ROLL CALL - Legend November 21 Ft. Lauderdale to Caldera

• 4 months later...

Hi Lola, so happy for you. I'm on the same itinerary right after you; December 5, Caldera to Ft. Lauderdale. A friend of mine, Anita, and her husband Gary, will be on your cruise. It will be their first Seabourn adventure, they are great fans of SeaDream. I raved about Seabourn so much, they booked the trip! I'm looking forward to the Panama Canal, as I've never been through it before. Have a wonderful time, but please leave some creme brulees for me!

Jane

Ahoy, Seeborn cruiser--looking forward to meeting your group of 7. Should be lots of fun!

Hi Jane--I will definately save you some creme brulees, although they are my favorite as well. I will keep a look out for your friends Anita and Gary. What a wonderful first Seabourn cruise for them. We did the Canal on a Royal Caribbean ship about 7 years ago. It will be interesting to do it again on a small ship. I can hardly wait! I know you will have a great time, too!

Hi Lola Loves Cruising....

I am Jane's friend Anita. My husband and I are sailing on the Legend on the same dates as you. We are avid SeaDream cruisers and are giving Seabourn a shot this year. We are so excited about going through the Panama Canal. Jane has told us so much about Seabourn, we are excited to experience it for the first time. We can't wait! We just booked our shore excursions.

Look forward to meeting you and the 7 Brits onboard.

Anita (SeaGirl 51)

Hi Lola Loves Cruising....

I am Jane's friend Anita. My husband and I are sailing on the Legend on the same dates as you. We are avid SeaDream cruisers and are giving Seabourn a shot this year. We are so excited about going through the Panama Canal. Jane has told us so much about Seabourn, we are excited to experience it for the first time. We can't wait! We just booked our shore excursions.

Look forward to meeting you and the 7 Brits onboard.

Anita (SeaGirl 51)

Anita, we have sailed with Jane..and she is correct, you are really going to love SB. We were SeaGoddess people for many years and just loved it. I Think that Chrisophe has retired now, but we thought him to be wonderful. We were sketchy about a ship twice the size, but found that it made absolutely no difference. The only thing that you will miss is the location of the pool, which was a hub ..and the lovely double lounges. You will find the same very personal and friendly service and lucsious food. Prepare to have a wonderful time. Lola

Anita, we have sailed with Jane..and she is correct, you are really going to love SB. We were SeaGoddess people for many years and just loved it. I Think that Chrisophe has retired now, but we thought him to be wonderful.

Hi there. Sorry to butt in here but if you are referring to Christophe the longtime Sea Goddess/Seabourn Goddess/SeaDream Hotel Manager, he is definitely not retired....thank goodness!

All of you will love the cruise (we also had been on SeaDream and loved it). My wife and I did the same cruise two years ago for our honeymoon. I strongly suggest that you read "The Path Between the Seas" by David McCullough before you sail - you will appreciate the Canal transit even more. If there are any wine lovers among you, you should hope that the sommelier Madjic (and his assistant Monica) are still on board. They will enhance your experience, especially if you bring a couple of treasured bottles of your own for dining on board or purchase the wine upgrade packages (well worth it). Fortunately we will be on a second anniversary cruise on the Spirit from Alexandria to Dubai.

Bon voyage,

Steve

Hi there. Sorry to butt in here but if you are referring to Christophe the longtime Sea Goddess/Seabourn Goddess/SeaDream Hotel Manager, he is definitely not retired....thank goodness!

Yes, I am definitely speaking of Christophe..I knew that Jimmy had retired, and then heard the rumor that C had retired as well. He IS the best. Werner the wonderful waiter..who we enjoyed for years..I only assume has retired. He was so special.

Yes, I am definitely speaking of Christophe..I knew that Jimmy had retired, and then heard the rumor that C had retired as well. He IS the best. Werner the wonderful waiter..who we enjoyed for years..I only assume has retired. He was so special.

I think we sailed with Christophe on the Prinsendam a couple of years ago, where he was the Maitre D.

Maciej, the sommelier is currently on the Legend.

Marja

Werner the wonderful waiter..who we enjoyed for years..I only assume has retired. He was so special.

To my knowledge Werner is still an active member of SD2's wonderful crew. We were last on board in June, asked about him and were told that he was then on vacation. Hope to see him again next month.

I think we sailed with Christophe on the Prinsendam a couple of years ago, where he was the Maitre D.

I'm fairly confident that was not Christophe from SeaDream. He has been with Sea Goddess/Seabourn/SeaDream continuously since the 1990's.

I'm fairly confident that was not Christophe from SeaDream. He has been with Sea Goddess/Seabourn/SeaDream continuously since the 1990's.

That's why we were so surprised!

The Prinsendam is the former "Seabourn Sun". Maybe that was the reason, but I'm not 100% sure.

I won't argue...

Marja

That's why we were so surprised!

The Prinsendam is the former "Seabourn Sun". Maybe that was the reason, but I'm not 100% sure.

I won't argue...

Marja

The Seabourn Sun was before the Royal Viking Sun, a really great ship. It`s been considerably altered by Holland America to become the Prinsedam it now is.

Hi Anita,

Looking forward to meeting you as well. Just a little more than a month to go. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale a couple of nights early, having previously had close calls of missing a ship's sailing due to airline delays, etc. That just gets our vacation started a couple of days early. I have no problem with that!

Nancy

Archived