Amsterdam Verandah Cabins

NapTown Jim

We're booked on the Amsterdam's last Alaskan voyage and I'm considering suprising my mom with a 'free' Alaskan cruise by offering to pay for her fare to join us in our cabin. Just out of curiosity, would 3 adults feel cramped in a standard Verandah cabin on the Amsterdam?

We've only sailed on the Maasdam before and as I recall the verandah cabin we had on that ship was pretty big, but if we had to stow clothing for a third person we might have trouble finding adequate space. Does the Amsterdam have enough storage for 3 people on a 7 day cruise?

Just out of curiosity, would 3 adults feel cramped in a standard Verandah cabin on the Amsterdam?

Does the Amsterdam have enough storage for 3 people on a 7 day cruise?

With the verandah for breathing room, you can survive for 7 days ... unless one or more of you needs lots of bathroom time! :D As far as storage, remember that you don't have to fully unpack your bags on the first day. Take just 3 or 4 days worth out to start, and cycle things. (Three bags will go under the bed.)

There are curtains across both the entrance area past the wardrobe area and between the bed and the sitting area on the Amsterdam. The rooms are not much wider than those on the Vista class ships, but do seem a little longer. Also, the balcony is deep so you can certainly enjoy it out there if it is nice outside. The Amsterdam has so many little nooks and crannys in the lounges that there will always be somewhere quiet to escape to if it does get too crowded. Enjoy!!!! :D :D :D

Archived