I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Marty456TTT

Not to discredit LHT28´s work but i have som corrections.

Arriving Thursday and will get to the Crown Plaza Hotel at around 2:30 ish.

Is this the Crowne Plaza?

Thursday afternoon - Take train to Christiana and spend the afternoon and have dinner there, back to the hotel by train.

I would take the dinner at a restaurant at the canal in nearby Christianshavn, i don´t think that Christiania has any suitable restaurants

And you will need to take the Metro to Christianshavn, not the train.

Friday - Take train to Jewish Museum > Rosenberg Castle > Round Tower > Stroget > Tivoli > train back to hotel.

Here you will have to take the train to Nørreport and walk to Rosenborg from there.

You just take the train from Tivoli back to Ørestad station where the hotel is located (just look for trains heading for the airport or malmö)

The Jewish museum is located at Christiansborg Castle so i would put the museum together with Strøget if you have time for it.

But are you talking about the Resistance museum?

Saturday - Take train to National Museum > Amalienberg palace > Nyhavn > then back to hotel, get bags and take taxi to Pier 245 to be aty the boat by 4:00 ?

I would take the train to the central station and walk or take the bus to the national museum from there.

From Nyhavn i would take the Metro back to Ørestad (Line L1 for Vestamager)

If you already has a Copenhagen Card i would take the train to Østerport and take a taxi from there because the price will be much lower.

Yes, the Crown Plaza at Oerestads Blvd - near the Oerestad metro station.

And does it make sense to purchase the Copencard or just pay as we go?

Does the Copenhagen card also cover the HopOn-HopOff buses or is that a separate service?

We are so looking forward to coming to Copenhagen !!

Marty & Marlene

The Jewish museum is located at Christiansborg Castle so i would put the museum together with Strøget if you have time for it.

But are you talking about the Resistance museum?

Didn't realize this museum existed - we would like to visit it, but I don't think we would have enough time on Saturday given that we have to be at the boat by about 3:30 - it leaves at 6:00. :(

Thanks again !!

@ azalice

The price will be around 250-300 dkk but the metro will get you to the nearby Kongens Nytorv station were you can walk up to the hotel.

http://map.krak.dk/query?addr2=Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Plads+1250+K%C3%B8benhavn+K&addr1=kongens+nytorv+st&what=route

@ nancy_s_leong

Vision Of The Seas will berth at Langelinie terminal from 09:30 to 18:00.

I would take the bus number 26 from the pier to Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn where the canal tour starts from.

After the aprox 1 hour long canal tour you just take the short walk to Amalienborg from Nyhavn.

Next up is a nice walk along the Strøget shopping street until you reach the town hall square where you can see Tivoli.

Now you just take the train to Østerport and either walk or cath bus number 26 back to Langelinie pier.

But if you have the time you can get of the train in Nørreport instead of Østerport to visit the Rosenborg Castle.

Bus number 26 can be reached on the same street that you walked on from Nørreport, you just have to walk in the opposite direction to reach the bus stop called Øster Voldgade/Sølvgade.

The bus goes every 10th minute but every second bus will terminate a few 100 meters before Langelinie.!!!!!

@ Marty456TTT

Not to discredit LHT28´s work but i have som corrections.

I got the wrong hotel I was thinking of the Copenhaen PLAZA near Tivoli

Thanks for correcting me

Lyn

Thanks a lot Danish viking for your advice.

Looks like I maybe able to do all my list in Copenhagen.

Do I need local money for the public transportation like Bus#26?

Canal tour and Tivoli entrance fee will take credit card, right?

appreciate for your help,

Nancy

good idea on Copenhagen Card which including the admission toTivoli and free public transportation, plus 20% discount on canal tour.

cost 26.31 Euro

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/2672/tours/Copenhagen/CPHCARD-Copenhagen-Card/d463-3224CARD

cost 31 Euro

http://www.europeancitycards.com/buycitycards.asp?id=86&cur=78

Do you know why some links cost more than others? which one do you recommend to buy? and which is the good place to pick up the Copenhagen card with the voucher purchase online on May 30th when we get off the vision of the seas?

http://online.citybreak.com/Search/Other/SearchOther.aspx?pdid=4525&onlineid=1459618727&culture=da

This one is the official site to buy the card.

If the card can´t get to the states in time then yould have to walk to Østerport station and buy the card there, this is only a 15 minute walk though the Kastellet fortress and you can cath the bus from there also.

To VegasGirl: we're going in August, so cannot tell if those pancakes are good or not, but they get rave reviews, the place is La Galette

http://www.lagalette.dk/http%3A__www.lagalette.dk/La_Galette___frontpage.html

Wow! Guys u r 2 much! Thank you! As a side note, to Copenhagen, Denmark. I got married over 10 yrs ago in Nakskov, Denmark (civil wedding). My husband & I were living in Germany at the time for college & work.

I have "lost" my weding certificate. Do you think it is easy to get a new one. Just for memories sake....:rolleyes: Sorry if this is an off the wall question. Just curious & wonder where I should start.

You need 23 kroners for each adult traveling and the ticket is good for 1 hour.

but you can only pay with danish coins or 50 and 100 notes, and free if you have the Copenhagen Card or the City Pass.

What is a City Pass? Where can you buy them?

Thanks

@ lwf99

La Glace must be the place, there are also many cafés in Copenhagen that serves good brunch if you want that instead.

http://www.laglace.dk/eng

@ vegasgirl702

I would try to contact Lolland Kommune (Nakskov is a part of this Kommune)

http://www.lolland.dk/Om_Lolland_Kommune/Information_in_English.aspx

@ potomacgator

A City Pass is a transportation ticket valid for 24 or 72 hours an is only valid in Copenhagen and the airport but not the suburbs.

The price is 70 dkk and 180 dkk.

You can also buy the normal 24 hour ticket at 125 dkk that also covers the suburbs and the towns were Kronborg and Frederiksborg Castle and also the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde..

There are probably hundreds of posts about the Copenhagen Card, but I haven't been able to find what I want. Can one purchase the card at the airport using a non chip/pin credit card? Is there a visitor's center or such place to go for this at the airport? I do realize that one probably can't use the credit card in a machine. Need to know before I go ,so I can order online if necessary. I'll buy the 72 hour card.

Thanks, Phyllis

You can always use a non-chip card in Denmark - everywhere where credit cards are accepted (maybe except for a few ticket machines), but you need a PIN. You can buy them at the DSB ticket booth with a credit card with PIN, so get a PIN before leaving.

The City Pass is sold at every train station in the Copenhagen area but not online.

@ travellover3

Diner's and Mastercard is accepted without a Pin code but if you have another card i can call DSB (Danish state railway) again because the man i spoke with wasn't sure about other cards but if i had the name he could tell me if it was accepted without a Pin code or not.

Can anyone tell me:

• On disembarkation, are there taxis freely available to take us to the airport?
  • How long does it take by taxi to get from the port to the airport?
  • Approximately how much will it cost (2 people, 2 bags, 2 carry-on bags)?

We have booked a flight departing just before mid-day and I'm wondering how much time to allow.

Thank you for your help.

Celle, are we going on the same cruise? August 12-23? I called RCCL, they guarantee if the flight is after 12 noon, they will bring you to the airport on time - if I remember correctly, the cruise shuttle is $20 per person, and this would be so easy! Unfortunately our flight is earlier.

Archived