Caribb. Princess - Yes Or No For Next Cruise

zelly2

:confused: Considering Caribbean Princess out of New York for Canada/New England cruise in Sept. 08 -- what is your advice.

Read some bad reviews on this ship. Need your help before we book this cruise. Thanks so much and have a wonderful time cruising.:cool:

:confused: Considering Caribbean Princess out of New York for Canada/New England cruise in Sept. 08 -- what is your advice.

Read some bad reviews on this ship. Need your help before we book this cruise. Thanks so much and have a wonderful time cruising.:cool:

I think it is an excellent choice/iteniary. :)

We thought the Caribbean Princess was just great. Of course we think every cruise is just great! :cool: Remember that reviews are subjective so what is a negative for one may be a positive for you.

We enjoyed our cruise on Caribbean Princess last month.:D

The only real drawback is the amount of crowding. It's a big ship, but not big enough for the amount of people they cram onto it.:(

Thanks so much. Next question for you great folks. Cheapest and best airport to fly into from Tennessee and then the cheapest and best way to get to and from airport to port. (Southwest flies to Long Island, NY - nonstop). Hotels for pre-cruise. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me.

We love the Caribbean Princess. DD Emily (17) and I were on her out of Fort Lauderdale last Aug 12-19 for 7 day Eastern Caribbean. We are booked on her again this Aug 15-25 9 day Eastern Caribbean out of NYC. The ship is great, and her crew and staff attentive to detail. Take all criticisms you read with the appropriate sized grain of salt! Yes, it's not perfect and like life there are occasional drawbacks. Before my first cruise I worried too - about smoking, crowding, etc. and turned out I need not have worried at all. While yes there are 3150 passengers or more, the ship's spaces are designed so well that I never felt crowded except for one formal night's long line at anytime dining - everyone went straight to dinner after the captain's welcome. Never had any problem with smoke on balcony or in the ship. Of course we tended to stay at the aft Terrace Pool which was quieter - I understand the main pools do get hectic. The ship is beautiful - I loved photographing around the ship. Our room attendant and all ship staff were very friendly and courteous. See photos at:

Bob Laubach

Manassas VA

Thanks so much. Next question for you great folks. Cheapest and best airport to fly into from Tennessee and then the cheapest and best way to get to and from airport to port. (Southwest flies to Long Island, NY - nonstop). Hotels for pre-cruise. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me.

Southwest through Islip-MacArthur (Long Island) Airport would probably be your least expensive air (it is for us who live on LI) however, the airport is about 60 miles from the Red Hook cruise terminal. In order to get to the airport I would recommend a car service. Unfortunately, that may be pricy and wipe out the savings on the air.

Living on LI, do NOT fly Southwest to Islip. That airport is at least an hour and a half from the Brooklyn pier on a good travel day and it will cost you a fortune for transportation.

I would recommend flying into either LaGuardia or JFK and definitely come in at least a day before. We are notorious for the airports getting backed up here if there is a drizzle. Don't take a chance flying in the day of the cruise.

Super Shuttle is available at both airports, but I also can recommend two car services if you fly into either of those.

I am doing this cruise in September, so I can tell you more when I get back.

I just got off the CB last week and she is a lovely ship! The only issue we had was service in the Palm Dining Rm (Anytime dining). Like a PP stated, we also stayed at the Terrace Pool or Lotus Pool as it is not as crazy as the other two midship. Plenty to do and the boat never really seemed crowed, except during lunch at the buffet on sea days and the Princess Theater.

I just got off the CB last week and she is a lovely ship! The only issue we had was service in the Palm Dining Rm (Anytime dining). Like a PP stated, we also stayed at the Terrace Pool or Lotus Pool as it is not as crazy as the other two midship. Plenty to do and the boat never really seemed crowed, except during lunch at the buffet on sea days and the Princess Theater.

Depending on when in September the OP is sailing, the pools may not be an issue.....

My wife and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess Canada/New England sailing Sept 14th 08. Second time on the Caribbean.....second time on this itinerary......excellent choice! Hopefully we will have better weather this time.

Yes,Yes, YES!! :D

DW and I have been on the Caribbean Princess in January and May of this year and will be again in September on the cruise to Canada/New England. We are considering another cruise on her next March out of San Juan. It is a very large ship with many places to go and things to do. So everyone is spread all over the ship. We NEVER felt it was crowded except at Horizon Court at times esp on embarkation day. Avoid eating there on embarkation day and go to the dining room open that day for lunch. Check the Princess Platter when you get onboard to see which one is open. Don't ask a crew member as they will tell you the dining rooms are not open and tell you to go the the Horizon Court.

Agree with others here. We just got off our first cruise on Princess on the Caribbean and loved it. I had some similar concerns after reading some other posts. It's a great ship with lots to do or places to get away if you like.

Enjoy!

DW and I have been on the Caribbean Princess in January and May of this year and will be again in September on the cruise to Canada/New England. We are considering another cruise on her next March out of San Juan. It is a very large ship with many places to go and things to do. So everyone is spread all over the ship. We NEVER felt it was crowded except at Horizon Court at times esp on embarkation day. Avoid eating there on embarkation day and go to the dining room open that day for lunch. Check the Princess Platter when you get onboard to see which one is open. Don't ask a crew member as they will tell you the dining rooms are not open and tell you to go the the Horizon Court.

Its Princess Patter, just to clear that up.

To the OP, I love the Caribbean Princess and have sailed her twice. I say book it, shes a beautiful ship.

There was just a thread devoted to the great things about the CB.

I would check out the trip planner sites as far as getting a good deal on a plane ticket, doesn't really matter which airline into which airport these days with the fuel costs. it will cost you way over $100 to get from the LI airport to red hook.

Ship is beautiful to say the least. Biggest issues were daily lack of enforcement of posted NO SMOKING and reserving of chairs signs and total failure of managemt to responed to serious problems both on the ship and afterward.

The Islip (Long Island) airport is way too far from the Brooklyn Terminal. LGA or JFK would be better. There is a Marriott near the pier or you could opt for any Manhattan hotel where a taxi ride would be about 1/2 hour trip.

Thanks so much for all your replies. We are seriously considering the CB for mid Sept. out of NY -- hopefully weather will be good. Which month is best for Canada/New England?

You folks are great and I truly appreciate your kindness.;)

Archived