I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Depends somewhat on where along Langeline you end up berthing, but I'd say between 5 and 10 minutes to Nordre Toldbod and 10 minutes from the Black Diamond to the TI Office.

Line 26 bus, Langeline to Radhuspladsen, schedule here:

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/koreplaner/sogeresultat/Pages/Linje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200002600000&line_name=26&active=1&linegid=9011200002600000&next_stop=

Thanks for that - which stop would we get off at. I am presuming we get on at the Langeline......how much (approx) of a walk is that to the bus stop? ..and the same the other end?

Thanks

Thanks for that - which stop would we get off at. I am presuming we get on at the Langeline......how much (approx) of a walk is that to the bus stop? ..and the same the other end?

Thanks

If you want to take Bus #26 at the Langeline port, you'll be happy to find that the bus stop right at the gangway!

You would get off at Radhusplasden, which is about a block from the TI Office. As for the Langeline end, not a clue how far the walk would be from your ship to the stop. Wouldn't suspect it'd be very far.

That's perfect information!!

One last question..........'sigh'!!!!

On the bus timetable...after 9.30 am ....it just shows '30' '50' etc....is this past the hour until 1pm??

Can you tell I'm a woman yet??!!:confused:

Nerys

If you want to take Bus #26 at the Langeline port, you'll be happy to find that the bus stop right at the gangway!

Oh...perfect!!!!!!

Do you also know if they would take Euros?...or even Dollars????!!!!

Oh...perfect!!!!!!

Do you also know if they would take Euros?...or even Dollars????!!!!

No, you're going to need some local currency. There may be a cash point at Langeline, but we didn't put in there so I couldn't say for sure.

We also found our ship (HAL Rotterdam in this case) offered very fair exchange rates.

If you have another Danish port earlier in your journey (Aarhus for example) you could find a cash point there for all the DDK you'd need for your trip.

On the bus timetable...after 9.30 am ....it just shows '30' '50' etc....is this past the hour until 1pm??

Yes, it's every 20 minutes between those hours. I can't see a particular reason the timetable is laid out that way, other than that very slight 1 minute deviation earlier in the day.

No, you're going to need some local currency. There may be a cash point at Langeline, but we didn't put in there so I couldn't say for sure.

We also found our ship (HAL Rotterdam in this case) offered very fair exchange rates.

If you have another Danish port earlier in your journey (Aarhus for example) you could find a cash point there for all the DDK you'd need for your trip.

Ok we will get DDK!!!

We were planning to do a combined Ho Ho bus and DFDS canal tours/waterbuses. We have One and a half days (ship leaves 4pm) on second day. On the second day we want to do the walking tour (10.30am - as you know)!!! Is it worth having the 2 day pass (Freedom pass)...or would we not make the most of it. Is just the waterbuses/waterbus tour (2 of) enough....can we forget the Ho Ho bus...or will we miss out? I know the ho ho buses come to Langeline....where would be best to catch the waterbus from Langeline. I'm guessing the tours start from ONE designated area?

Decisions decisions!!

Thanks again.

Ok we will get DDK!!!

We were planning to do a combined Ho Ho bus and DFDS canal tours/waterbuses. We have One and a half days (ship leaves 4pm) on second day. On the second day we want to do the walking tour (10.30am - as you know)!!! Is it worth having the 2 day pass (Freedom pass)...or would we not make the most of it. Is just the waterbuses/waterbus tour (2 of) enough....can we forget the Ho Ho bus...or will we miss out? I know the ho ho buses come to Langeline....where would be best to catch the waterbus from Langeline. I'm guessing the tours start from ONE designated area?

Decisions decisions!!

Thanks again.

I would say the DFDS day pass for the 3 waterbus routes would be adequate for getting you within striking distance of anyplace you'd want to be. Getting a pass for the three Ho-Ho buses as well might be overkill?

As you already know, the waterbus Green Line goes to/from Langeline, but I have no idea about buying tickets for it, or boarding/disembarking, there.

As you can see from the map earlier, pretty much all the waterbus routes hub from Nyhavn.

I would say the DFDS day pass for the 3 waterbus routes would be adequate for getting you within striking distance of anyplace you'd want to be. Getting a pass for the three Ho-Ho buses as well might be overkill?

As you already know, the waterbus Green Line goes to/from Langeline, but I have no idea about buying tickets for it, or boarding/disembarking, there.

As you can see from the map earlier, pretty much all the waterbus routes hub from Nyhavn.

I see there are also Netto boat tours? They seem to be half the price of DFDS and leave from

Starting Point: Holmens Church opposite the old Stock-Exchange and Nyhavn at Heibergsgade.

Could we get here by bus no 26??? What stop would that be???!!!

