Boarding with VIP in a group?

Daisyldy3

I read all of the above comments and I have nothing more to add. It does make the VIP check-in slow down when we have to go get the keys for the NON-VIPs. I would say that NON-VIPs who are on the SAME credit card for on-board charges as the VIPs must check-in with the VIPs regardless of the cabin cat. One more group that qualifies for VIP check-in is the Carnival Vacation Club members. They always like to bring ALL of their friends (large groups of them) into the VIP lounge and that really backs things up for the other real VIPs. See you in New Orleans.

I guess we will find out how it works on our next cruise when another couple will be sailing with us:D

Looks like an employee has spoken. Robert. He says it slows down the line to check in non VIPs. Thats what I have heard and seen. The VIP line can move so sluggishly, that you are often better off in the regular lines.

Just as a courtesy, it just seems to me that bringing your friends into the VIP line isnt fair to other VIPers. Just my feeling, but its no biggie to me. Not my problem as they say. I know I will be on the ship whenever.

Looks like an employee has spoken. Robert. He says it slows down the line to check in non VIPs. Thats what I have heard and seen. The VIP line can move so sluggishly, that you are often better off in the regular lines.

Just as a courtesy, it just seems to me that bringing your friends into the VIP line isnt fair to other VIPers. Just my feeling, but its no biggie to me. Not my problem as they say. I know I will be on the ship whenever.

It wouldn't bother me one way or another how Carnival handles it. I will just have to find out for myself when the time comes........

It does make the VIP check-in slow down when we have to go get the keys for the NON-VIPs. I would say that NON-VIPs who are on the SAME credit card for on-board charges as the VIPs must check-in with the VIPs regardless of the cabin cat.

What would you suggest as the best way for us to handle our check-in--a group of 11, only two of whom have a Cat 11 suite (but traveling with five children not VIP on our credit card for on-board charges), and both sets of our parents (in their 70s and 80s, one of each couple with some mobility issues) also not VIP--a total of five staterooms?

(This is beginning to feel like the word problem where you have five turtles on one side of the river, and only one alligator giving piggy-back rides, but the turtles have to be carried by twos so the gator doesn't tip over, so how do you get them moved with the least number of trips? arghhhhh)

What would you suggest as the best way for us to handle our check-in--a group of 11, only two of whom have a Cat 11 suite (but traveling with five children not VIP on our credit card for on-board charges), and both sets of our parents (in their 70s and 80s, one of each couple with some mobility issues) also not VIP--a total of five staterooms?

(This is beginning to feel like the word problem where you have five turtles on one side of the river, and only one alligator giving piggy-back rides, but the turtles have to be carried by twos so the gator doesn't tip over, so how do you get them moved with the least number of trips? arghhhhh)

There is a handicap line where you could take both parents. The handicap line is off the the side of the regular line and they dont make those folks walk all the way thru the port hall, they cut thru to get on the ship faster.

There are 3 of us, two have mobility problems, only one on a walker. We have always just gone to the regular line, but I dont think the lady on the walker can stand very long and my sister has balance issues, but I dont do anything special for her unless I dont have a choice, like insisting both of us be allowed on the elevator in the port building, not the escalator (she is also a little slow so I cant leave her to do it on her own).

Last time Susan on the walker went to the handicap line and we checked thru the regular line.

We have a cruise in February and we will be Platium by then, The other two couples will check in with us simply because they are my best friends (and other other couple are the inlaws).

On the plane trip to our port we will get to go into the VIP/Medallion lounge at the airport because we are their friends (we are not medallion). When I can share nice touches with my best friends (and the inlaws), I am going to.

We, my DH and I were vip's on our elation cruise in a cat 12. My dd and dsil were in a reg room. We seperated and meet up inside...no biggy. They didn't want to cause a hold up and were fine with the reg line. In the vip room they have your ss card and paperwork already there so if you are not expected they would not have your stuff and that would cause a back up for everyone else. Why would you want to do that??

If I just had to be with the non vips I would just go in the reg line. How hard is that?! But alittle seperation won't kill ya, you have a week to spend together. :D

Our mandate, from the "boss", is to check-in whomever enters the VIP Lounge and provide ALL of them with the same quality of service. If this backs up the check-in line for the real VIPs, then so be it. We cannot refuse service to anyone. Remeber that if you bring in non-VIPs into the lounge you may have to endure the looks from the real VIPs.

Our mandate, from the "boss", is to check-in whomever enters the VIP Lounge and provide ALL of them with the same quality of service. If this backs up the check-in line for the real VIPs, then so be it. We cannot refuse service to anyone. Remeber that if you bring in non-VIPs into the lounge you may have to endure the looks from the real VIPs.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. Now we can take this info and make our own decisions! :)

No it actually means you have to have a VIP in your group;)

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong (a big possiblity) but I took Rok's statement to mean anybody. He/She didn't say whomever enters with a VIP.

Well....nevermind. Rereading the last part of the post, "if you bring in non-VIP's" would mean I was interpreting wrong. lol!

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong (a big possiblity) but I took Rok's statement to mean anybody. He/She didn't say whomever enters with a VIP.

Well....nevermind. Rereading the last part of the post, "if you bring in non-VIP's" would mean I was interpreting wrong. lol!

I think the point is you have to get into the lounge first.

We have a cruise in February and we will be Platium by then, The other two couples will check in with us simply because they are my best friends (and other other couple are the inlaws).

On the plane trip to our port we will get to go into the VIP/Medallion lounge at the airport because we are their friends (we are not medallion). When I can share nice touches with my best friends (and the inlaws), I am going to.

I guess your friends and relatives are more important than the rest of us who either are Platinum or staying in suites, huh? How do all the rest of us get to be as important so that we don't have to wait in the regular lines. You are so positive that you can do what you want, I'd like to know your secret.

Ooookay, I think we're dealing with two different sets of questions here...

...those who qualify for VIP who are asking if senior family members who need additional assistance and/or minors can accompany them through VIP check-in

...and those who qualify for VIP who are asking if friends and able-bodied adults can accompany them through VIP check-in

I would like to think there's a difference in the two questions...but I could be mistaken. Robert?

Ooookay, I think we're dealing with two different sets of questions here...

...those who qualify for VIP who are asking if senior family members who need additional assistance and/or minors can accompany them through VIP check-in

...and those who qualify for VIP who are asking if friends and able-bodied adults can accompany them through VIP check-in

I would like to think there's a difference in the two questions...but I could be mistaken. Robert?

Robert already said they cant refuse to board the people VIPs bring with them, friends or family. More fast lines in regular for me, yea!!!

Archived