I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ charmary

The Netto boats sails from almost the same place as Stromma but they don´t have a Hop on Hop off ticket on offer.

I´m sorry but i can´t remember what hotel you did choose to stay on but most hotels are in a 30 minute walking distance to Rosenborg but the Nyhavn hotels only like 15 minutes.

@ World Gallery

You can take a taxi for around 200-250 DKK but calcutate the price here, the distance is around 10 kilometres.

It is a bit of both danish and english aka danglish because i didn´t wanted to translate it all.

TAXI - PRISINFORMATION

start price

from the street (takst 1-2) 24,00 kr.

ordered trip (takst 1-2) 37,00 kr.

from the street (takst 3) 40,00 kr.

ordered trip (takst 3) 50,00 kr.

waiting time 6,25 kr./min

price pr kilometres

Takst 1

mon-friday between 07-16 13,80 kr./km

Takst 2

other times than takst 1 and 3

14,80 kr./km

Takst 3

friday and saturday between 23 – 07 - 17,40 kr./km

Also public holidays

Hi,

Just a quick question (probably also asked many times);

Do they have those larger type taxis at CPH, the ones that can transport at least 4 people + luggage, and what would they cost going from CPH to the cruise terminal. (Emerald Princess june 3)

Thanks

Theo

. If the Netto-Baden boat doesn't allow H-o Ho we will take the Stromma boat that you mentioned, do you catch that at the same location as the Netto boat?

After inquiring, I received an email from Stromma that implied that they only offered a tour (i.e., no HOHO boats), although perhaps I misunderstood their answer - or perhaps they just preferred to sell tour tickets! Also, if I remember correctly, the link they gave to their web site showed the info for cities other than Copenhagen, so I was totally confused at that point. In any case, if you're like me, and don't like surprises, I would make sure that you can get off where you want on any boat you plan to take, and that things haven't changed recently! If I find out, I will try to post here! Maybe I'm just totally wrong, but I thought I'd throw this info out just in case!

I know that I will need a PIN number to use my credit cards in Europe, does anyone know how many digits are acceptable ? My cards already have a chip in them.

I asked my bank for and obtained PIN numbers for 2 of my cards, but one of them has 6 digits and the other 5. Will I have problems using these in Copenhagen and maybe Berlin ?

Thanks !

@ smallestdog

Normally its a 4 digit code, i have never encountered a credit card with more than 4 digits.

@ Renmar

Yes they also have big vans and the price is a little bit higher than the regular taxis.

@ roothy123

According to their website you can still do it.

http://www.stromma.dk/en/SIGHTSEEING-TOURS/Hop-on-hop-off-boat/

Hello,

I have read a previous post that it is possible to take public transportation to Louisiana (which I have done) and then to Helsingor. When my Mom and I took a day trip to Helsingor in 2008 I remember there was too much walking for her, we must have missed a connection. Can you please explain how to get to Louisiana and then Helsingor? There are 5 of us (including my two teens) who I think would love the castle.

Also, the Copenhagen Card seems really expensive this year, do you still feel it's a good deal? I suppose just to avoid lines and for Tivoli (which we will probably hit twice) it is.

Lastly, does the Copenhagen card cover transportation?

Thank you!

Hello DV,

My wife and I will be spending 3 days in CPH after returning from a Eurodam Baltic Cruise on 24-Jul. We have rented an apartment until 27-Jul but it may not be available to get into until as late as 13:00. We were planning to take a HOHO bus around until the apartment is available as my apartment rental contact said there were lockers at the train station where we could store our luggage between the time we depart the ship until we can get into the apartment. We will each have one large suitcase and one carry-on. Based on that, I have two questions: 1) are there lockers at the train station that are big enough for large suitcases and, if so, 2) how safe is it to leave our luggage there?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. I'm sure I'll have more. smile.gif

Can you tell me if the Ho Ho buses go to Freeport and if they don't, is it far to walk to the nearest stop?

Thanks for your help (and apologies if this has been answered before but I have searched this thread for a while now and can't find the answer).

Louisiana is located in a small coast village called Humlebæk a little bit south of Helsingør so the train that runs in a 20 minute interval should get you directly to first Humlebæk and then Helsingør.

Thanks for the info, I think we will rent a car to have a nice drive around the beautiful country.

Catherine

Will we be able to use our US credit and ATM cards in Copenhagen? I read somewhere about needing chip for these cards to work, and ours do not have that chip. If not, what would be the best way for us to get DAnish money. We are coming in a cruise ship, and need to get to the Copenhagen Marriott.

Thanks for your help.

Will we be able to use our US credit and ATM cards in Copenhagen? I read somewhere about needing chip for these cards to work, and ours do not have that chip. If not, what would be the best way for us to get DAnish money. We are coming in a cruise ship, and need to get to the Copenhagen Marriott.

Thanks for your help.

We had no issues with the ATM cards around Copenhagen -- and relied heavily on that. I was able to use my credit card also. I would just mention that my card did not have a pin and they had an alternate procedure for that ... which worked fine.

We did notifiy all of our card issuers of the trip and the countries we would be in.

Crusineurope

Thanks for all your information. I know you have discussed this many times before, but I have a couple of questions about train from Warnemunde to Schwerin.

