How many cabins left on a cruise??

susycruise

Hello everyone,

Is there any way of finding out exactly how many cabins are left on a cruise? I've seen this question on the boards before but the search is not cooperating today:mad:

The reason I ask is our family cannot commit until a month before a cruise:eek:

THANKS !!

Hello everyone,

Is there any way of finding out exactly how many cabins are left on a cruise? I've seen this question on the boards before but the search is not cooperating today:mad:

THANKS !!

Only the cruise line itself knows how many cabins are left. The have total control of all inventory....and won't share that with you.

If asked, the res agent may say "looks good" or "plenty of balconies left" or some-such...but they won't tell you the number.

Hello everyone,

Is there any way of finding out exactly how many cabins are left on a cruise?

You can get a good idea if you are looking and the prices are low because they are trying to sell out the cruise. Law of supply and demand! If you are looking at a traditionally low cruise time you may get lucky--if not you will pay a premium if able to book at all due to the cruise being sold out! Just remember that if you don't book your airline in time if you can't drive to the port you may pay a higher price there. Wish I could take advantage of some of the last minute deals I have seen!

Hello everyone,

THANKS !!

Actual number probably only cruise company knows and they wouldn't want to divulge this to you, no different then airlines.

I know on some internet web sites you can attempt to find availability for various types of cabins and I'm sure your TA can play this game too. That combined with pricing and discount probably gives some clue.

As others have mentioned waiting till one month before probably is something you can manage if you live near the port, but giving flying these days if you are looking to book a cross country or intercontinental flight waiting till the last 4 weeks will gurantee you eye popping air fare.

Hello everyone,

THANKS !!

You can look at the wholesalers' websites and this will often tell you which cabins are still available. If you're going off-season, chances are, you'll get a cabin - they might even give you a guarantee so that way, you can either get what you pay for or better.

Laurie

Hello everyone, Is there any way of finding out exactly how many cabins are left on a cruise? I've seen this question on the boards before but the search is not cooperating today:mad:

That is company propriety information. Why would you think the cruise line will provide it. Then folks will wait for the fire sales.

The reason I ask is our family cannot commit until a month before a cruise:eek: THANKS !!

Depending when you want to go, if during a peak season, you may be out of luck or paying top dollar for the last cabins. If not during peak season, then you may get a great price. Problem is you flights (if not sailing from your home port) will be expensive.

Good luck

I'm currently looking for a cruise in August and on the Princess web site its showing cabins as n/a and waitlisted also the prices are not reduced on these cabins. Cabins available are reduced price but I watch to see how fast they sell out. Your TA will also be able to access this info.

Babs:)

You can look at the wholesalers' websites and this will often tell you which cabins are still available. If you're going off-season, chances are, you'll get a cabin - they might even give you a guarantee so that way, you can either get what you pay for or better.

I believe the reservation systems (Sabre, Galileo, Amadeus, Worldspan) normally limit the number of results returned from a query. You'll see this reflected on the web sites as a cap on the number of cabin selections you can choose from no matter how many are actually available. TA's can check if a specific cabin is available. So in theory you could write a script/macro that systemtically did that for a whole ship, if you had access to an Open Travel Alliance software developers account with one of the major CRS's.

But for normal folk, all you can do is take notice of which cabin cetegories are sold out as the cruise date gets closer to see if it's getting close to filling up.

Archived