Two timing dinner outfits

Okay, so I know this is a silly question but I can be a pain when it comes to clothes and I need someone else to tell me this is okay.....

On our next cruise I have decided I am not over packing and not going all out for my dining in the dining room. We are going on a 12 night cruise and am already prepared to wear the versatile pants with different tops, etc. but do you think it is okay if I pack for 7 nights of dining and then just rewear my clothes on the last 4 nights. I really don't want to pack 12 different tops and dresses....

Is anyone really going to say "oh my gosh she just wore that 4 days ago"....

I know, I know, silly right, but I am paranoid that way and need someone else to tell me GO AHEAD DO IT

Yes its ok. If you REALLY feel bad about it make sure you and your partner don't wear the same rewears (what do you call them?) on the same night.

Like say day 8 you wear day 1 and your partner wear day 3. this way if anyone notices (i HIGHLY doubt anyone will) it wont look as familiar.

I've been doing the same sort of thing for a while - multiple tops for the same bottoms. When I get to do more than an eight day cruise, I'll probably do the same as the OP. I've always joked that if the worst thing someone can say when they return home is that a tablemate wore the same thing twice then they've had a pretty good cruise. (Personally, I don't think any one will really notice anyway.) Nowadays, too, with the multiple dining venues, if you wear something to the dining room one night and then wear the same thing to Portofino a couple of nights later, then absolutely no one will be the wiser.

I'd be absolutely mortified to see someone wearing an outfit to dinner that they had already worn earlier in the trip. It would be a major faux pas, and would likely ruin the remainder of my vacation. I just don't think I could enjoy myself, after witnessing such a travesty. :mad:

Of course . . . I'm kidding. Have at it! If anyone even notices, they'll probably think you're smart for packing light. Have a great trip. :)

I have to dissent in only one instance....IF you look like Angelina Jolie...or dance like Fred Astaire...THEN people will notice what you wear, and it would THEN be a disappointment if you wore the same thing twice to dinner. 'Cause you'd be wearing the same outfit in every picture the other pax took. lol

Really, if Ken & Barbie were so blessed with beauty, then shouldn't they entertain the masses with their attire? People are going to notice THEM.:D

OTOH...no one notices most people & if they do...they just hope that they have laundered the outfit between wearings. 'Cause if they can smell ya coming....

Okay..too much fun for one day!

I've been doing this for years on my cruises-after the first one when I didn't wear half of what I took with me. I am the mix and match queen. I make sure my tops and capris or slacks will match each other. Formal nights I have one pair of dressy black pants with different sparkly tops. My next 9 night cruise we've opted to skip formal nights so I'll have a carry-on bag and one duffle bag. That's it!

Go for it!

Absolutely fine! No one will even notice!

I generally bring only one basic black dress and wear it on both formal nights.

No one will notice! I was thinking about packing one dress for formal night and re-wearing it too. Now that I've read this, I will. :D

Okay, so I know this is a silly question but I can be a pain when it comes to clothes and I need someone else to tell me this is okay.....

On our next cruise I have decided I am not over packing and not going all out for my dining in the dining room. We are going on a 12 night cruise and am already prepared to wear the versatile pants with different tops, etc. but do you think it is okay if I pack for 7 nights of dining and then just rewear my clothes on the last 4 nights. I really don't want to pack 12 different tops and dresses....

Is anyone really going to say "oh my gosh she just wore that 4 days ago"....

I know, I know, silly right, but I am paranoid that way and need someone else to tell me GO AHEAD DO IT

No matter how many days, I pack for a 7 day cruise! Go ahead, it works great!

It's a great idea, don't feel silly or even question your decision to cut back. We've been doing it for years now. We wear the same clothes to embark and disembark, the same outfits first and last nights. The funny thing is how many people we see when disembarking that we never saw before all week, where were they?

Both DH and I take one or two pair of pants for evenings and a couple tops/shirts to mix and match. We cut back on shorts, you never really wear all of them. We used to pack choices and a dozen pair of shoes, I just got tired of all the organization and the heavy bags, I wanted to simplify. It's taken my husband longer to adjust, he still packs heavier than I do, but he's changing his mind a little with each trip now.

One cruise we were on in Hawaii there was a woman we noticed wearing the same dress every single night of the cruise. After night 3, we started looking for her and sure enough....there she was. It didn't help the dress was very eye-catching ;) . I think if she would have been wearing something more neutral we would never have even noticed her at all. I did admire her packing light, though :D

There is nothing wrong with recycling. I do it all of the time... ;)

Recycling...that's exactly it!!!!! Just like my purse made out of recycled seatbelts.....I am all about recycling.....

Thanks guys, now I won't be so self conscious (spelling?)

I always take 1 dress to wear both formal nights, and multiple tops that go with 2-3 pairs of slacks, After 7 cruises, I've got the dinner wear down pat, but I still pack too many pairs of shorts and tops so I'm working on doubling or even tripling up on those, if I wear a pair of shorts up for breakfast, then change into my bathing suit till dinner time, I should get away with 3 or even 4 days with 1 pair of shorts, right?

Noone will notice what you are wearing and even if they did what difference would it make? These changing times make it perfectly OK to wear dining outfits 2-4 times per cruise.

Trust me.. nobody looks at your clothing.:D

Enjoy your cruise.

It's called "recyclying".. LOL

We're on Vision in August and didn't want to pack 7 different outfits. This cruise is just to hold us over until genesis/oasis. Thennnnn, i"ll pack good clothes and no recycling...

With the airlines and their new luggage charges now in effect, we are going to have to change the way we pack.

I can no longer take an outfit for every night of the week, plus formal wear, plus all matching shoes, plus day wear, plus casual and all accessories like I always did. :rolleyes:

The mix and match is the new thing and re wearing the same thing is the "new style" in the dining rooms for me.

Besides, with the new "anytime dining", who is going to notice what we wore the nights before anyway? ;)

Bear in mind that almost all other countries had always had much less weight - only 20Kg in Eco so you just learn to mix and match better and even formal evenings. When we started cruising we bought black long skirts and have just always added new tops so we can mix and match there too. 1 skirt and 2 tops or 1 skirt 1 top and different accessories and you are done. Everyone has the same problem now so it really isn't a big deal.

Archived