I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Paula48

Your plan looks like the one i would have choosen so i would go for it and you can always find a taxi at both locations.

But the regular train (including the airport train) is not the same as the S-Tog.

Thank you so much, Danish Viking. If that is the plan you would choose, that is good enough for me! I hope the taxi drivers will be willing to make such a short trip.

Just out of curiosity, are you a male Viking or a female one? I have always imagined you to be female, but several on this board have addressed you as Mr. Viking. It doesn't matter, but I will always see you as Miss Viking! :)

That was our plan too Bob...Seamus (on the Segway) said forget it!! The bikes are uncomfortable (solid tyres) and quite often death traps. We saw several dumped in lakes etc and Seamus said that you could rent a 'proper' bike at several places through the city (though I don't know where!). We looked at the City bikes at the end of the pier (there were only 3) and I don't think I would have been happy. Also, didn't see one in use in the City, which is probably as good an indicator as any!

Simon

Simon;

Thanks, after reading your email thought biking would be fun, I have thrown out the Ice Bar option due to time basically per our discussion and your recommend, boat or bus to town. If I do boat, the forget Netto, but would like the commentary

Still toying with Our Saviors church if it is not too far, perhaps bus to our Saviors church, then walk up to Netto canal tours, perhaps city hall and then back to the ship, how does that sound.

Bob

Bob

I did a search of this thread and could not find the answer to this question.

I am sure it is here as the thread is now novel size.

Sorry.

We will have a Copenhagen Card and will be staying at the Bethel downtown. We will be sailing on the Azamara Journey, which at this time, I believe comes in to Free Port. Is there a bus that we can take and if so which one, or are we just looking at hiring a taxi early Tuesday afternoon for embarkation?

Thanks in advance.

one more question..or maybe just a few more

we dock in copenhagen at 8 am on a Sunday. I noticed that most things open at 10 or even 12..any suggestions on what we can do until things open up.

Please let me know. hate to waste even a minute on this vacation.

Simon;

Thanks, after reading your email thought biking would be fun, I have thrown out the Ice Bar option due to time basically per our discussion and your recommend, boat or bus to town. If I do boat, the forget Netto, but would like the commentary

Still toying with Our Saviors church if it is not too far, perhaps bus to our Saviors church, then walk up to Netto canal tours, perhaps city hall and then back to the ship, how does that sound.

Bob

Bob

Like I said Bob, there is a DFDS waterbus stop about 100 yds from Our Saviours. As to busses, I'm afraid you'll have to ask DV as I don't know where they go!

Simon

Like I said Bob, there is a DFDS waterbus stop about 100 yds from Our Saviours. As to busses, I'm afraid you'll have to ask DV as I don't know where they go!

Simon

Simon;

agree, but then I do not get the commentary... So I am leaning towards bus, then Netto, then Church, then RTB... we never traded info on Helsinki(I know wrong thread)

Bob

Hello Danish Viking,

I Will be staying at the CPH Plaza pre cruise, am I correct in believing it is very near the central station?

Do you no what the cost if to take the train from Central station to Osterport? Also are taxis available to the ship from there?

Thanks

Simon;

agree, but then I do not get the commentary... So I am leaning towards bus, then Netto, then Church, then RTB... we never traded info on Helsinki(I know wrong thread)

Bob

If you board a city bus in Copenhagen, you will find schedules and route maps on the wall near the rear door. It is really a very walkable city. The city hall in Copenhagen isn't as impressive as the one in Oslo. If you are pressed for time, or it is not on your direct route, skip it.

Hi,

We're in Copenhagen for a few hours with our children (6 and 3). The shore excursion is a "walk through" Tivoli Gardens, and I don't think that would work with kids who want to explore. Is it best to do a mini-tour (3 hours) for an overview, then return to Tivoli for a fuller experience, or just skip the tour?

I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

@ Zoolander

You can take bus number 26 from Kongens Nytorv (at the end of Nyhavn) that goes to F?rgehavn Nord.

But notice that route 26 also goes to Langelinie so the bus goes every 10th minute but only every second bus goes to F?rgehavn Nord.

@ wack001

You can also take the Metro from Kongens Nytorv where the canal tours are located next door and to Christianshavn that is located a few 100 meters from Our Saviors Church.

@ JERMEY

Yes the hotel is located next to the central station Called København H.

The price for the ride to Østerport is for 23 DKK and there are always taxies waiting outside or else i'm sure that you can get the kiosk or ticket sales at the station to help you call one.

@ firstfamilycruise

If i was you i would skip the tour and walk around for myself with the kids.

@ llevy315

If you see the map i posted to you there is a old fortress called Kastellet where you can use some time before the resistence museum opens.

The museum is located at the southern side of Kastellet.

@ Paula48

I can understand your curiosity because i have never stated my gender, or atleast i can't remember doing it.

But i am sorry to dissapoint you but i am a man or male or how your saying it.

@ Paula48

I can understand your curiosity because i have never stated my gender, or atleast i can't remember doing it.

But i am sorry to dissapoint you but i am a man or male or how your saying it.

Well, you sure had me fooled.:o I am not disappointed, Mr. Viking; in fact, I am happy that I didn't have any money riding on the outcome. And I thank you so much for your unselfish aid to bewildered English-speaking visitors to your country. I read somewhere that Denmark was home to the happiest people on earth. Danes must also be the most helpful.

Paula

Hi,

We're in Copenhagen for a few hours with our children (6 and 3). The shore excursion is a "walk through" Tivoli Gardens, and I don't think that would work with kids who want to explore. Is it best to do a mini-tour (3 hours) for an overview, then return to Tivoli for a fuller experience, or just skip the tour?

I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

I would definitely skip with tour with a 3 and 6 yr. old. You really don't need a tour for Tivoli. Take a public bus or taxi to Tivoli and explore on your own. It isn't huge and you won't get lost.

Hello and I want to thank you for your wonderful help. As a single female traveler I will be arriving by plane on Aug. 11, headed for the Bethel Hotel on the Nyhavn. Can I just get out and get a cab(luggage and all) or should I order one ahead.

I know you mentioned a company to reserve a cab ahead and I cannot find it on the thread. You have been so kind, I hate to ask you to repeat the information.

Thank you so much.

How lucky we are to have you.

Carolyn

@ seven1113

There are normally alot of taxies waiting at the airport and its also more expensive to prebook a taxi so my advice would be not to book any.

But if you go to wonderfulcopenhagen.com (or is it cruisecopenhagen.com) you will find a list with taxi companies.

@ seven1113

There are normally alot of taxies waiting at the airport and its also more expensive to prebook a taxi so my advice would be not to book any.

But if you go to wonderfulcopenhagen.com (or is it cruisecopenhagen.com) you will find a list with taxi companies.

Thank you so much,

I will get a cab at the aiport.

Carolyn

Hi Danish Viking

I haven't read the whole thread yet, it could take me weeks. This may have already been covered

We are arriving next spring when the marathon is on, May 23rd. We are cruising out on May 24th. We are staying at the Best Western City Hotel. Will many streets be closed. How should we plan to get there. We don't have our flights yet, but arriving in Europe from the states, tends to be in the morning.

Linda

Hi Danish Viking

I haven't read the whole thread yet, it could take me weeks. This may have already been covered

We are arriving next spring when the marathon is on, May 23rd. We are cruising out on May 24th. We are staying at the Best Western City Hotel. Will many streets be closed. How should we plan to get there. We don't have our flights yet, but arriving in Europe from the states, tends to be in the morning.

Linda

Hi Linda:

The Copenhagen Marathon is on Sunday May 22nd, 2011 not May 23rd. In general, streets will be closed at various time from 6AM to 6PM. Here's the link to this year's traffic schedule: http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/ruten/gadeforloeb/156we.aspx?_m=2

If you are arriving on May 23rd, you won't have any problem.:)

Hope this helps,

Suzie

Hi Linda:

The Copenhagen Marathon is on Sunday May 22nd, 2011 not May 23rd. In general, streets will be closed at various time from 6AM to 6PM. Here's the link to this year's traffic schedule: http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/ruten/gadeforloeb/156we.aspx?_m=2

If you are arriving on May 23rd, you won't have any problem.:)

Hope this helps,

Suzie

thanks Suzie. If I arrive the 22nd, guess I'll get back on for info

OK, guys, I know this has been talked about on this board, but I've clicked on the last link I found to bus 26 and it's all Danish.

The topic is transportation to the Freehaven port on a weekday. I was going to take the train from the hotel and walk to the ship, and on the return walk to the train then transfer to the airport train, but have decided that the walk is too long with luggage.

Other than a taxi, my other option is the famous Bus 26. Does that from my hotel near the Central train station, close enough to the ship? And on the return, can I grab that and does it take me all the way to the airport or do I still need to catch a train? Can I get a ticket from the driver?

New to this thread....without reviewing 108 pages, I need two question answered. Arrive on Princess ship in April. Need port to airport tranfer????????? What airport is the international airport???????? CPH or the other. Thanks WAVTAM

re airport to

pier,,,,know cost is high,,,yes,,,but what about the time to travel from one to other"??Ship arrives at 7am and flight leaves at 10 30,,is that doable.....no other flight direct to home if later... your help will be appreciated.....saves its 13km,but not sure how LONG that would take and traffice....Thanks:)

New to this thread....without reviewing 108 pages, I need two question answered. Arrive on Princess ship in April. Need port to airport tranfer????????? What airport is the international airport???????? CPH or the other. Thanks WAVTAM

The international airport in Copenhagen is "Kastrup Lufthavn" call letters, "CPH".

Cato

catolga28@shaw.ca

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 November 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Crown Princess, 26 Mach 2011, 7 day Western Carribean, LA to LA

Eighth cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen to Copenhagen

@ Harry Cane

You can cath the bus from the central station but also from Østerport (with a train from Central station) if you want to safe some time.

On the way to the airport you just take the bus to Østerport and then change to the Øresund Train that will take you to the airport.

And yes you can buy the ticket at the busdriver.

To the pier you need a 2 zone ticket at 23 DKK and to the airport you need a 3 zone ticket at 33,5 DKK.

@ alexandra cruiser

Travel time with taxi is between 20-30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Archived