Live From Mariner

I'm back for another (quick) update. I post this from the upper pool deck. I bought a few prepaid wifi minutes so I am on my laptop. It took all the patience I had to upload this picture for you all, but I took this picture a few minutes ago from about 20 feet in front of me. Sorry, I know it is a little blurry, but it will do the job for now. Now I know how Radio feels when he does these. They actually are fun, and I hope I can help someone else pass the time quicker for their cruise.

2736373330075918025GnRAak_ph.jpg

Tomorrow night is the last night, and there is going to be an outstanding comedian by the name of Dan Wilson. I saw him 2 years ago and laughed as hard as I ever had at a clean comedian. For those of you getting on Sunday, you are in for a real treat. The Mariner looks like this is her maiden voyage. Just don't forget to wave to me when you are getting off, because I will be getting right back on next Sunday ;)

Bye for now.

Sounds like you are having alot of fun. You are coming on our cruise.

We have a roll call going right now and haven't seen you on our boards.

Come join we have about 70 coming to the M&M

Sylvia

Hi, Hope you get back to talk to us again. love the live threads especially when we have foggy cold weather here(coming into our winter now)

my question is about the trip to the everglades then onto the airport on disembarkation day. What is the cost for this? what time is the latest flight you can have to do this? I know there is also one to the space centre but we want to spend longer there so using one of our disney days to do that before the cruise.

Hubby doesnt want to hire a car but i am thinking costwise with there being 4 of us it will be the way to go.

Anyway if you can find anything out i would be grateful. I have seen the compasses online but no mention of times and prices there.

thanks a lot

I'm sorry I didn't get to check. I'm not sure if you have received your cruise documents yet, but I am sure you could find your answer in there.

Hello all.

Less than 50 minutes than stepping off the ship, I am home. It is extremely depressing. I am going to upload some pictures and start answering questions.

You're so lucky to be home already. :)

And don't be depressed; you'll be getting back on Mariner one week from today! :D

(I think my husband is ready to strangle me. I keep doing the "next week at this time" thing. :D)

Oh Justin! I have another question for you. :)

Do you know if they were using the stabilizers on Mariner when you sailed? (Could you tell?) There have been rumors about RC not using them in an attempt to be more fuel efficient. We're cruising next week with a couple who has never cruised. He hasn't ever wanted to because he's prone to sea sickness. For a year we've been telling him "they have stabilizers...you won't even know you're on a ship!" (I personally don't think he'll have any issues because he's only been on smaller fishing boats.)

Thanks Justin..any info would be appreciated. I have never sailed RCI so I don't know anything about any of the CD's..I just like to research them to see what others think about them beforehand. Stacey

Sorry, I completely forgot to ask when he was leaving. However, I can tell you that he was awesome. I talked to him last night for a while and he is a great guy. I do know that he and his entire cruise staff will be there for atleast another 2 weeks, because he said he would like to say hi next week. I can also say the entire cruise director staff was the best I have ever seen. Katie, the activities manager was fantastic. It is only a matter of time before Justin becomes a cruise director. Mike from Tennessee was great as well. You won't be disappointed.

To be honest, there was no need at all for stabalizers. The seas were as calm as can be. I like a little bit of movement, because it reminds me I am on a ship. The ONLY place you could feel movement was in the Savoy Theatre. I'm not sure why that is. In Captains Corner yesterday morning, Captain Per talked about how the stabalizers work, so I would have to assume that rumor floating around the boards about them not using the stabalizers is false. Kind of off topic, but Captain Per also said that when we find out the remaining details about Oasis, we will be completely blown away, as it is like nothing anyone could ever imagine. We will have to wait and see.

But please, if you, or anyone else has any other questions, please ask me. It helps me re-live my cruise, and it is helpful to everyone else as well :)

Must be Gerald and Greta, they are a wonderful couple... If you see them again tell them Jill said hi!

It was Gerald and Greta. They seemed to be great people. I talked to them a little bit, and they have 8 more cruises booked, along with the 46 night around the horn cruise on the Mariner. Gerald said this was about his 30th time on the Mariner. They are truly my heroes ;)

One more from the balcony

CIMG2137.jpg

Holy cow.. your pics are amazing, and have me more excited than ever about the Mariner! We'll be taking our first spin on the Mariner in September. Thanks for making the time go by a little easier. ;)

It was Gerald and Greta. They seemed to be great people. I talked to them a little bit, and they have 8 more cruises booked, along with the 46 night around the horn cruise on the Mariner. Gerald said this was about his 30th time on the Mariner. They are truly my heroes ;)

They are a wonderful couple and so nice too, we have crossed paths on several cruises with them...

Thanks for the compliments. I need to start packing again for next week ;)

That's exactly what I'm doing. (taking a packing break atm) :)

Our friends, who are cruising with us, are driving down leaving early on Wednesday morning. They're taking our cruise luggage down with them so when we fly down on early Saturday, we'll only have our laptop case and my backpack to carry.

I had our suitcases out in the family room this morning. My husband said "they have a funny odor." They do; and I can't even describe it, but needless to say, I don't want my stuff smelling. I tried airing them out and put a Bounce sheet, but still could smell the funky odor.

Long story short, we went to Kohl's this morning and they were having a "buy one get one free" luggage sale. We splurged on 2 big, roller suitcases.

And today I will begin filling them!

Great Pics Justin ! I love the shots from St Thomas !

Where did you go in St Thomas to get that pic ?

Thanks again !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio!

Thank you. To tell you the truth though, I can't remember what the name of it was. The cab driver took us there without asking. As you can tell by the picture, it was an awesome view.

That's exactly what I'm doing. (taking a packing break atm) :)

Our friends, who are cruising with us, are driving down leaving early on Wednesday morning. They're taking our cruise luggage down with them so when we fly down on early Saturday, we'll only have our laptop case and my backpack to carry.

I had our suitcases out in the family room this morning. My husband said "they have a funny odor." They do; and I can't even describe it, but needless to say, I don't want my stuff smelling. I tried airing them out and put a Bounce sheet, but still could smell the funky odor.

Long story short, we went to Kohl's this morning and they were having a "buy one get one free" luggage sale. We splurged on 2 big, roller suitcases.

And today I will begin filling them!

That will be nice to have vitually no luggage to worry about. But you got to love Kohls. I picked up one of my formal night shirts and a tie from there last Saturday.

Archived