I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I, too, am thinking about hotels - for next August 2010. Several I was interested in are booked so I would guess earlier is better. Unless you have a hotel package you have purchased from your cruiseline. My cruiseline - Azamara - has no published rates as yet for hotel packages.

Does anyone have info on Azamara hotel pre-cruise packages from this past summer which would indicate which hotels they contracted with and what the rate was?

Alice

• 2 weeks later...

If you were to pick among the following which would you choose and why or why not

Square

Imperial Both near Tivoli

or Phoenix or 71 Nyhavn near marina

We also looked into Strand but others say it is a business hotel, and Opera Hotel which seemed to be away from everything.

we want to keep it under $1000 for 3 days

thanks

Im sorry for not posting more often but suddenly i could not access CC on my PS3 but now my PC is up and running again. (almost)

@ elaine5

My guess is yes but you have to contact Tivoli to get it confirmed.

@ celyvabeach and azalice

There are several Congresses and a huge Fashion fare in august and it can mean reduced capacity on many hotels.

The fashion fare is from 12th to 15th of august 2010 and 3 congresses from 26th to 30th of august.

Danish viking,

I had trouble getting into "recommended" hotels for a 3 night stay beginning Aug.14. I finally booked with Scandic Front. I cannot figure out exactly where we will be in relation to Tivoli or central area of the city. How far is this hotel from Tivoli, for example? Or is it in an area where we will need to take a bus? We are not great walkers.

Another question for anyone who might be able to help. I just bought a DK Guide to Copenhagen, a small book mainly discussing the most popular features around Copenhagen. In one section it says people from many EU countries including Iceland, etc. can bring in 30 days worth of prescription medicine but others can only bring in 14 days worth. I cannot find anything on Denmark's official sites noting this limitation. Anyone have an answer?

Alice

Im sorry for not posting more often but suddenly i could not access CC on my PS3 but now my PC is up and running again. (almost)

@ elaine5

My guess is yes but you have to contact Tivoli to get it confirmed.

@ celyvabeach and azalice

There are several Congresses and a huge Fashion fare in august and it can mean reduced capacity on many hotels.

The fashion fare is from 12th to 15th of august 2010 and 3 congresses from 26th to 30th of august.

Thanks for the heads up Danish Viking. Already booked pre-cruise hotel Aug 18-20 and post cruise Aug 30-31.

@ azalice

The hotel is located close to Nyhavn and Kings new square (Kongens Nytorv) so you can either walk trough strøget shopping street 1,5-2 km or take the Metro from Kongens Nytorv to Nørreport and the change to a train heading to the Central Station where tivoli is located.

We will be visiting Copenhagen again in May, 2010 and are thinking about trying to get to the Kronborg Castle. Would we need to use a private guide or is there available public transportation to Elsinore? If we need a private guide, do you have any recommendations? thank you,

Sharon

Can you tell me how to get a taxi from Rosenborg Castle back to the docks and the approximate cost. Do not know which dock we will be at next May so give me the most expensive.

Do you hail them like in NY, call them, order in advance? We will be departing the castle around 4:00 PM will we have a problem?

Thanks

If you are at Langelinie Pier you can walk to the ship it will take you 20-30 minutes or maybe quicker if you walk fast.

A taxi to Freeport Terminal will be in the 100-120 DKK range i don´t know if they are available at Rosenborg but at the nearby Nørreport Station there are tones of them.

But it is more expensive to order a taxi than to just grap one by the street i think that it is around 20 DKK more.

If you are at Langelinie Pier you can walk to the ship it will take you 20-30 minutes or maybe quicker if you walk fast.

A taxi to Freeport Terminal will be in the 100-120 DKK range i don´t know if they are available at Rosenborg but at the nearby Nørreport Station there are tones of them.

But it is more expensive to order a taxi than to just grap one by the street i think that it is around 20 DKK more.

Thanks for the info

My husband, mom, and a friend will all be on a cruise that ends in Copenhagen next July. I would like to spend a day or so there before flying back home. My sister works for Hilton and can get us a family discount. The only one I have found though is out by the airport. It sounds like there is a train or subway station right at the hotel that could take us into downtown. Is that true? Is the ride very long?

the hotel info also says that we could check our luggage in for our flight right at the hotel which would be very convenient. do you know if that is still true with all of the heightened airport security everywhere?

Final questions, with 2 members of our group being in their 80s I don't see public transportation to get from ship to hotel being very feasible with all of our luggage. Any idea how much it would cost by taxi to get to Hilton by the airport? Is there an ATM at the port so we could get local currency for the taxi?

Thanks in advance for your help!

@cincicouple

The travel time from the airport to Copenhagen central station is 13 minutes with the Öresund train and 14 minutes by metro to Kongens Nytorv.

Both rail services are valid with the CPH Card.

i took this information about taxi fares from www.cmport.dk

A trip from Copenhagen Freeport to Tivoli/central Station cost approx. DKK 150.00 – DKK175.00 depending on time of the day.

A trip from Copenhagen Freeport to Copenhagen Airport cost apprx. DKK 400.00 – DKK500.00 depending on time of the day.

So if it is possible (and you have the CPH Card) the cheapest way to the cruiseport is by taking the train to the central station and then grab a taxi.

@cincicouple

The travel time from the airport to Copenhagen central station is 13 minutes with the Öresund train and 14 minutes by metro to Kongens Nytorv.

A trip from Copenhagen Freeport to Tivoli/central Station cost approx. DKK 150.00 – DKK175.00 depending on time of the day.

A trip from Copenhagen Freeport to Copenhagen Airport cost apprx. DKK 400.00 – DKK500.00 depending on time of the day.

So if it is possible (and you have the CPH Card) the cheapest way to the cruiseport is by taking the train to the central station and then grab a taxi.

Thanks!

@cincicouple

Actually, if you want to combine rail and taxi the cheapest way, take the train from the airport to Østerport station instead of Copenhagen Central station (All trains to towards Central station continue to Østerport, except the hourly long distance trains). Østerport is much closer to the ports than Central station. Then take a taxi from Østerport.

Haha maybe the wrong thread and City.

My wife was born in Amsterdam. We've gotten used to people thinking Amsterdam is in Denmark or Sweden. When you tell them that it is in the Netherlands they'll still ask "Isn't that in Denmark/Sweden?" :o

Archived