First, I see you have always mentioned the stop Schwerin Hbf as the stop for visiting Schwerin. I have noticed that it appears on google maps that Schwerin Mitte is closer to center of town/castle. Is there a reason for one stop over the other for visiting the area?

Second: You advise the Laender tickets...it is valid for group of 5. We are a group of six, is there a different ticket for that (group rate?) or do we just buy 2 Laender tickets? Also, does that ticket include the train from Warnumunde to Rostock?

@ discovertheworld

Normally a taxi should not be a problem but contact the taxi companies directly on these websites if you want to prebook.

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

@ pjcruise

Normally they go to the freeport terminal when a cruise ship is in port but check out the companies websites here.

http://www.stromma.dk/en/Home/

http://www.sightseeing.dk/sys/overview/fp.php

@ RASHOPPER2

My card is without a chip so i think that your card will work as well but you do however need a 4 digit pincode.

@ doctrd

First of all you are in the wrong thread (you´ll need the Rostock Thread) and also cruisineurope is not active on (these parts of) cruisecritic anymore for some reason i don´t know but i hope that you can use my help anyway. :)

Danish viking user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

HelloHello Danish viking user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

@Danish Viking

Hello, tried to check this thread for this info, but didn't see anything in here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question===

We will be on the Jewel soon and we would like to visit the castles...the tour description says , " no jackets, camera bags, handbags, umbrellas, etc allowed inside" so, do you know what is the process when you go in?

How do they secure your belongings? Are they locked into lockers of some kind? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Denise

@danish viking:

we'll do the baltic cruise with the norwegian SUN from june 18th to june 27th 2012 and a 2-days pre-cruise-stay at copenhagen. our hotel will be the "best western hotel city" near to kongens nytorv/nyhavn.

so here are my questions:

are there (near to kongens nytorv or nyhavn) some nice places (typical danish f.e.) for (a normal-price) dinning :confused:

can we go by public bus/train/hoho-bus to the freeport terminal for the embarkation of the SUN or is it better to take a taxi (how much would this approximately cost) :confused:

what can we do on the disembarkation-day because our flight back to vienna will be at 17:45 - where can we lock our luggage :confused:

which kind of tickets for the public transport should we take :confused:

a 3-zone-ticket from the airport to the hotel is clear, but for the other 1 1/2 days would be the 24-day-pass or the city pass for 72 hours better :confused:

the copenhagen card I would not prefer because we don't like to see sooo much museums - I think the hoho-bus will be better for us or a walk.

greetings from austria

chipsy57

@ Chipsy57

Yes here are some middle priced restaurents serving traditionally danish food.

Skipperkroen

Nyhavn 27

København K

Restaurant Peder Oxe

Gråbrødre Torv 11

København K

Restaurant Vita

Store Kongensgade 25

København K

Hos Kim

Nørre Farimagsgade 13

København K

A taxi from the Nyhavn Area to The freeport will be around 150-180 DKK.

Bus 26 will take you directly to the cruise pier from the busstop at Kongens Nytorv, just take the bus in direction of Færgehavn Nord and get´of at Sundkrogsgade.

The luggage is bets kekp at the central station because you will have a direct train to the airport that takes only 12 minutes to reach.

From here you arte in walking distance to almost all tourist sites in Copenhagen.

If you buy the 24 or 72 hour City Pass you are good to go already from the airport.

A 3 zone single ticket cost 36 DKK so the city pass is a good value.

If you are 2 persons you can buy a 2 zone clip card with 10 clips.

You will get enough clips from the Airport to hotel - hotel to ship and on the last day ship to central station and central station to airport.

If you buy the clip card you will probably only need the 24 hour city pass on you whole day in Copenhagen.

The calculation look like this

2 * 3 zones from airport to hotel = 3 clips

2 * 2 zones from hotel to ship = 2 clips

2 * 2 zones from ship to central station (luggage storage) = 2 clips

2 * 3 zones from central station to airport = 3 clips.

This trip with normal 2 and 3 zone single tickets cost 240 DKK but the 2 zone clip card cost only 145 DKK.

If you are more than 2 persons just let me know and i will re calculate.

Remember that 2 kids under 12 travels for free with one adult and under 16 is half price.

hi danish viking,

wow, that's real good information about copenhagen - THANKS

but I'm also a little bit confused because of the tickets for the public transport:

we are 2 adults - our flight will arrive copenhagen at 17:00 (saturday), so you said that the best option is to by either a 72 hour-city pass (for saturday, sunday + monday) or a 3-zone single-ticket for 2 persons (airport-hotel) and one zone clip-card for 2 persons (sunday + monday + last day=disembarkation-day) :confused:

or the third possibiliy is the 24 city pass instead of the 72 hour-city pass

Your calculation looks like this

2 * 3 zones from airport to hotel = 2 * 3 clips

2 * 2 zones from hotel to ship = 2 * 2 clips

2 * 2 zones from ship to central station (luggage storage) = 2 * 2 clips

2 * 3 zones from central station to airport = 2 * 3 clips.

how can we used the clip-card - is it counted automatically or how do we handle (punch?) the ticket correctly?

From where do we get this tickets?

greetings from austria

chipsy57

ps: are there some more restaurants (not only danish cooking; small budget + middle priced) in our area :confused: by the way: what is middle priced :D

Archived