I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ bayjoens

I thought that you had two days in Copenhagen!!!!!

But you can easily skip Christiansborg from the inside and you can also drop the Round tower because the view from the Zoo Tower is just as good.

But remember that most site are closing at 17:00 so be careful with the time.

Perfect! Thanks, DV! I think we are all set now.

@ wack001

You can walk along the harbour front but it takes around 20-30 minutes.

If you take the bus you will have to get off at Kongens Nytorv.

I would take Tivoli over Rosenborg but i am still young'ish (25) but Rosenborg is interesting too.

@ seb530

I would not pay for the CPH card because you will only get a discount at the canal tour and the entrance to Tivoli is 95 DKK. so you won't save enough to justify the card.

But i would walk upto the nearest train station and buy the City Pass that will cover transportation in Copenhagen for 70 DKK (35 DKK for the children).

If your ship are docked at Langelinie it is Østerport St. and from the Freeport terminal it is Nordhavn St.

A single ticket cost 23 DKK so 4 of them is 92 DKK so its much cheaper to go with the City Pass.

Also go to Tivoli in the evening when the lights are turned on (around 20:00)

Viking;

You need to help me on this following the Segway, do i do;

Tivoli or do i do a canal tour, or do i do inside Rosenborgh, figure I got from about 12:30-4:30... need to best use my time. The Segway I assume takes me around, what do you think would be best?

Bob

@ wack001

I would say that the Segway tour is a alternative to the canal tour so i would head for Rosenborg or Tivoli.

There is already alot of history on this cruise so if you want to give your mind a break Tivoli will do it.

But if history is your game i would go for Rosenborg and a walk along Strøget shopping street or maybe the canal tour if you are up for it.

You can also combine Tivoli and Strøget.

@ robcruz

There are 3 options (probably some more)

Budget.

Øresund/Airport train for Østerport station (direction Helsingør or Nivå)

Change to S-train for Nordhavn (just pick any S-train heading north)

Walk from Nordhavn to the pier.

Price: 34,5 DKK for one person.

Semi Budget.

Take a taxi from Østerport to the pier, no taxi driver will take you from Nordhavn to the Freeport Terminal.

Price: 34,5 DKK for one person on the train and aprox 80-100 DKK for a taxi.

The easy way.

A taxi from the airport the Freeport Terminal.

Price: Aprox 300 DKK.

@ GACRUISER456

There is one called Botanisk Have located between Rosenborg and Statens museum for moderne kunst (The national museum for contemporary art)

You just have to take S-train, Train or Metro and walk from there.

BTW. both of you can make good use of this map.

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/map

Danish Viking,

Can you recommend some Copenhagen restaurants where Dover sole is on the menu? (I hope there are a few that are not in the NOMA price category!) I'll be in Copenhagen for two days prior to a cruise next month and would love to have this as a special dinner treat. We are staying at the Adina Hotel.

Thanks so much.

I recommend reading Number the Stars by Lois Lowry to all who visit Denmark, especially those who plan to visit the Danish Resistance Museum (near the port). It is a Newbery Medal winner (young adult literature), so it is suitable for everyone. It tells the story of a young Danish girl and her Jewish girlfriend during the German occupation of Denmark. Everyone should know of the extraordinary heroism of the Danish people. They helped many Jews reach neutral Sweden.

Paula

Sorry as I'm sure these questions have been asked before. Would welcome any recommendation for a hotel located near Tivoli Gardens plus any recommendation for a city tour company. Coming in a few days early (arriving 9/20) for a 9/23 departure on Vision of the Seas. A great thread with a wealth of info.

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

Everyone suggests seeing Tivoli at night because of the lights etc.

Learning about the long daylights on our Baltic Cruise I'm wondering what time does it get dark in Copenhagen in July?

Thanks.

Danish Viking,I will be staying in Copenhagen for a few days before my cruise leaves on August 30th. I am staying at the Nyhavn Hotel and have not seen it mentioned in these posts. Is it relatively a nice one and close to attractions? Also traveling solo, is it relatively easy to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Dont' think I would be able to handle my luggage by myself on the bus or train. I have tried to find out if the Nyhavn has airport pickup but have been unable to find this out. Thanks so much for all your help.

@ Milwaukeeee

expect around 21:45 for the middle of july.

@ chatdad

Radisson Blu Royal

Hotel Astoria

Scandic Webers

Copenhagen Plaza Hotel

Nimb Hotel

Tivoli Hotel (at the Tivoli Congress Center)

Hotel Mayfair

The Square

For a guided walk i would try http://copenhagenwalks.com/1024x768/default.htm or http://guides.dk/2-59-english.html

Thanks Danish Viking.

I translated that to70.61 fahrenheit for those in US who don't understand celcius.

I'm wondering what time does it get dark in Copenhagen in July

Or 9:45 PM for those that understood the question

what does temperature have to do with time?

This AM/PM thing confuses me, it´s more easy the other way :D

@ bvillemiss

I`m sorry that i missed your post but we posted it almost at the same time.

The only direct transport between the Nyhavn area is the direct Metro from Kongens Nytorv station.

The other way would be with a taxi and that price would be around 250-300 DKK.

The metro cost 34,5 DKK but it is driverless so be quick at the doors.

I only thought that the brits was using AM/PM but know i realised that you americans use it too but i´m sticking with the good old 24hr system. :p

OK, I asked the original question about what are the temperatures in Copenhagen in July.....also what time does it get dark. When I saw your answer (the 24 hour clock) I thought that was the temperature in celcius...so I translated to fahrenheit. Cooler than I thought but I thought thats ok.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In other words. It's cool and get's dark late.

OK, I asked the original question about what are the temperatures in Copenhagen in July.....also what time does it get dark.

The average temps range from 53F to 80F in July

We were there one year in mid June & it was T-shirt weather by mid morning

enjoy the trip

Lyn

Hi there Danish Viking and thanks for your reply but I am not sure you were answering mine. I have copied and pasted it below. I was most intested in the hotel I had reserved, the 71 Nyhavn. I did forget to put the 71 before the name which might be why you missed it. And I was asking about how easy it would be to get a taxi at the airport since I would be traveling alone and couldn't manage my luggage any other way.

Thanks for your help.

Danish Viking,I will be staying in Copenhagen for a few days before my cruise leaves on August 30th. I am staying at the Nyhavn Hotel and have not seen it mentioned in these posts. Is it relatively a nice one and close to attractions? Also traveling solo, is it relatively easy to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Dont' think I would be able to handle my luggage by myself on the bus or train. I have tried to find out if the Nyhavn has airport pickup but have been unable to find this out. Thanks so much for all your help.

@ bvillemiss

I don't know about any transport to and from the hotel but i'm sure you can ask them by e-mail.

But i can tell you that the location is perfect, you are in walking distance from almost everything and you can get a nice dinner at the restaurant's at Nyhavn.

Oh thanks so much Danish viking.....am so glad to hear that. I do hope it is nice. I did email asking them if they might have transportation from the airport but they did not answer. I am just glad to know that I will be able to walk most places.Hopefully it will not be too complicated in getting a taxi at the airport. If we didn't have luggage, would be so much more simple. You have been so helpful in your answers to everyone.

Danish Viking, Thanks for the Copenhagen seafood restaurant list. I am trying to find an English translation or web page online. The AOK.DK website has an English version link but I can't find the fish restaurant category.

@ TudorSue

Have you tried to translate with Google.

@ Milwaukeeee

I´m sorry if i have missed the question about temeratures but your last question was only about what time the sunset was and that was the answer i gave you.

Archived