Angkor Wat Cambodia

travelingduo

We are scheduled to be on the Quest to Asia in January but Azamara still does not have any shore excursions organized. Our port of call in Cambodia is Sihanoukville. We wanted to get to Angkor Wat, which requires a charter flight and an entire day. Does anyone have any experience with this port and/or the ability to get to Angkor Wat? Thanks CC's!

• 2 weeks later...
We are scheduled to be on the Quest to Asia in January but Azamara still does not have any shore excursions organized. Our port of call in Cambodia is Sihanoukville. We wanted to get to Angkor Wat, which requires a charter flight and an entire day. Does anyone have any experience with this port and/or the ability to get to Angkor Wat? Thanks CC's!

We did Angkor Wat 4 years ago on a pre cruise with HAL.Stayed at the Hotel de Angor a Raphells hotel FANTASTIC place.If you really want to go I would suggest a pre tour through Azamara Or private company.Its a far trip from the port of Sihanoukville and besides Phnome Pen is fasinating and I would not suggest missing it.

You cannot do justice to Angkor Wat in a day. We were there for 2 days and still did not see all of it. We too stayed at the Raffles Hotel Grand d'Angkor in Siam Reap which is beautiful. The Raffles Hotel Le Royal, Phnom Penh is also worth staying in. Do a land tour before or after your cruise.

Pictures of AW in my sign off.

You cannot do justice to Angkor Wat in a day. We were there for 2 days and still did not see all of it. We too stayed at the Raffles Hotel Grand d'Angkor in Siam Reap which is beautiful. The Raffles Hotel Le Royal, Phnom Penh is also worth staying in. Do a land tour before or after your cruise.

Pictures of AW in my sign off.

I totally agree. We where there 3 nites and it wasn't enough.

If your cruise starts or ends in Bangkok then you should book it before or after your cruise.

If I rememer correctly there are a few flite from Bangkok everyday,and when you land in Siam Reap you can bye a visa right there.

Check out an airline called Bangkok Airways. You can buy a special pass, Discovery Pass, here in the US from their office for flights to and from Bangkok to both SR and PN, and in between. The pass is a better deal than just booking the individual flights.

http://www.bangkokair.com/en/airpass.php

We are going to Thailand and Cambodia in November, first doing a 7 day cruise on Star Clipper out of Phuket then spending a week in Cambodia between Phnom Penh and Siem Riep with the Discovery Pass. We have 4 flights for $400, e ticketed and paid in advance.

Archived