Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one with a stack of Patters. In fact, I just used them last night while working on my layout on shipboard entertainment. I cut out the blocks advertising that night's show and used them like little posters for a "Broadway" effect. You can put little lights around them to carry that theme, or I made a little easel to put one on, like a real poster. I picked out ones of the shows and two comedians we liked the best.

There's lots of uses, like: the Princess logo on a metal rimmed tag; the "Welcome to ____" and date for a title; "Sapphire Princess Pool Olympics" for captions; "tonight's dress is formal" to show everyone dressed up. I used the King Neptune illustration for the crossing the equator ceremony, as well as the text asking for volunteers. The titles work great on tags; give you a color theme (tourquoise and blue); and help you later sort out what happenned where when. I'm sure all these can be applied to other cruise line newsletters.

That's why we try to grab more than the 2 we are given per room!

Two excellent websites with cruise/beach/tropical scrapbooking materials are:

http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/

http://www.tropicalscrapbooking.com/[/quote]

Great sites for stickers & ideas...........I use them both all the time. I buy way too much for my scrapbooks then try to convince dh we need to take another cruise so I can use up all my supplies.......LOL. I grab everything I can because you never know what you can use...

I know exactly what you mean paradisegal recently I went to a digital camera and I try really really hard to have an idea for my page crop and print the pictures to fit that idea and then bye the stuff. but it is sooooooo hard and I only do it for about 1/4 of my scrapbooking.

Hi,

I have been scrapbooking for about 5 years now. I am really looking forward to scrapbooking are upcoming cruise vacation. Just wondering if any fellow scrapbookers can give me suggestions on what to pick up on the cruise for my book. Of course i plan on taking and buying lots of pictures. I will get some post cards from the pursers desk. Any other suggestions?

How about good cruise stickets or other accessories.

Thanks,

wow great thread, glad I found it, ( hope I can find it again, lol) We're going on our first cruise in Oct, but I've been scrapbooking for almost 7 yrs on/off,, I just don't get as much time as I'd like to do it. but I can't wait to do a book after the cruise, I"ve already started picking things up, and writing/drawing ideas:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Im going on my first cruise (for our honeymoon) in Dec. 2005 - Im thinking of all the fun Im going to have scrapbooking this cruise!!! So MANY cute and unique cruise things regarding sb-ing.

My husband went crazy with his new camera, downloading over 6,000 photos of everything and nothing to his laptop over our 30-day cruise. Now it is taking me SO long to just look through the pictures to figure out which ones to print and then scrap. I started working on our book right away and still am not finished--5 months later. Mostly because of the time spent going through 500 sunset shots, 300 of the structure of the ship, etc. I would recommend that you delete the worthless or duplicate shots when downloading to save yourself this hassle later. Also try to sort them into folders by date or take a photo of the TV showing the morning's date at the beginning of a day. I have used many of those shots to help put a date and place on pages.And try to write names of people in your little journal on the date you took photos of them and the occasion.

Also, he took a bunch of scuba photos with a disposable camera and they are awful. I was told later that I will probably have to scan them all and work on photoshop on them. More time!

I have made many pocket pages to hold brochures and even some extra photos to avoid making more pages, since our book is so thick. About 6" now and cumbersome. I am also keeping a box of stuff that I have decopaged the outside with pictures from brochures, etc., to keep other stuff in that just can't be included in the book.

Just some suggestions...

thanks for the wonderful web-site tips. I live in Germany where scrapbooking is just beginning to become popular. I didn't see this mentioned:

I got an accordian folder / scrapbooking-organizer that I take on the cruise with me to organize day-by-day the broshures, postcards, newsletter or whatever else I might gather for scrapbooking. One section for each day is so I just have to add the pictures when I get home.

I scrapbooked my mother's last cruise for her. She had written journals for each day so I added the journal pages either folded or in small envelopes so she can enjoy reliving the trip even more.

happy scrapbooking!

You’ve all given me some great new ideas. I’ve been scrapbooking our cruises for years (one book per cruise) but am far behind in doing everything else.

Like most, I save everything I can get my hands on that can fit flat into a scrapbook -- including maps (of our itinerary and the ports -- with notes on the maps highlighting where we went); the ship’s deck plan; photos or postcards of the ship showing exactly where our cabin was; brochures -- either complete or photos cut out from them and descriptions. If I can get a full set of dining room menus I mark them to show what we ate -- color coded (blue highlight on an item for what DH ate, pink highlight for mine).

I keep a detailed journal (not neat, but I can translate it later), and do my scrapbooks chronologically, with a running commentary on exactly what we did each day. Not only do I get to relive the cruise when making the scrapbook, when we look back at it we can also relive the whole thing all over again. They’re detailed enough that I often use them for reference, to look up what/where/how/when if (as often happens) we can’t remember. I also like to go to our local scrapbooking store just after we return from the cruise and pick up anything I see that reminds me of the cruise, things that might not have occurred to me before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just learning scrapbooking, but had a great idea for my kids to keep their scrapbook memorabilia together during our 12 day cruise tour to Alaska. I got each (and myself) a 13 pocket expanda-file. They can drop in their things each day and add any notes, etc. When the get home, it will be all organized and ready to put together.

• 2 weeks later...

Kansaslady - I could not get into your scrap-addicts line - whatever was at the top of this thread, I have 12x12 stuff on Epson - but Im going to move stuff to Yahoo and then I will post on this thread - our next is April 2006 - New Zealand Australia.

Be back later.

I tried to get into yours and only one diplayed. I tried yahoo and never could get it to load my pages. I checked mine and it looks like they no longer just let you look. If Someone finds a way to post them let me know. Would love to be able to see each others.

I tried and it was very slow - so if you are on a phone line that was the problem. Im pulling them off a CD and lowering the resolution - but that will take me a day. resolution for net should be 72dpi - mine are currently at 150.

I've been scrapbooking a few years now but have mainly done them as gifts.

Last February a friend was joining my sister and I on a cruise. We had been before but she hadn't.

For her christmas (before the cruise) I made a cruise album for her so all she would have to do is add the pictures.

Customized front page with the name of the ship, sail date etc.

Then created pages for each port - put in the Port Name, appropriate paper (beach, tropical etc) and she could add her pages.

Also had a page with a Pool theme and some cocktail stickers on it for her "at sea" photos, etc.

Frances

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow scrapers,

I too would like to see a place on these boards that we could download our pages on that would be fun to see everyones pages. Who could we e-mail to ask for such a thing? I am not that terrific with the computer so it would have to come with some instructions!

• 3 weeks later...
I hope this Yahoo link works - so far I oncly have one album Panama Canal on Island Princess October 2003. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/calcteach1/my_photos

I realize that it says it was an inaugral panama canal passage, but it is possible to get a similar certificate that you passed through the canal? We are headed there in February and I know my BF would love one of those if they are offered for sale somewhere. Thanks for any info!

I buy all the photos the cruiseline take. I keep missing the night they take them with the capt. Which I hope to do on our one in Sept.

I think they are taken on one of the formal nights and alos the pirate ones. Still haven't caught those but hope to on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived