I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ mescat4

The cheapest thing would be to buy a 2 zone discount card (called klippekort in danish) for 140 DKK.

You will just have to stamp it 5 times (2 zones *5 = 10 zones, you need 2* 5 zones) each way and then you both can travel for 140 DKK instead 0f 240 DKK (4 single tickets)

@ Apple8848

Just use the Øresund/Airport train (not the metro) to the central station (København H)

http://map.krak.dk/m/aINQ4

The S-train takes you directly to Nordhavn station where you can walk to the freeport terminal.

if you are sailing in a weekend you can not use bus number 26 but if your not not i can give you advises to use the bus.

Hotel Twentyseven is located in walking distance from both Vesterport station and the central station.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aINTE

But yet again Bus number 26 might bring you closer but does not run to the freeport terminal in the weekend.

You do not need to prebook the canal tour.

Smørrebrød (open faced sandwich) seems to be in fashion at the moment.

@ joy2cruise

You can always use bus number 26 to get into the downtown area from Adina but transportation will add up if you not are planning on using the Copenhagen Card,

Danish Viking

I will be going from the airport to the Freeport Terminal on Sunday May 22 (10:30-11 am) The Day of the CPH Marathon- (many of the roads I understand are closed on that day)

What would you suggest would be the best way to get to the port.

Jay

The marathon is only in the downtown area so i´m guessing that the taxi will drive through the Nørrebro and Vesterbro area on Jagtvej (visible on the map) on the way to the airport.

Here is the routemap, the freeport terminal is just outside the map in the upper right corner.

http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/rute/rutekort/

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you for all the informative posts. There are far too many to read back all of them so apologies if this has been answered in the past. I would just like to know if there is a stop for the HOHO bus anywhere close to the Marriott?

Thank you

There are 3 companies (i think) and one of them stops infront of the Palace hotel

http://map.krak.dk/m/aaMBx

http://sightseeing.dk/

The other 2 company starts from Axeltorv

http://map.krak.dk/m/aapCx

http://www.copenhagentours.net/

http://www.discovercopenhagen.com/en/SIGHTSEEING/SIGHTSEEING/

Im back! Going to order train tickets (Østerport to Falkenberg, Sweden June 10) @ website: raileurope.com

Any new information on those trains in the past month that I should know? Again, I thank all of you who helped sort this side trip out for us. Our relatives in Sweden are planning a brief family reunion - it is all working out thanks to you kind people!

The only thing that i have to add is that Falkenberg station is not located next to the bus station as i told you earlier because a new line has just recently being build and it takes a shortcut around Falkenberg but if your family picks you up at the trainstation this info doesn´t matter.

Look at this map (The satellite image shows the tracks under cunstruction)

http://maps.google.dk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Falkenberg+busstation,+Falkenberg,+Sverige&daddr=Falkenberg+station,+Falkenberg,+Sverige&geocode=FaZAZAMdv4u-ACnH7O846s5RRjH-alU0eaCS7Q%3BFT2GZAMdMdm-ACnLTOWLo85RRjG3t_JVvqY5Uw&hl=da&mra=ls&sll=57.015902,12.600901&sspn=0.251575,0.614548&ie=UTF8&ll=56.911626,12.508364&spn=0.031535,0.076818&t=h&z=14

The only thing that i have to add is that Falkenberg station is not located next to the bus station as i told you earlier because a new line has just recently being build and it takes a shortcut around Falkenberg but if your family picks you up at the trainstation this info doesn´t matter.

Look at this map (The satellite image shows the tracks under cunstruction)

http://maps.google.dk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Falkenberg+busstation,+Falkenberg,+Sverige&daddr=Falkenberg+station,+Falkenberg,+Sverige&geocode=FaZAZAMdv4u-ACnH7O846s5RRjH-alU0eaCS7Q%3BFT2GZAMdMdm-ACnLTOWLo85RRjG3t_JVvqY5Uw&hl=da&mra=ls&sll=57.015902,12.600901&sspn=0.251575,0.614548&ie=UTF8&ll=56.911626,12.508364&spn=0.031535,0.076818&t=h&z=14

Mange Tak (is that correct?)

I will alert my relatives of this change as they may not be aware of it. When is the new station due to open?

The marathon is only in the downtown area so i´m guessing that the taxi will drive through the Nørrebro and Vesterbro area on Jagtvej (visible on the map) on the way to the airport.

Here is the routemap, the freeport terminal is just outside the map in the upper right corner.

http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/rute/rutekort/

Hi

I will be Copenhagen prior to my cruise and staying downtown - what will be the best way to travel to Freeport.

Thanks in advance.

Annie

Hmmm, plans awry again. I cannot purchase the tickets to Falkenberg and back from raileurope.com. Apparently this is a local route and must be purchased locally. They can't even give me a price!

Do you think I am taking a chance to get a seat on that train if we purchase them that day? Our ship comes in at 8, should be able to get off by 9 and be at rail station before 10 for the #1038, 10:24 train. Return would be #1099 at 5:36. Time is not so concerning, but chance of not getting on is. Do you know if they ever sell out?

You can purchase the tickets at Østerport and København H (central station), my offer to mail the tickets from my address to your is still valid.

I have some bad news but they will probably not be important to you.

The operator of the Øresunds trains, DSBFirst will probably file for bankrupcy but the danish minister for transportation has promised that the commuters will not be affected by this bankrupcy.

The government owned railway company DSB (70% owner of DSBFirst) will probably take over the operation when/if it happens.

You can purchase the tickets at Østerport and København H (central station), my offer to mail the tickets from my address to your is still valid.

I have some bad news but they will probably not be important to you.

The operator of the Øresunds trains, DSBFirst will probably file for bankrupcy but the danish minister for transportation has promised that the commuters will not be affected by this bankrupcy.

The government owned railway company DSB (70% owner of DSBFirst) will probably take over the operation when/if it happens.

Mange tak! If the Øresunds train close down and aren't taken over by government, I can still leave from the main RR station right? Do keep me posted in case that worst-case scenario occurs.

I will talk to husband about the tickets tonight. Do you think it possible that we couldn't get on the train that morning - that seats might be sold out?

Only in the rush hour between 7 and 9 and 15 to 17 there can be problems getting a seat and that is only between Copenhagen and Malmö.

You have to know that it is the governments of Denmark and Sweden that owns the track and the trains so im guessing that DSB and SJ will handle the operation in Denmark and Sweden if it happens.

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

We will be in Copenhagen Saturday August 6,2011 to catch the Emerald PrincessTuesday August 9,2011

We will be staying @ the Radisson Blue Royal and som of the members of Cruise Critic are staying at the Marritt and els whare

Can yuo Suggest a good Reastrant Central located where we can meet for Dinner the Night B/4 (Monday August 8,2011) for a get together for Dinner (Must have Fish)

will need e-mail address so as to make reservations

Also need directions to get there

There may be atleast 10 of us plus

If I can put this together you will be welcome to join us

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

So i'm guessing something with fish, but what price range are we talking about.

my wife dose not eat meat out Midle of the road price range so all can afford

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

@ STUR

All these restaurants are in the middle price range and located in downtown Copenhagen.

Pastis Fishmarket

Hovedvagtsgade 2

1103 København K

Acquamarina

Bogergade 17A

1300 København K

Onigiri i Grønnegade

Grønnegade 41

1107 København K

Gasten og Galionen

Nyhavn 23

1051 København K

Huks Fluks

Gråbrødretorv 6-8

1154 København K

Restaurant Vivi (its a ship)

Langebrogade, kajplads 570

1411 København K

@ ConnieInNewJersey

They take all major credit cards with a pin code at the ticket counter but if you are out of luck there is a ATM close by.

I plan on purchasing the Copenhagen Card at the airport with a credit card that does not have a chip. Will the automated machine take my card?

I ordered the Copenhagen Card online and had it mailed to me. No pin # was needed.

Only in the rush hour between 7 and 9 and 15 to 17 there can be problems getting a seat and that is only between Copenhagen and Malmö.

You have to know that it is the governments of Denmark and Sweden that owns the track and the trains so im guessing that DSB and SJ will handle the operation in Denmark and Sweden if it happens.

Since we aren't in rush hour, we will probably take our chances. Thank you (TAK) for your offer:)

I also have my fourth cousin in Sweden checking with her cousin in Falkenberg to see if the trains are full at this time of the year. I've learned it is "graduation day" for the children in Ullared. I'll see what she reports.

Archived