Archived