Live From Mariner

Hey Justin!

Loving your reiview. Your pictures are great. Where did you hang out at Orient Beach.....and where are all the people!!?? It looks like you were down towards Waikiki.

We were at Waikiki. What a beautiful beach it was. We were the only ship in port, but I was really surprised at how little people there were.

It wasn't hot at all. The UV index was high however, and if you don't wear sunscreen, you will get burnt within a few minutes. The water temperature was ideal. Just cold enough to be refreshing, but not too cold. It really was a great time. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to St. Maarten. It was $12 roundtrip.

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them! :)

Quick question: Where are the wi-fi spots on the Mariner?

The ones I know for a fact are the internet cafe, cafe promenade, and the viking crown lounge. I found the internet (and view) to be the best in the viking crown.

Hey,

I just got off of the Mariner as well........ what can you say but AWESOME ship and staff. You are right about Justin being the next new cruise director, he was so funny.....:D he really took a beating in the Quest though.... heard he was headed to the doctor tomorrow!!! I can only tell you that our group (16 of us) had the time of our lives. We went to all shows, karioke, midnight buffet by the pool, bingo, etc. We ranged in age from 17 to 75 and everyone was entertained, fed, pampered and we all had a great time. Went to Trunk Bay in St. Thomas, City Tour and Orient Beach in St. Maarten. We really liked St. Maarten!! Some of the kids were a bit shocked by the nudity on the beach :eek:

I am so beat right now I can hardly think but will try to do a cruise review tonight or tomorrow!!!

Anyone getting ready to go on the Mariner, you will LOVE her and her staff.

Gail

That is really great to hear. This was our 3rd time on her, and this years quest was the funnies one yet, IMO.

I went to most karaoke nights as well. There were some decent singers and some not so decent singers (Ozzie) ;) How did you like Trunk Bay though?

Karaoke was pretty bad most nights. I met Ozzie and her sisters at the Meet and Mingle, she was pretty much a hoot to talk to..... ;) The last time we were on Mariner, two years ago, they had some really good singers so this crowd was a bit tough to listen to but fun to laugh about and enjoy just for their bravery in getting up there.

If you were there for the first night, 5 of the kids in our group, got up and ended the show with a pretty funny/bad version of Bye Bye Bye by NSync. They had us laughing!! In the Quest one of our boys was a captain. He just got back from serving 15 months in Iraqi and he cut loose and had some fun!! We cheered him on like crazy!!!

It was such a good time and I am envious that you are getting ready to get back on "MY" ship!!!! :(

We will miss her when she goes to the other coast!!

Karaoke was pretty bad most nights. I met Ozzie and her sisters at the Meet and Mingle, she was pretty much a hoot to talk to..... ;) The last time we were on Mariner, two years ago, they had some really good singers so this crowd was a bit tough to listen to but fun to laugh about and enjoy just for their bravery in getting up there.

If you were there for the first night, 5 of the kids in our group, got up and ended the show with a pretty funny/bad version of Bye Bye Bye by NSync. They had us laughing!! In the Quest one of our boys was a captain. He just got back from serving 15 months in Iraqi and he cut loose and had some fun!! We cheered him on like crazy!!!

It was such a good time and I am envious that you are getting ready to get back on "MY" ship!!!! :(

We will miss her when she goes to the other coast!!

Is Ozzie a poster on here?! That is funny. What team number was he a captain for? Karaoke isn't always about being good. It is about having fun, and I had a great time watching some of those people get up and sing. I must have missed the people from your group singing NSYNC. I must have left early that night. Did you see the guy in the quest that completely dropped his pants and had no underwear on? I was almost on the ground laughing at that.

Ozzie's sister was the one who posted and brought all of her sisters to the M&M. Ray was captain of team 10 he is in the cruise video a lot!!. The guy who dropped his pants must have been out of his mind. I guess he really wanted that KEY CHAIN....lol :eek:

Well, time to get some sleep since I was up at 4 am this morning.... didn't want to leave, boo hoo!!

Hey Justin, welcome back! Maybe when you get back on next week you can ask Drew how much longer he is going to be on..people rave about him and his staff so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will still be on in 3 weeks from today!!! We always cruise in late June/early July and it always seems like the CD is either coming or going right around that time.

I personally feel (from my own experience) that the first week with a new CD is not always as good as when they have been on the ship for a while.. I am one of those cruisers that have experienced above and beyond CD's and believe that the CD can add to the enjoyment of the cruise experience.

Thanks! Stacey

Archived