I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

One 24-hour CPH card would cost you DKK 225, two would cost you DKK 450. Instead, you could buy a 10-trip 3-zoner card (DKK 130) which could be shared with your partner (I assume there are 2 in your party).

Could you tell me how to find out about the ticket for 10trip 3 zoner card at (DKK 130). Is this just for transportation or is it like the 24 hour CPH card. When I went to http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/touri...s_&_conditions I did not see anything but 24 hr and 72 hr.

Thank you

Jean

Could you tell me how to find out about the ticket for 10trip 3 zoner card at (DKK 130). Is this just for transportation or is it like the 24 hour CPH card. When I went to http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/touri...s_&_conditions I did not see anything but 24 hr and 72 hr.

Thank you

Jean

The 3 Zone card is for transportation only and can be purchased at the Airport train station.

In reply to other posts:

gfranzen: If you only want to tour Sjælland, I recommend you rent a car. Even though Train and Busses are on frequent schedules, you can save time by going on your own. It is also easier to bring along your luggage and be prepared to stay over in a small B & B somewhere.

Sam: Are you serious in your suggestion to an American to walk 20 minutes with luggage to save money? How do I insert a smiley wink here??

Would it not be easier to go to Nordhavnen or Østerport if they can store luggage there for the day? Then they are free to go back to the City for sightseeing. Then go back to Nordhavnen and take a cab to the pier?

By the way, I see some ships dock in Nordhavnen and other Langelinie. Do anyone know where RCCL docks their ships?

Viking and CruisinEurope,

This thread is very informative. Thank you for the time that you spend in replying our questions.

Is there any Pay As You Go cell phone card that I can purchase at the Copenhagen airport? What is the minium amount of the plan?

@ The Viking

RCCL does normally dock at Langelinie.

A golden rule is homeport ships are normally docked at Freeport and transit ships are normally docked at Langelinie.

@ sidari

Someone posted a price of 40 US Dollars but it is normally around 250 to 280 DKK.

I did a search and this question has been asked before, but with apparently no answers. Does anyone have any information on the Hotel Bethel? Lots of good reviews on Tripadvisor.com, but I was interested in whether any CCers had stayed there and what they thought about it. I am seriously considering it for our one day stay in Copenhagen next June.

I am back from a Baltic cruise that started in Copenhagen & want to thank the contributors to this thread especially CruisinEurope

and Danish viking for helping us have a great visit.

We spent 3 full days & 3 nights in Copenhagen & it was fantastic – a highlight of the trip. We could have spent longer even though it is a relatively small city.

Almost everything we did was stimulated by suggestions on this thread.

It started with a hot dog. We were so excited to try the famous Copenhagen hot dogs that we had our first (of several) in baggage claim at the Copenhagen airport while we waited for our luggage. It’s a good thing we don’t serve then that way where I live or I would eat too many. I never got to the chocolate milk to accompany it since that seemed like a waste of a fluid intake opportunity, especially given the hot, sunny weather.

Our next good decision was to purchase the 72 hour Copenhagen card. I am sure we saved money, but the good thing was we did not have to ask ourselves at each opportunity, “Is it worth it to buy an admission ticket?”

We especially enjoyed using the card to go into Tivoli all three evenings. It is a magical place. We did not ride any rides, but really enjoyed watching people have fun & listening to/watching the musical performances at the different venues.

On our first full day, we did the Hans Christian Anderson walk in the morning. It was o.k. Then we made our only mistake. We took the “bargain” canal ride that starts at the Holmens Kirke. A canal tour is a great way to see the city; however, our “guide” could not have been less interested. She only made about half the announcements in English & had to read several of them. She was primarily focused on applying suntan lotion & talking with the driver. If I had to do it again, I would choose the higher priced option. We also toured Christianborg.

On day 2, we took the train options as described in these threads to visit the Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød and the Kronborg/Hamlet Castle in Helsingør. We even followed the advice to buy the ice cream in Helsingør. In an effort to manage our calorie intake, we attempted to skip the whipped cream & strawberry preserves on top. Fortunately, the very nice lady behind the counter insisted we get it. We should never have even thought about skipping it. The Frederiksborg Castle was special although I am glad we did this BEFORE St. Petersburg. It was a full day & the Copenhagen Card made it relatively inexpensive.

