What Ports Should be Eliminated??

sail7seas

Any port that requires a tender operation.

Any port that has more that 2 other ships in port at the same time. (Subject to revision given the new mega ships.):(

Any port I've been to before unless I really liked it.:D

Any Caribbean port. I've had my fill of them. They're all the same to me, and terribly crowded as noted above. (I know they're wildly popular with lots of folks, but I have no desire to do the Caribbean again (except for Half Moon Cay.)

We loved Grand Cayman on our last cruise, I would go there again. I wasn't sure of Jamaica but our trip there was great and we booked a private excursion.

We are so new to cruising that we haven't had a chance to visit a lot of ports and give an opinion. If there was 1 port I wasn't crazy about but all the other stops I thought I would enjoy - I'd still book the cruise. IMHO there are never enough sea days - even if I plan them myself.

Any Caribbean port. I've had my fill of them. They're all the same to me, and terribly crowded as noted above. (I know they're wildly popular with lots of folks, but I have no desire to do the Caribbean again (except for Half Moon Cay.)

Yes. Our last cruise was on a smaller ship, "to explore the ports the big ships cannot reach". Read 8 sq mi followed by one with a village of almost 1,000! Then into Margaritaville with a MUCH bigger ship. :( The cruise before, I was tired by the time I walked past about 8 other ships.:eek: :eek:

Most certainly Acapulco. It only gets dirtier, meaner, and more crime ridden every time we port there. We no longer get off the ship in this port.

It's very scary! When I got off the ship I walked in one direction for a while. I then went into the port for a while and came out again. I travel alone generally and this local said to me he had seen me out twice and where did I want to go. I don't know how he could have remembered with about 1500 people there. I don't think I'll get off the ship there again either:mad: !

Eight ships were in Belize last year when we were there. What was once a quiet little place was a madhouse. There must have been at least 20,000 people crowded onto the shopping plaza they've built there. The 6-mile tender ride just wasn't worth it.

are Ocho Rios, Tortola, Grand Turk, any place in the DR, St. Vincent and Acapulco. I don't have a problem w/ St. Thomas as we get our shopping done early at Havensight (arriving at either pier) get in car and head out east to Secret Harbour or Bolongo for the day and avoid CA. I would be interested in Gualdeloupe and St. Barts. I'm getting a bit tired of Grenada and St. Lucia. And I would really love to go to Cuba and maybe after the election it will be possible once again.

Any Jamaican port - I'd try Santo Domingo, DR instead

We never leave the ship when in Jamaica.

Long before we started crusing, we had a number of great vacations at resorts in Santo Domingo. We loved it there. Used a bunch of commen sense when out and about ;) but really loved it there. Wonderful Food!!! In those days, remarkably reasonable prices. I don't suppose that is the case today.

Archived