Thanks

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but we get into Copenhagen on a Sunday (NCL Jewel) Aug 16, 2009. Are the buses running on a Sunday (#26 bus, HoHo buses)?? I've gotten so much conflicting info on this, can some one help me out??.

Also, are all or most of the touristy things open on Sundays, including many of the shops??. Thank you for any info on this.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but we get into Copenhagen on a Sunday (NCL Jewel) Aug 16, 2009. Are the buses running on a Sunday (#26 bus, HoHo buses)?? I've gotten so much conflicting info on this, can some one help me out??.

Also, are all or most of the touristy things open on Sundays, including many of the shops??. Thank you for any info on this.

26 runs everyday. But only to Langeline on weekends, not to Frihavn. So hopefully you're in at the former.

I see there are also Netto boat tours? They seem to be half the price of DFDS and leave from

Starting Point: Holmens Church opposite the old Stock-Exchange and Nyhavn at Heibergsgade.

Could we get here by bus no 26??? What stop would that be???!!!

Thanks

Netto are cheaper. But only DFDS has (some) covered boats in case of inclement weather.

The 26 bus stops at Kongens Nytorv, right at the top of Nyhavn and across the square from where the DFDS boats are. The Netto boats are about half-way down the channel on the southern side.

Hi we need some information please, we arrive Copenhagen Airport at 1305 on 31st aug, how long to get to the cruise Terminal(Royal Caribbean) and could you tell us if they have 6 seater Taxis or only 4 seaters, also how much per taxis approx to get there, or is it quicker by Train or Metro.

thanks for any help you can give.

Danish viking (or anyone else that may know)..

We are planning on staying 2 nights after a cruise at The Square Hotel. Our 2 choices on leaving Copenhagen are either a 6:35AM or a 7:50AM flight. I assume we would need to be at the airport 2 hours before flight time. That would mean leaving the hotel at 4 or 5 AM.

My Question ????....are taxis available at that time of the night? and would you have any idea what the cost would be.

mange tak.....

What do you recommend that we do at Tivoli? There are no children with us, and we are not planning on going to the amusement park. How much time do we need there, do we have to pay to go in, and what exactly do we want to see? Help!

Thank you

@ smileon

I think that 30 min. are fine.

@ tom cruizes

The price is around 350 dkk, the train will not be faster because you need to change sometimes during the trip but it is cheaper.

@ Belleisle gal

Its not cold but i suggest that you pack to all kinds of weather.

@ tb

The trains to the airport runs just around the cornerand it is way cheaper, around 60-70 dkk for 2 adults.

A taxi will cost you around 300 dkk.

Danish viking.....

I would like to take the train but will it be running at 4 or 5 AM? Would we even be able to get a taxi? I would not want to stay at an airport hotel just because of an early morning flight but that might be the only option.

mange tak

Danish viking.....

I would like to take the train but will it be running at 4 or 5 AM? Would we even be able to get a taxi? I would not want to stay at an airport hotel just because of an early morning flight but that might be the only option.

mange tak

TB,

We were in the same position as you (not quite as early). We were booked at a hotel in the city center and we were going to have to make our way to the airport on a Thursday morning. After reading many good posts concerning the Airport Hilton, I changed our reservation. The Hilton is extremely convenient in terms of proximity to the airport (you can walk since it connects to Terminal 3) and is also a short train ride (I read 12 minutes somewhere) to downtown. I just feel like it will make our getaway day much less stressful.

Hope this helps.

TB,

We were in the same position as you (not quite as early). We were booked at a hotel in the city center and we were going to have to make our way to the airport on a Thursday morning. After reading many good posts concerning the Airport Hilton, I changed our reservation. The Hilton is extremely convenient in terms of proximity to the airport (you can walk since it connects to Terminal 3) and is also a short train ride (I read 12 minutes somewhere) to downtown. I just feel like it will make our getaway day much less stressful.

Hope this helps.

I just looked at the Hilton and it would be around $400/night. That really is more than we want to spend. We may look at an afternoon flight but that means overnighting in either London or Brussels and taking an early AM flight the next day to the US...that would be OK except that we would need to lug all of our luggage. It can't be checked thru according to American.

We may look at an afternoon flight but that means overnighting in either London or Brussels and taking an early AM flight the next day to the US...that would be OK except that we would need to lug all of our luggage. It can't be checked thru according to American.

You would not need to overnight

I am looking at a 12:25 pm flight gets into Toronto at 8:15pm with a connection in AMS

You should be able to find a flight mid day that will get you home the same day.

Do you have to fly AA?

Lyn

You would not need to overnight

I am looking at a 12:25 pm flight gets into Toronto at 8:15pm with a connection in AMS

You should be able to find a flight mid day that will get you home the same day.

Do you have to fly AA?

Lyn

Unfortunately, we do have to fly AA. I have $1800 in credit that I need to use.

Archived