On day 3, we followed the advice to start in the morning with a tour of Rosenborg Palace & continued to Amalienborg Castle for the changing of the guard. We then had a great lunch at the Carlsberg Glyptotek and did a quick walk through of the museum.

Of course, we did our fair share of walking around Nyhavn, the Stroget, and Town Hall Square.

We look forward to another visit to this city.

This is what the Copenhagen 10-trip 3-zoner card looks like. Everytime you stick it into the validation machine, it chews one tab on the left. This card still have 2 trips left.

I bought this card for DKK130 in 2009.

3zoner.jpg.07a3237c8f93234b0e380fe478537933.jpg

This is what the Copenhagen 10-trip 3-zoner card looks like. Everytime you stick it into the validation machine, it chews one tab on the left. This card still have 2 trips left.

I bought this card for DKK130 in 2009.

It's so nice that you show us the ticket. Can we (a group of 6) share the 10 trip card?

I did a search and this question has been asked before, but with apparently no answers. Does anyone have any information on the Hotel Bethel? Lots of good reviews on Tripadvisor.com, but I was interested in whether any CCers had stayed there and what they thought about it. I am seriously considering it for our one day stay in Copenhagen next June.

DH and I will be staying at the Bethel next month prior to our T/A back to Ft. Lauderdale. I will post our review when we return. They have been very quick in responding to e-mail inquiries.We spoke to a couple who stayed there and they said it was clean and comfortable,breakfeast was decent and it is within walking distance to many things.

Keeping fingers crossed-

Claire

Yes, a 10-trip card could be shared. For 6 of you to go from airport to downtown, you just validate the same ticket 6 times.

Also note-worthy are:

1. Kids ride free when accompanied with paying adult. But I do not remember the age limit, and the number of kids you could bring with each adult.

2. If the 6 of you are using the 3-zoner card in a 2-zone area (eg. within downtown), you don't need to validate 6 times. Instead, you validate 4 times only. I learnt that from a lady in the Tourist Information Center. I have not tried this trick myself. It would be good to verify this with the ticket office when you buy the card.

Sam

Each paying adult can bring up to two children up to and including 11 years old free of charge.

Clip cards can be shared between several persons and even the "clips" themselves can be shared. Eg. two persons traveling three zones can stamp a two zone card three times, thus sharing one of the stampings. The rule is, that each person has to pay for at least two zones, which is the minimum fare.

Children aged 12 to 15 (including 15) pay half fare. This is done either by buying a special children's clip card (available in 2 and 3-zones card) at half price, or stamping half the amount of zones on an adult card. Each paying child aged 12 to 15 can bring a child aged 0-11 free of charge.

Claire, Thank you! I would appreciate the information. I have booked one of the large corner rooms. Of course, if the place is terrrible, I can always cancel. I have been very impressed with their email response. Always almost immediate. Reviews on TripAdvisor were also very good. Have a wonderful trip!

I too was looking at this hotel, but couldnt find their web site. I'm not cruising til next yr but I like to plan ahead.

Looked into price of SAS Radisson, Imperial and Mariott-all about the same.

If u can give me their web site I'd appreciate it

thanks

I too was looking at this hotel, but couldnt find their web site. I'm not cruising til next yr but I like to plan ahead.

thanks

Here you go:

http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/

Have a great vacation.

I noticed most of the hotels are not a/c? Is it cool enough to do without air?

In picking a hotel, which area would be better, along water or near Tivoli Gardens -as far as sight seeing, safety etc.

thx

Hotel Bethel

thanks

msmoger has already given you the website. You will see there is not a lot of information on it, but they are wonderful at answering email. I asked a lot of questions before I booked. I am also not cruising until next year, but decided to go ahead and book this hotel as there are only 30 rooms. The prices are much cheaper than the 4 star hotels and it includes breakfast. Only drawback I had was no air conditioning, but I am hoping for nice cool weather. I didn't have to pay a depositor or give them my credit card number, and the only information they have from me is my first name and email address. Hopefully that large corner room that I reserved will be available when I get there. :eek: Also, they do not book their rooms on line. You either have to do it by email or by telephone. TripAdvisor.com has a lot of good reviews on this hotel. You might want to check it out.

On trip advisor, 2 posters said a/c is not needed ex maybe a few days in CPH. They suggested a hotel on waterfront (Mariott) as opposed to a hotel near Tivoli gdns. Bethel Hotel seems to get great reviews but it is a little further down the water way

Califlady-when next yr are u going to CPH?

Archived