Cruising vs. All Inculsive

Tinwoman

Many (Most)of us don't have the ability to do that either from lack of time...or funds ! I guess if you have the means to do both...thank your lucky stars and do whatever. Perhaps you should buy a "Stateroom" on that floating island of a ship that stays roving all over the world 365 days a year. In essence your home. Think it's AI

Even when we had children at home...we did what we could the encourage the "see the world" attitude' date=' as our vacations weren't to see Grandma, or Uncle so & so but our [b']country[/b], as many states as we could go to, and as we didn't have a lot of funds...we did camping. Have to admit 2 out of 3 of our children like camping with their kids, but really aren't doing the "see the world" bit yet.:D Maybe the wanderlust skips a generation!

The World is that floating island that you "buy" your suite! We should be so lucky as to afford one!!!! The "condo" fees would kill me!!!

When our 2nd son came along we bought a 15' travel trailer and trucked those kids all over the western side of North America! Now that they've got kids, we prefer the cruise ships!! Done my camping! Now I want someone else to do the dishes!! AND put a chocolate on my pillow at night!!

bobgail-Several cruise lines are "all-inclusive." Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea are three of the most popular. Everything is included in your cruise price--liquor, wine, tips--except shore excursions, spa and personal items.

bobgail-Several cruise lines are "all-inclusive." Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea are three of the most popular. Everything is included in your cruise price--liquor, wine, tips--except shore excursions, spa and personal items.

Unfortunately the cruise lines mentioned charge much, much more than a AI. If it were different I would always cruise, as I prefer it over AI's.

I think all cruise lines should go with all inclusive, and they would corner the market.

The World is that floating island that you "buy" your suite! We should be so lucky as to afford one!!!! The "condo" fees would kill me!!!

When our 2nd son came along we bought a 15' travel trailer and trucked those kids all over the western side of North America! Now that they've got kids, we prefer the cruise ships!! Done my camping! Now I want someone else to do the dishes!! AND put a chocolate on my pillow at night!!

I quite agree about the "No more Camping" my back won't take it, and I'd rather eat a meal I didn't have to cook on a camp stove, but it was a way to vacation to see & do more than we could have otherwise. Fell in love with cruising in '93, still need to limit our trips to ones that "go somewhere" as we're on limited income...but our kids don't need an inheritance do they :D (they earn more than we ever did!)

Cathi and Napi's Mom, we were also campers. Before kids, we tent camped across the U.S. and even drove to Alaska and camped. When the 3 kids came along, we bought a 24 ft. Holiday trailer and for about 12 years, drove that thing every which way across the U.S. ( we were both teachers at the time, and had the luxury of 60 days of summer to do that ). Been to every state in the union several times over.

HOWEVER, there is a time and a place for everything. Now that we are retired, we discovered ***** hotels and cruise lines! It's a wonderful life, and yes, I do love those chocolates. So, as I said, everything in its own time - life has been good to us..........

We did all the camping trips when the kids were young and we had no money.

I can truly say to this day I HATE camping. LOL

I think all cruise lines should go with all inclusive, and they would corner the market.

OMG, can you imagine being on a mass market cruise like Carnival, NCL, RCCI with all-the-booze-you-can-drink passengers? This is something that would cause me to stop cruising!! I like a drink or two myself, but cannot abide being in a large group of drunks with their obnoxious loud bad behavior. The security costs for a policy like this would go up dramatically!!

Susie

OMG, can you imagine being on a mass market cruise like Carnival, NCL, RCCI with all-the-booze-you-can-drink passengers? This is something that would cause me to stop cruising!! I like a drink or two myself, but cannot abide being in a large group of drunks with their obnoxious loud bad behavior. The security costs for a policy like this would go up dramatically!!

Susie

My idea about the AI vacation is...I don't drink (Meds & personal choice) my DH does some, but really little. If we did all inclusive our price would include paying for drinks we don't drink, and therefor paying for OTHERS drinks. Onboard we get what we do enjoy... included... the food...room... entertainment....and someone to clean twice a day. I surely would not like paying a great deal more so others can drink a lot..and become an obnoxious problem as you've stated! That is practically the only thing not included on a cruise.

Susie

I think you posted someone else's quote, I did not say that.:confused:

Look at post #28. It's under your name.

Once again I did not say that I was quoting Cruiseyguy.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by cruiseyguy viewpost.gif

Would someone like to create a CLEAR picture of what susiesan, tinwoman and cruiseguy said or are supposed to have said? I can't make head or tail of the last few entries, and don't know what entry #28 has to do with anything.

Would someone like to create a CLEAR picture of what susiesan, tinwoman and cruiseguy said or are supposed to have said? I can't make head or tail of the last few entries, and don't know what entry #28 has to do with anything.

Guess it about a quote...which WAS made if you go back & read post #28, by Tinwoman... at the very end of her post:

Unfortunately the cruise lines mentioned charge much, much more than a AI. If it were different I would always cruise, as I prefer it over AI's.

is the exact quote from her post..., and what was quoted by Susisan....the rest was Susisan's comments about the idea brought forth in the quote by Tinwoman!What she was objecting to I have no idea. It was her quote...perhaps people should read better what others say and what THEY write themselves, before accusing others of misquoting etc..

Nothing about any of it is worthy of additional comment I think!!!!!!!!!:eek:

As for the choice between all-inclusive cruise lines and the maintstream cruise lines....if I could afford it, I'll take the A-I cruise line. Now the prices are getting really high for the A-I lines, so I find other ships I like, total up all the charges, the airfare, the single supplement (I travel solo), and once that is added up, I add $1500. for my bar bill, and other onboard stuff. Then I take that number and divide it by the number of days on the cruise. Once in awhile, the A-I cruise lines come up with a very good price....but I've noticed prices for A-I for 2009 have increased. The thing I like best about the A-I lines (I've been on Seabourn and Regent), is the relaxed atmosphere. The lounges always have amiable company, and the servers seem less stressed. That being said, I must add that I've had wonderful service on nearly every cruise I've taken - with the exception of NCL. I've taken NCL twice and I guess food and service is not their best thing. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading all the posts. I haven't been to al all-inclusive resort, yet - cruising take up all of my time(!) Take care, and have some fun today. Jini

Archived